There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Originally posted by ninertico:
https://levisstadium.strmarketplace.com/Stadium-Builders-Licenses/Stadium-Builders-Licenses.aspx

Dayum!!!! The after market for tickets is ridiculous so it just seems fitting that so are the SBLs.

I should have bought more and sold them. If they go for double the price that's crazy. Glad i got mine so don't have to pay after market prices.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I like the idea of the chant. Not so much the 300 thing. Needs to be something more connected to 49ers or gold mining. "EUREKA!" or "GOLD IN THEM THERE HILLS!!!" or something.

Eureka would be awesome

Sounds so manufactured. Like a basketball "white out."

Still blows the stupid spartan chant out of the water.
Originally posted by buddarifik:
Originally posted by ninertico:
https://levisstadium.strmarketplace.com/Stadium-Builders-Licenses/Stadium-Builders-Licenses.aspx

Dayum!!!! The after market for tickets is ridiculous so it just seems fitting that so are the SBLs.

I should have bought more and sold them. If they go for double the price that's crazy. Glad i got mine so don't have to pay after market prices.

They won't sell for anywhere near that.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
I like the idea of the chant. Not so much the 300 thing. Needs to be something more connected to 49ers or gold mining. "EUREKA!" or "GOLD IN THEM THERE HILLS!!!" or something.

Eureka would be awesome

Sounds so manufactured. Like a basketball "white out."

yea almost like we're paying a college team to use their slogan or something
Even though not really Niner related, we should do the Richmond Flair WOOOOOOO. after a first down

Eureka would be awesome
From wikipedia : "Eureka" comes from the Ancient Greek word εὕρηκα heúrēka, meaning "I have found (it)" , which is the first person singular perfect indicative active of the verb heuriskō "I find".

Not bad, If we feel the need to chant in celebration of 1st downs at least this is more 49er centric and original in that Eureka is also on California state seal
Might as well commandeer the train whistle from Stanford, but say its a "gold mine time for chow" whistle (like they used to have in construction sites)....fits in with the blue collar mentality and the keeping a drive/dig going theme for first downs, as well as the foghorn sound for scores (which had BETTER be continued)
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Might as well commandeer the train whistle from Stanford, but say its a "gold mine time for chow" whistle (like they used to have in construction sites)....fits in with the blue collar mentality and the keeping a drive/dig going theme for first downs, as well as the foghorn sound for scores (which had BETTER be continued)

Or maybe a diesel engine/truck honk for running 1st downs and the higher-pitched train/chow time/steamboat whistle for passing 1st downs...

...either way the PA announcer can just play those sounds and not have to coach the crowd so much. People (if they want) can just do the "pulling down on the horn" motion or the old "first down" signal
Oh, and regarding the 300/spartan chant, it WAS stolen....Michigan St. football started doing that several yrs before the Niners did (so continuing to do that chant would kinda make us hypocrites when it comes to making fun of Seattle & their stolen nickname from A&M), plus it really doesn't make sense for a team named after gold miners (only thin connotation is the team's red and gold colors are spartan/roman)

this clip is on defense, by MSU prob do the chant on offense too...

Oh, and regarding the 300/spartan chant, it WAS stolen....Michigan St. football started doing that several yrs before the Niners did (so continuing to do that chant would kinda make us hypocrites when it comes to making fun of Seattle & their stolen nickname from A&M), plus it really doesn't make sense for a team named after gold miners (only thin connotation is the team's red and gold colors are spartan/roman)

It makes sense for their name obviously, but it doesn't make sense at the same time, for the fact that they are college athletes, and therefore football is not their profession.

I know you're just being you, but we don't market the 300 thing, nor do we define our very existance as Niner fans by this 300 thing. It's just some crap we yell at the games for first downs. So yeah, not really comparable. But yeah, I know you're just doing your DBW thing. lol
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys. So my buddy ran on the field at an earthquakes game. Had too much to drink, blah blah blah. So he gets arrested, spends the night in jail. Shows up for his court date and they're like "Santa Clara County has a new anti-terrorism law, and what you did is now considered an act of terrorism. $5,000 fine." Yeah, FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!

So please consider this before anybody gets a hair up their ass to be the dumbass that runs on the field at Levi's.

Act of Terrorism

Calling that an "Act of Terrorism" devalues the word. *sigh*
Originally posted by captveg:
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys. So my buddy ran on the field at an earthquakes game. Had too much to drink, blah blah blah. So he gets arrested, spends the night in jail. Shows up for his court date and they're like "Santa Clara County has a new anti-terrorism law, and what you did is now considered an act of terrorism. $5,000 fine." Yeah, FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!

So please consider this before anybody gets a hair up their ass to be the dumbass that runs on the field at Levi's.

Act of Terrorism

Calling that an "Act of Terrorism" devalues the word. *sigh*

The kapernick thread is an act of terrorism.

I don't walk around referring to myself as a 300. I don't see usernames all over forums including the # 300 somehow, either letters or number. It is only ever done for 1st downs and it is not something that is over exposed in advertising, by the media, and of course by the fans. Not at all the same thing, just an attempt to get our crowds more involved during games.