LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
This is what I would have liked.

You'll have to excuse the field that is on it.

Would have been something like a modern Roman Colosseum. All it needs is Giant 9er God Statues.

~Ceadder

Good lord! How many people does that thing seat? Where is it?
Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by GeoffJames:
[/code]

Congratulations on Post #1.

Me thinks that the first thing he needs to learn is how to edit.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by joesfumanchu:

Would have been something like a modern Roman Colosseum. All it needs is Giant 9er God Statues.

~Ceadder

I think that it is in Poland, can't be too sure though. But if you look closely at the road going by it how everything is set up it looks like it's Eastern Bloc European.

All I know is that it is round and looks sweet. Don't even know how many it seats but it looks like it's alot.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

I think that it is in Poland, can't be too sure though. But if you look closely at the road going by it how everything is set up it looks like it's Eastern Bloc European.

All I know is that it is round and looks sweet. Don't even know how many it seats but it looks like it's alot.

~Ceadder

You're kidding though, right? You don't honestly think this would be a better alternative - please tell me you're kidding.
My question is are we doing Field Turf or Natural Grass.

My hope is that it will be natural grass, but if the Raiders play there too it will have to be field turf.
  • ninernation420
  • Info N/A
almost anything is better than candlestick. Go NINERS make it happen
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

My hope is that it will be natural grass, but if the Raiders play there too it will have to be field turf.

Wait...what?!

Wait...what?!

You didn't hear?

Wait...what?!

You didn't hear?

No, I see anything that says "Raiders" in it I just skip it cuz I can give a crap.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

You're kidding though, right? You don't honestly think this would be a better alternative - please tell me you're kidding.

I'm not kidding. The one that I posted is a much better design. The one they have slated? Can we have anything more obtuse than that? Honestly?

I mean come on it's put on a big rectangle piece of land and yet the main access is at the side with 4 stairways going up to the SAME place. And everyone goes in in the same area no matter of whether they are box or nosebleed section.

Can we say logjam at the front?

I seriously hope they have some serious changes for it otherwise...

Oh yeah did I mention that there is some cover from the weather in mine too? Contradictory to what some have heard the sun does not ALWAYS shine in California.

~Ceadderman

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jun 4, 2009 at 16:00:34 ]

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

I'm not kidding. The one that I posted is a much better design. The one they have slated? Can we have anything more obtuse than that? Honestly?

I mean come on it's put on a big rectangle piece of land and yet the main access is at the side with 4 stairways going up to the SAME place. And everyone goes in in the same area no matter of whether they are box or nosebleed section.

Can we say logjam at the front?

I seriously hope they have some serious changes for it otherwise...

Oh yeah did I mention that there is some cover from the weather in mine too? Contradictory to what some have heard the sun does not ALWAYS shine in California.

~Ceadderman

Ok. First of all, the stadium you're in love with is called the Melbourne Cricket Grounds. It's in Austrailia, not Poland. LOL. Second of all it's not designed for football. If you put a football field in there it would look like this:

It also holds 100,000 people. If you don't want games to be televised, it's perfect. If you want fans who are attending games to be forced to use highpowered telescopes to see the action, it's perfect.

I won't even address the points you made about the design of the new stadium because they've been addressed and discussed already in this thread. I do, however, suggest you actually do a little independent research before you make any more claims about the design of our stadium, or any stadium for that matter.

lol Ok, now that...would suck!

yes, major suckage.

yes, major suckage.

i just laugh and laugh and laugh.. kind of like a low grumbling giggling effect
Originally posted by Shorteous:

yes, major suckage.

i just laugh and laugh and laugh.. kind of like a low grumbling giggling effect

People call for innovation in the new stadium design, then submit an example that dates back to Ancient History.

Unless you're playing dodgeball or staging bloody gladiator battles, circular stadium designs will always be inferior.

[ Edited by 09etihW on Jun 4, 2009 at 17:07:36 ]
Share 49ersWebzone