There are 197 users in the forums

Ray Ratto hates the 49ers!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am sick and tired of seeing webzone post articles written by 49er-hater Ratto. I lived in the Bay area for seven years and I have NEVER read a Ratto article about the 49ers that was positive.

His latest piece of offal may be found here: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/06/07/SPO31828OI.DTL

Why does this site give such a crappy writer - not a journalist but rather a sour commentator - publicity and promotion by posting his worthless anti-49er commentaries?

In his latest piece of trash he ridicules Santa Clara residents in a feeble attempt to get them to oppose building a new stadium for the 49ers in their city. He seems to live to do whatever he can to hurt the 49ers.

I sincerely hope that Santa Clarans will see through this obvious attempt to manipulate them by a man whose credibility is in question. I hope they will vote up or down based on the merits of building the stadium, regardless of what unqualified "sportswriters" may suggest.

Am I alone or do others share my view of this excuse for a sportswriter?

[ Edited by longtime49erfan on Jun 7, 2009 at 14:57:27 ]
Ratto hasn't had many good things to say about this team, its owners, and most of its players but really should he have? Season after season of loosing forces that on the local media.

He's right, Santa Clara should cover their asses. Pro Sport teams have a long history of sticking it to City Municipalities. As fans we all want a new stadium, either in San Francisco or Santa Clara, but the City can't negotiate this deal from a fan's perspective.
I share your view as well. F&%k Ray Ratto, GO 49ers!
I think Ratto hates just about everyone and every team. He's a very bitter man.
He's a fat guy with a mustache. Who cares if he hates us? Everyone is laughing at the fat guy with a mustache.

• MertonsMerkin
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by goldenhacksaw:

Agreed. He's Jay Mariotti, with less mullet and more girth...
Ratto is just being realistic, what the hell have the Niners done in the last seven years other than suck ass!!

Let the ass sucking end and the ass kicking begian!!!!!

So get of the Rats back and take of the rose tinted glasses, we have not been picking in the top third of the drat every year because we are so freaking great!

There isn't a single player on this offense that could have started for Walsh in the eighties and Willis and Smith are the only defenders worthy of that era!
Why do you all still read Ratto's article? I stopped such a waste of time long ago.

[ Edited by yoshi on Jun 7, 2009 at 16:15:03 ]
That's a good column.
Originally posted by goldenhacksaw:

I've never heard him say a positive thing ever. I just don't read his stuff.

Ratto is and has been a confirmed Raitards fan for a very long time.

nothing he writes could surprise me other than a glowing review of the 9ers organization.

You have to take what he writes with a grain of salt and even then you'd be better served lining your canary's cage with his articles.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Ratto is just being realistic, what the hell have the Niners done in the last seven years other than suck ass!!

Let the ass sucking end and the ass kicking begian!!!!!

So get of the Rats back and take of the rose tinted glasses, we have not been picking in the top third of the drat every year because we are so freaking great!

There isn't a single player on this offense that could have started for Walsh in the eighties and Willis and Smith are the only defenders worthy of that era!

Really?

Don't you think that you are overstating this somewhat?

Gore couldn't start for Walsh?
I think that Walsh would have given his eyeteeth to have a talented player like Davis to mold into a solid TE.
You don't think that he could do something with Hill and Morgan?
I know what he would have done with a "so so player" like Battle. It would have opened up another scoring avenue for him that's for sure. That WR screen that Bill loved so much could have gone vertical, oh but wait it did when he had Rice, huh?

Not saying that Battle is anywhere near GOATs' league. But if I can count 5 guys that Walsh would have loved to coach(knowing what I do about the man) you can best be sure to double that.

I find it hysterical that people hate our team so much at this time that they overstate things more than they deserve to be. At least I know that you were never paid to be coach Walsh's mouthpiece.

~Ceadder
Ratto hates everything. It's schtick.
So the 49ers hate him back!!
Ray Ratto sucks. His articles are giberish. The Chronicle should eliminate him from at least the front page. He and Ralph Barbieri are from the same mold of constant negativity. That's primarily why I don't read his crap anymore.
Share 49ersWebzone