LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Vic Carucci thinks poorly of Josh Morgan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by lamontb:
What's so hard to understand We all think Morgan will be good but it's not like he lit it up out there last year to where these national guys are gonna say he's a legit game changing WR.

Totally agree.

I like Morgan, but I didn't see last year anything that made me think he was the next great 49ers WR.

I would LOVE to be wrong, but I just didn't see it last year. He rarely got much separation and he seems to lumber a bit when he runs. He isn't very smooth.

He did make some good catches in traffic, but I think the jury is very much still out on him.

He was wide open deep down the field several times last year. He also had a staph infection. You can die from that. He is a rookie. Give him some time.
The #1 guy eventually is probably Crabtree as long as he translates to the NFL.
Originally posted by lamontb:
What's so hard to understand We all think Morgan will be good but it's not like he lit it up out there last year to where these national guys are gonna say he's a legit game changing WR.

He did light it up when he was healthy that is.
Josh Morgan definitely has the knack for making big plays. Sky is the limit for his potential and I expect him and Crabtree to be a formidable duo for years to come.
I don't think anyone knew that Terrel Owens would be a great receiver, and total lunatic, after his rookie year. His numbers were pretty similar to Morgan's, when you consider the quality of their teams.
Originally posted by leolion:
I don't think anyone knew that Terrel Owens would be a great receiver, and total lunatic, after his rookie year. His numbers were pretty similar to Morgan's, when you consider the quality of their teams.

It would be freakishly amazing if morgan had a fraction of the career owens has done. That fraction being 2/3's of his career that is. And to add on the the legandary list of wideouts we have had.
Rice
Owens
John taylor
Dwight clark
R. Owens
Freddie solomon

{Rashaun woods} ok scharcasm lol

But to have morgan and quite likely crabtree amongst those names would be amazing for the franchise

[ Edited by frankie on Jun 27, 2009 at 18:11:21 ]
Originally posted by frankie:

It would be freakishly amazing if morgan had a fraction of the career owens has done. That fraction being 2/3's of his career that is. And to add on the the legandary list of wideouts we have had.
Rice
Owens
John taylor
R. Owens
Freddie solomon

But to have morgan and quite likely crabtree amongst those names would be amazing for the franchise

Don't forget Dwight Clark! And those are only the guys from the modern era.
Originally posted by frankie:

Rice
Owens
John taylor
R. Owens
Freddie solomon

Don't forget Dwight Clark! And those are only the guys from the modern era.

Thanks man dunno how dwight clark slipped my mind, and very true the list actually is quite longer beyond the modern era!
Fixing that rite now
We should hope that the go to receiver becomes Crabtree shouldnt we?
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
We should hope that the go to receiver becomes Crabtree shouldnt we?

Most definately 1st rd pick 10th overall, wouldn't mind that at all. I hope Crabtree is gonna be a special player for the niners

• GoatRider
  • Info N/A
Vic Carucci doesn't know anything about the niners besides last year's stats. National writers just like Don Banks. Whatever.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Yo c'mon guys Captain Morgen izzz goonna to be the bomb this year. He is da shizznitz, he killed it in preseason last year. VS is just a hater like all the rest, the Captain will lead us to the Super Bowl this year and he and Crabs will become the best WR duo to ever play in football. I predict both have 80 catches and 1000 yards each!

Shoot me now please.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5TIME49:
Vic is a moron. Anyone that watches all 9er games could see in his rookie year he had some major talent. Alot of us knew when he was drafted that he would or could be something special. I am pretty sure we will all see that this year in a pretty big way.

So true considering everyone thinks every late round prospect and UDFA will turn out to be a diamond in the rough.

• RichM
  • Info N/A
What did you expect. Most of the national writers are from the East and they only see great things from eastern teams. When JM does his thing and becomes an all pro they will write fewer bad things but he will still be on a team from the other coast. I remember in the 80-90's, it just killed them to have the best team out west. We know what we have and I don't wait for national writers to tell me so.
Go Niners
Originally posted by RichM:
What did you expect. Most of the national writers are from the East and they only see great things from eastern teams. When JM does his thing and becomes an all pro they will write fewer bad things but he will still be on a team from the other coast. I remember in the 80-90's, it just killed them to have the best team out west. We know what we have and I don't wait for national writers to tell me so.
Go Niners

The nail in the coffen is the weak nfc west! When that weak ass nfc west niner team haunted everyteam in the league for 20 yrs! Wow that's pretty f'n weak lol
Goniners
Share 49ersWebzone