LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 355 users in the forums

Ray Ratto hates the 49ers!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ratto sucks, he just writes articles to get a rise out of people. The whole "just pay Crabtree" article robbed me of 2 minutes of my life. He is just mad the Raiders drafted DHB and now the 9ers wont do something equally as stupid and pay Crabtree top 3 money even though he was #10. Lets say we give in to a rookie with so many question marks and pay him the money, what happens if VD has a breakout year and then starts demanding more, same with Morgan or anyone else for that matter.

If our team gives in and pays retard money for anyone who demands it, we may end up signing Deangelo Hall for like $50m and then cut him...

His Crabtree argument is dumb, Crabs needs us more than we need Crabs, he'll sign soon enough.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
He's a fat guy with a mustache. Who cares if he hates us? Everyone is laughing at the fat guy with a mustache.

HAHAHA!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Thats Ratto's style, the dude is always negative.
Screw Ray Ratto, he's a b***h. He's always been negative towards the Niners since I first heard of him back in 1992. Good thing I didn't hear his s**t back in 94 when they won the Superbowl. I wonder what kind of bs he came up with that season. He's such a waste of Air Space when they have him as a guest on KNBR. I like Barbieri more than Ratto but Barbieri seems to b***h and whine about things that are irrelevant. He sounds like a broken record at times. Especially when he whines about Perog Merathe.
who cares he looks like a walrus
  • niners2007
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Ratto is just being realistic, what the hell have the Niners done in the last seven years other than suck ass!!

Let the ass sucking end and the ass kicking begian!!!!!

So get of the Rats back and take of the rose tinted glasses, we have not been picking in the top third of the drat every year because we are so freaking great!

There isn't a single player on this offense that could have started for Walsh in the eighties and Willis and Smith are the only defenders worthy of that era!

DANG....thanks. That was perfectly put. Couldn't have done it better myself. Okay,okay, I could have but I'm just saying. LOL.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Ray Ratto sucks. His articles are giberish. The Chronicle should eliminate him from at least the front page. He and Ralph Barbieri are from the same mold of constant negativity. That's primarily why I don't read his crap anymore.

I read that article, just seemed to be a rambling mess, not worth reading.
Like someone else mentioned ------ Is he still getting printed ??????
Quote:
I lived in the Bay area for seven years and I have NEVER read a Ratto article about the 49ers that was positive

I am pretty sure that is called realism
  • ninerhigh
  • Info N/A
Here is what I wrote to Ratto today on his Giveaway to Crabs column today:

Hello Ray Ratto,

Your Crabtree posture is a marginal one that you tried to make a mainstream Niner argument simply because you are gifted enough to do so. No! No! No!

The chances of Crabs not ever signing with this club is zero or very near zero so this issue is a one year or less matter; not at all long term. Unless one or two of the other star Niner receivers gets knocked out for this season, we would most likely have the same record with him as without him in 2009.

To give 7th choice guaranteed money to Crabs for the sake of possibly, possibly winning another game this year is an awful thin argument Ray.

Stick it to greedy Crabs...and Parker, Niners!

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Ratto is just being realistic, what the hell have the Niners done in the last seven years other than suck ass!!

Let the ass sucking end and the ass kicking begian!!!!!

So get of the Rats back and take of the rose tinted glasses, we have not been picking in the top third of the drat every year because we are so freaking great!

There isn't a single player on this offense that could have started for Walsh in the eighties and Willis and Smith are the only defenders worthy of that era!

Really?

Don't you think that you are overstating this somewhat?

Gore couldn't start for Walsh?
I think that Walsh would have given his eyeteeth to have a talented player like Davis to mold into a solid TE.
You don't think that he could do something with Hill and Morgan?
I know what he would have done with a "so so player" like Battle. It would have opened up another scoring avenue for him that's for sure. That WR screen that Bill loved so much could have gone vertical, oh but wait it did when he had Rice, huh?

Not saying that Battle is anywhere near GOATs' league. But if I can count 5 guys that Walsh would have loved to coach(knowing what I do about the man) you can best be sure to double that.

I find it hysterical that people hate our team so much at this time that they overstate things more than they deserve to be. At least I know that you were never paid to be coach Walsh's mouthpiece.

~Ceadder

You sir,are correct.Anyone that thinks that Gore isn't the best back the Niners have ever had needs to give me some of what they are smoking.
  • the_woad
  • Info N/A
Is anything from the SF Chronicle worth reading? It's all "holier than thou" crap.
Ray Ratto, hates life and Bay Area sports. He is the most neggative S.O.B. I've ever read. I had to go and buy a widescreen TV so I can see his whole fat a$$ when he's om TV.
Originally posted by the_woad:
Is anything from the SF Chronicle worth reading? It's all "holier than thou" crap.

I quit reading the Chron years ago. It started going down hill when they changed the Sporting Green.
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by the_woad:

I quit reading the Chron years ago. It started going down hill when they changed the Sporting Green.

Crumpacker's ok. But he's more of a "play by play" columnist. Pretty much anyone else who writes for the Chron (mainly Ratto) constantly have negative opinions and they can suck it.
Share 49ersWebzone