There are 275 users in the forums

Ahmad Brooks

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Ahmad Brooks

Originally posted by chrisernst82:
does anyone remember the sack he made in college where he jumped over the line as soon as the ball was hiked and got the qb immidiatly before he even landed that was one of the sweetest sacks ever... i think it on youtube id post it but im on my phone

Patrick Willis has a sack just like that as well I think
I forget....Brooks has how many pre-season sacks?
Originally posted by BigMar:

I forgot......why is everyone so caught up on sacks?
Originally posted by backontop:

Cause they're good for a defensive player.....?

The same thing could be said for ANY of our defensive players.
I forget......how many sacks has ANYONE recorded this pre-season????? Lawson didn't even get credit for the freebie last week. Our pass rush sucks
Originally posted by AKfanster:

I forget......how many sacks has ANYONE recorded this pre-season????? Lawson didn't even get credit for the freebie last week. Our pass rush sucks

yea but sacks is a glory stat. I would rather get pressure every play and not a single sack. Pressure causes the QB to make mistakes. Sacks just loses some yards.

Uhmmm, lets see, because they CHANGE the course of a game?

uhmmmm so does just getting constant pressure. Like I stated before. Sacks are a glory stat. Pressure is where it's at. Increase the turnovers by forcing the QB to make mistakes because he is forced to rush through his progression.

uhmmmm so does just getting constant pressure. Like I stated before. Sacks are a glory stat. Pressure is where it's at. Increase the turnovers by forcing the QB to make mistakes because he is forced to rush through his progression.

Come on.... the SACK in football is like the Home Run in Baseball.

Sacks gets the defense and us fans "jacked Up" and in the most critical parts of a game can clearly change the whole momentum.

Come on ... You MUST recognize this if you know anything about football?

Sacks gets the defense and us fans "jacked Up" and in the most critical parts of a game can clearly change the whole momentum.

I thought the TD was like the homerun in baseball? Hmm I must be wrong I guess And an INT can change the momentum of a game a lot more than a little sack can. I would rather the defense force a fumble or get an INT than a sack any day. But I guess you know WAY more about football than I.

yea but sacks is a glory stat. I would rather get pressure every play and not a single sack. Pressure causes the QB to make mistakes. Sacks just loses some yards.

Uhhh...... I don't totally agree with that statement. Sacks CAN cause turnovers and they also add wear and tear on the QB. But I guess you don't have to get a sack to hit the Qb either.
Bottom line; pressure is good, really good if you can hit he QB as he throws or right after he throws. But sacks are better IMO.

I thought the TD was like the homerun in baseball? Hmm I must be wrong I guess And an INT can change the momentum of a game a lot more than a little sack can. I would rather the defense force a fumble or get an INT than a sack any day. But I guess you know WAY more about football than I.

Correct, clearly i do.

Correct, clearly i do.

Must be then since he says it.

Uhhh...... I don't totally agree with that statement. Sacks CAN cause turnovers and they also add wear and tear on the QB. But I guess you don't have to get a sack to hit the Qb either.
Bottom line; pressure is good, really good if you can hit he QB as he throws or right after he throws. But sacks are better IMO.

lets see, 1rst and 10 your defense gets a sack. ok bring on 2nd and 14. Now if it is 1rst and 10 and you pressure the QB you can force him to make a bad pass due to trying to elude the pass rush and get the ball out. Only he throws it right to your FS. Now the offense is back on the field the defense is fired up, the offense is fired up, the fans are fired up. I get your point sacks are way better
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
This thread might get locked for excessive use of the word sack.
I will reserve my opinion until Brooks put the pads on.... stay tuned!

I agree. He's looked great when we see him. Show me, don't tell me.
Share 49ersWebzone