LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Pledge to make Candlestick loud!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have only been to the stick 7 or 8 times. I hate to agree with said poster but the stadium is somewhat tame to opposing teams. There are some stadiums in the NFL where the crowd/homefield definitely plays a factor, Seattle=LOUD for instance, NE in the winter the snow/weather. I think if the fans chose not to care what everyone else thought and chose to go nuts it would help!!!

Go Niners!!!
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I have only been to the stick 7 or 8 times. I hate to agree with said poster but the stadium is somewhat tame to opposing teams. There are some stadiums in the NFL where the crowd/homefield definitely plays a factor, Seattle=LOUD for instance, NE in the winter the snow/weather. I think if the fans chose not to care what everyone else thought and chose to go nuts it would help!!!

Go Niners!!!

F**K Seattle, New England, New York(s), Arizona ST. Louis and all the rest. I live on Grape Street in Compton. Ive been a "safe house" for more drugs than any of you have ever seen, and I've been given more girls than you have seen at the mall on any given day, even on New Year's Day or Halloween or even the 4th Of July. So my main message is this: The 49ers are going to steam to a 8 - 7 record and win the Western Division. This I foresee happening to the San Francisco 49ere this year:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
The lack of respect being shown to older 49er fans especially long term season ticket holders who bought season tickets before 1981 is appalling . Just because I don’t scream my F**king head off on every defensive play some how I am not a Niner fan? Where the hell were you when we were only getting 35-40,000 fans a game until half way through the 1981 season when everyone became a 49er fan?

My family hasn’t gotten rid of our season tickets just because the product on the field since 2003 has been pure sh*t (even worse then the 70’s), however lot people have and attendance is down. Yes games “officially sell out” but the reality is that instead of 62-65,000+ fans it is more around 55,000 fans or less maybe this is why noise is down? I was at a game a few years back that had only 40-45,000 fans attend.

During the glory years Candlestick rocked with noise especially when playing the Cowboys, Rams. Ditka’s Bears, Parcells Giants and the playoffs. We taunted Ditka on Monday night to the point he threw gum at a fan (who of course pressed charges) and yelled so loud Jim Everett, QB of the Rams came unglued during the NFC Championship game. My dad told me stories about Kezar and a riot they had on the field (turned over a police van) after a Bear game. Those fans that started that riot are still coming to games to this day. Are you that rabid of a fan well some of our old timers are?

You don’t think us depend wearing, white wine sipping, f*cked up old farts can yell? Oh we can yell, we know the importance and have seen how the yelling has helped (examples above), however this team for the most part has not been worthy of our yelling because it has not made a difference. It has not had an emotional impact, stopped a drive, created a penalty or turnover. Sorry goes both ways if I am going to yell until my throat is red and I am spitting blood (which I did through out the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s) then you as a team sure as hell better perform.

Earlier someone complained about fans leaving early. When my 85 year old dad attends games we do leave early because we have had too many incidents where he has almost been knocked down, so before you condemn someone about leaving early you may want to consider why. If your 85 and still able to attend 49er games applaud the guy instead of putting him down. Plus that 85 year old man was sent off to war when he was 18 and lived in a fox hole so that our youth of today could attend college games, get drunk off there a** then go back to there dorm or apartment and f*ck there girlfriends.

Youth is a wonderful thing enjoy it while you have it because some day your going to have a drunk 20+ kid tell you that you’re a stupid fu*ked up old man (been said to me twice at 49er games while protecting my father) and at that moment you will be glad that old man of 48 who is ex-military, 6’2, 225 with 5% body fat has the wisdom to control his temper and not beat the sh*t out of you.
Flame on

so instead of getting into the game and rooting for your team you come on an internet forum and put on a tough guy act? Why not save that energy for the game. You can start by getting out of the chair and stop complaining about these so called young fans who are enthusiastic about their team like you USED to be to sit down because they might spill your wine and make you drop your cheese.

Sir, if you have read the entire thread there was several posts that are personal attacks and offensive with respect to older individuals specifically the post by BigBug415 to BrodieFan. To Mr. BigBug415 credit he did publically apologize. When someone calls a 52 year old grandpa yes I will assume the person saying that is young. I guess those of us who are older are suppose to accept these attacks? My next question is would you? Why are you personally attacking me and making the assumptions that you are?

You are assuming I don’t root for my team. In reality by the end of a game I tend to have a very sore throat and knees (two ACL’s and titanium rod with 6 pins can’t stand like I use to) from getting up out of my chair sitting down, standing back up, going to the bathroom to deal with the beer unless I have had cheese.

I will assume you are talking about my patience and sound judgment when referring to how becoming older has helped me manage when a 20+ year old drunk verbally abuses me and could cause bodily harm to my 85 year old father if I let him pass me on the escalator? If that is a tough guy act so be it.

Go ahead and yell, scream on every play just show respect to those around you. They paid for a ticket to some have brought children and don’t want there child hearing f**k every 30 seconds its all about finding a compromise. Within our section we have around 10 rows that have been together for a long time at the beginning of the season people move around so the guys who want to stand and yell every play can. The guy behind me lets everyone know he is a yeller and will probably spill one beer (generally he buys me one beer since he knows he will spill one on me) he communicated I can deal with that. He gets us going sometimes when we are down and frustrated. It can all works if you want it to.

I don’t know how old you are but youth is a wonderful thing and should be enjoyed. When your young you recover from your hangovers faster, can party longer, generally (trying not to assume) do not have the emotional burdens and scars us old people have, your body is not physically messed up as much, and have a youthful exuberance and zest for life. It is a great time in one’s life enjoy it.
Originally posted by 666SF666SF:

Go Niners!!!

F**K Seattle, New England, New York(s), Arizona ST. Louis and all the rest. I live on Grape Street in Compton. Ive been a "safe house" for more drugs than any of you have ever seen, and I've been given more girls than you have seen at the mall on any given day, even on New Year's Day or Halloween or even the 4th Of July. So my main message is this: The 49ers are going to steam to a 8 - 7 record and win the Western Division. This I foresee happening to the San Francisco 49ere this year:

8-7 is 15 games...are they going to tie one or just quit near the end?
With five days left until the home opener, I decided to bring this thread back. I'm thrilled with the response it garnered. I felt it was a pressing concern that needed to be touched on.

That being said, is there anyone who would like to make good on an attempt to change the atmosphere at Candlestick?

I'm aware there's an older crowd and that inhibits our potential to get the place rocking, but there's definitely things we can do.

Somebody mentioned passing around flyers at the tailgating scene to make people aware of the importance of crowd noise and to encourage them to stand up and cheer. At the same time, I feel this flyer should encourage people not to get upset when fans around them get loud and that they're simply trying to do their best to help the team win and express enthusiasm. If there's some succinct and articulate writers out there can we get something written and passed out?

I can definitely help in the construction of a flyer but I unfortunately cannot pass them out because I live in NJ.

Anyone who echoes my sentiments regarding the importance of crowd noise can you please post back or PM me so we can work towards a change?

I only discussed flyers as a solution because that was mentioned earlier. New and/or better ideas are definitely welcome in conjuction with that. We need to get this place bumping and give Seattle a taste of their own medicine.
Almost forgot...

Mods if there's anyway we can make this thread official or pinned, I feel it would help to keep it in everyone's minds throughout the season.

Thanks much guys. If we work together I really think we can make an impact here. There's certainly enough of us.

Go Niners!!!

you aint gotta lie to kick it, your name is Caleb Piatkowski, you live in Malibu and you enjoy karate and playing wizards of warcraft, i found a picture of you
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

Go Niners!!!

you aint gotta lie to kick it, your name is Caleb Piatkowski, you live in Malibu and you enjoy karate and playing wizards of warcraft, i found a picture of you

He said 8-7
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
With five days left until the home opener, I decided to bring this thread back. I'm thrilled with the response it garnered. I felt it was a pressing concern that needed to be touched on.

That being said, is there anyone who would like to make good on an attempt to change the atmosphere at Candlestick?

I'm aware there's an older crowd and that inhibits our potential to get the place rocking, but there's definitely things we can do.

Somebody mentioned passing around flyers at the tailgating scene to make people aware of the importance of crowd noise and to encourage them to stand up and cheer. At the same time, I feel this flyer should encourage people not to get upset when fans around them get loud and that they're simply trying to do their best to help the team win and express enthusiasm. If there's some succinct and articulate writers out there can we get something written and passed out?

I can definitely help in the construction of a flyer but I unfortunately cannot pass them out because I live in NJ.

Anyone who echoes my sentiments regarding the importance of crowd noise can you please post back or PM me so we can work towards a change?

I only discussed flyers as a solution because that was mentioned earlier. New and/or better ideas are definitely welcome in conjuction with that. We need to get this place bumping and give Seattle a taste of their own medicine.

I'm with ya on crowd involvement but..We need more fans in the seats

More Fans > Louder fans

we need to encourage people to get in the stadium then just being louder

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 15, 2009 at 10:06:48 ]
The lack of respect being shown to older 49er fans especially long term season ticket holders who bought season tickets before 1981 is appalling . Just because I don’t scream my F**king head off on every defensive play some how I am not a Niner fan? Where the hell were you when we were only getting 35-40,000 fans a game until half way through the 1981 season when everyone became a 49er fan?

My family hasn’t gotten rid of our season tickets just because the product on the field since 2003 has been pure sh*t (even worse then the 70’s), however lot people have and attendance is down. Yes games “officially sell out” but the reality is that instead of 62-65,000+ fans it is more around 55,000 fans or less maybe this is why noise is down? I was at a game a few years back that had only 40-45,000 fans attend.

During the glory years Candlestick rocked with noise especially when playing the Cowboys, Rams. Ditka’s Bears, Parcells Giants and the playoffs. We taunted Ditka on Monday night to the point he threw gum at a fan (who of course pressed charges) and yelled so loud Jim Everett, QB of the Rams came unglued during the NFC Championship game. My dad told me stories about Kezar and a riot they had on the field (turned over a police van) after a Bear game. Those fans that started that riot are still coming to games to this day. Are you that rabid of a fan well some of our old timers are?

You don’t think us depend wearing, white wine sipping, f*cked up old farts can yell? Oh we can yell, we know the importance and have seen how the yelling has helped (examples above), however this team for the most part has not been worthy of our yelling because it has not made a difference. It has not had an emotional impact, stopped a drive, created a penalty or turnover. Sorry goes both ways if I am going to yell until my throat is red and I am spitting blood (which I did through out the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s) then you as a team sure as hell better perform.

Earlier someone complained about fans leaving early. When my 85 year old dad attends games we do leave early because we have had too many incidents where he has almost been knocked down, so before you condemn someone about leaving early you may want to consider why. If your 85 and still able to attend 49er games applaud the guy instead of putting him down. Plus that 85 year old man was sent off to war when he was 18 and lived in a fox hole so that our youth of today could attend college games, get drunk off there a** then go back to there dorm or apartment and f*ck there girlfriends.

Youth is a wonderful thing enjoy it while you have it because some day your going to have a drunk 20+ kid tell you that you’re a stupid fu*ked up old man (been said to me twice at 49er games while protecting my father) and at that moment you will be glad that old man of 48 who is ex-military, 6’2, 225 with 5% body fat has the wisdom to control his temper and not beat the sh*t out of you.
Flame on

so instead of getting into the game and rooting for your team you come on an internet forum and put on a tough guy act? Why not save that energy for the game. You can start by getting out of the chair and stop complaining about these so called young fans who are enthusiastic about their team like you USED to be to sit down because they might spill your wine and make you drop your cheese.

Sir, if you have read the entire thread there was several posts that are personal attacks and offensive with respect to older individuals specifically the post by BigBug415 to BrodieFan. To Mr. BigBug415 credit he did publically apologize. When someone calls a 52 year old grandpa yes I will assume the person saying that is young. I guess those of us who are older are suppose to accept these attacks? My next question is would you? Why are you personally attacking me and making the assumptions that you are?

You are assuming I don’t root for my team. In reality by the end of a game I tend to have a very sore throat and knees (two ACL’s and titanium rod with 6 pins can’t stand like I use to) from getting up out of my chair sitting down, standing back up, going to the bathroom to deal with the beer unless I have had cheese.

I will assume you are talking about my patience and sound judgment when referring to how becoming older has helped me manage when a 20+ year old drunk verbally abuses me and could cause bodily harm to my 85 year old father if I let him pass me on the escalator? If that is a tough guy act so be it.

Go ahead and yell, scream on every play just show respect to those around you. They paid for a ticket to some have brought children and don’t want there child hearing f**k every 30 seconds its all about finding a compromise. Within our section we have around 10 rows that have been together for a long time at the beginning of the season people move around so the guys who want to stand and yell every play can. The guy behind me lets everyone know he is a yeller and will probably spill one beer (generally he buys me one beer since he knows he will spill one on me) he communicated I can deal with that. He gets us going sometimes when we are down and frustrated. It can all works if you want it to.

I don’t know how old you are but youth is a wonderful thing and should be enjoyed. When your young you recover from your hangovers faster, can party longer, generally (trying not to assume) do not have the emotional burdens and scars us old people have, your body is not physically messed up as much, and have a youthful exuberance and zest for life. It is a great time in one’s life enjoy it.

Bejaard49er, way to go! I deeply respect and applaud these posts.

Respect is at the center of most attacks by other people especially in the Zone. People in general especially the younger generations do not hold respect in high regard anymore. Instead, I see the poster child to this problem being "entitlement". I see more and more of this including my wife's second grade class. It is not just the adults, but their children sadly enough.

Respect can soothe so many rough edges, but people just don't do it. The "BOO" thing is another very volitale subject. Some believe they have a right to do it against their very own team and coaches. However, I don't believe it is right. You can simply be positive to your team like "Shake it off!" "You can do better!" or even "Pull the head out!" Some don't and yells boos to express their dissatisfaction. But to come in and yell obscenities in front of kids and family who want to enjoy the game, is rude pure and simple. We all have a right to enjoy the game!

Heck, I remember scaring a poor kid by scream cheering, who was at his first 49er game, this preseason because Michele and I were happy to have our new box seats. I deeply apologized to him directly. I explained I have deep lungs and voice does travel quite a bit on me especially when we make plays on D. I went out and bought the kid a hot dog and shared some insight to the game because the parents didn't call security...lol.

Seriously though, the onus was on me because I caused a new, fellow fledgling fan to possibly be scared to come back. Heck no! I would never allow that to happen. We need as many new recruits as possible!

Thanks again for your post and I agree wholeheartedly!!!!

I will be in Section 14 screaming my ass off!!!!!
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Go Niners!!!

Y'all better stop clowning, this is the realest thing I've seen here. I know exactly what this cat's talking about. Real talk.

This ish is so effing real. I might be able to foresee some crap, too, if I'd ever been a "safe house" in Compton or seen a lot of girls. Freaking real talk.

Don't play around, valrod. You're showing yourself to be unreal.

i would like to apologize for my unrealness, but i have to admit i have never seen girls before so i was just hating on the dude because im jealous, i also which i had the power so forsee a lockout shrotened season in which we go 8-7 and become Division champs
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I went to a game when TO was still on the squad and it was by far the quitest stadium I have ever been in.

Most fans I saw were too p***y to yell and make noise.

I have about a 110 decibel level in my room during the game. I lose my voice almost every game and am as animated as any one. Problem is I live in WI otherwise I would have season tickets. I think it's more along the lines that a lot of old people go to enjoy football games more than be apart of them. Young people are just louder for the most part.... old people probably don't want to embarrass themselves or something like that. Why do you think college games are so loud.... all the students.
DO EET!

Flame on

Quote:

I never said you have to eccept anything that you feel is an attack. But I would think through your life experience you would already know that two wrongs don't make a right. But hey I guess some of us young bucks tend to learn that lesson earlier than some of you older folks. And I was in no way personally attacking you. Maybe you are a little to sensative to other people having different opinions than you and feel that anyone with a different opinion is attacking you. I would recommend not taking things so personally. This is just an internet forum.

Quote:

Hey that is great that you can still do that and fight through the pain for your team. And I never said you don't root for your team, but from your post you were putting out the impression that people that stood up and cheered for the team were in your way(this would give the impression that you are sitting down).

Quote:

Yes when I go to games I pretty much do scream and yell from kick off till the end of the game. And I am always respectful to those around me. But one thing you have to remember is that YOU must be respectful as well. And also YOU must take into consideration that these fans paid for their ticket as well and they want to root, scream and holler for their team to show support. And can you let me know who that guy is that buys you a beer, I would like to sit by that guy so he can buy me one too. $10000 for a beer is insane

Quote:

Actually I was referring to you having to throw in how tall you are and how much you weigh. As well as your military background as if that is supposed to mean something to us. It is great that you served in the military, but that had no importance in your post other than to make yourself seem like a bad ass.

Quote:

Share 49ersWebzone