There are 314 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Happs:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
To clear it up found this...

NFL owners will vote next May between San Francisco and South Florida for the 50th Super Bowl in 2016. The loser of that race will then compete with Houston for hosting the 2017 game.

So odds are we get one of them. I think we have a good shot at 50 which would be a lot bigger. Miami might have the better weather although it was raining there for the last one. The 49ers will have a much better stadium though. As for atmosphere hard to beat Miami although San Jose is close to Santa Clara.

As I understand it, the 49ers bid focuses on the city of San Francisco as the host city rather than where the stadium is located. The events associated with the Superbowl will be held in San Francisco according to what I've read on it.

I think because it is the 50th Superbowl, Miami will get the game. They have more experience with Super Bowls and I don't see SF getting it because of that same reason. We should get the 51st, though.

I don't think so. I think the only reason Miami is on the list for 50 is to use it as a carrot to that city to get the stadium upgrades they want. They put 50 and 51 out there to get it done. If it doesn't then Niners get 50 and Houston gets 51. I think SC is almost the slam dunk here and then Miami will get 51 if they can get the upgrades.

Remember...this process for Miami hasn't even started yet. No approved plans. Niners don't have the stadium complete but they WILL because construction is underway.
And BTW...some artists rederings of an Added "ROOF" to Miami's stadium (I keep wanting to call in Joe Robbie, but its been renamed).

Now THAT'S ugly.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM ]
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
And BTW...some artists rederings of an Added "ROOF" to Miami's stadium (I keep wanting to call in Joe Robbie, but its been renamed).

Now THAT'S ugly.

looks like a square toilet
I thought that was already clear...

Well, the last time I posted it I believe there was no date given for the vote. Also, I didn't know the loser would fight Houston for SB 51. I thought it was SF vs Miami and SF vs Houston but that was dumb of me to think they could get 2 in a row. I wasn't thinking. I just wanted to put up a date though because I wondered after hearing it initially when the vote would be.
Originally posted by tn9er:

Now THAT'S ugly.

looks like a square toilet

Originally posted by fister30:
Our new stadium is hideous

Are you nuts?

This stadium has an open design that takes advantage of the landscape and the great weather. The design fits perfectly within the landscape, not some monstrosity. I've seen the stadiums in Arizona and Dallas in person and they look ridiculous...totally out of place. I can also tell you from seeing the site in person many times that it is on a small footprint which I believe will make this one of the loudest venues in the NFL. We will literally be right on top of the action.

Now THAT'S ugly.

that's awesome
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
A great article on the news feed....

http://www.mercurynews.com/southbayfootball/ci_21853794/new-san-francisco-49ers-stadium-going-up-fast
Originally posted by Janitor:
A great article on the news feed....

http://www.mercurynews.com/southbayfootball/ci_21853794/new-san-francisco-49ers-stadium-going-up-fast

Great article!!!

Pics from that Article (Bigger and easier to view this way. There are actually 33 of them but most are old...these are all from Oct 11th...

I just saw my seat !

it's mothaf**kin iron man!
Apple iWin Stadium coming soon August 2014
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

If apple was going to sponsor the stadium, theyd also buy the team and rename em the Apple iBoughtthisteamtoflauntourwealth.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

No...it would be the Apple iStadium.
Share 49ersWebzone