LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by xcfan:
hands down, the ugliest stadium exterior in the nfl...maybe in all of sports.

maybe we should have harvested some DNA from a D-1 heptathlete to get a better looking stadium using science
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by xcfan:
hands down, the ugliest stadium exterior in the nfl...maybe in all of sports.

It doesn't look that bad.

I don't think it's ugly, I do think it looks a bit "busy" in some parts. Lots of criss crossing bars, almost looks like exposed scaffolding . Just doesn't look as "clean" as the mock ups ...but it certainly is not ugly and I am sure there will still be some fine tuning.
I'm not into stadium "looks" as much as others. As a California resident, especially living in Sac, I know we are fortunate to have this recent rise in new stadiums. They are difficult as s**t to get done in this state and it ensures that our teams aren't leaving the area. Also, I'm holding final judgement until its totally completed. As of now, it looks different than I thought it would form the pics. But f**k it. At least it means they are staying in the Bay for good.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I'm not into stadium "looks" as much as others. As a California resident, especially living in Sac, I know we are fortunate to have this recent rise in new stadiums. They are difficult as s**t to get done in this state and it ensures that our teams aren't leaving the area. Also, I'm holding final judgement until its totally completed. As of now, it looks different than I thought it would form the pics. But f**k it. At least it means they are staying in the Bay for good.

Honestly, I think the peeps who complain about what it looks like are completely missing the point.

It's designed as it is for a purpose. Its wide freakin' open to enjoy the climate of the area. It has exposed metal girders and glass that do what? Reflect NOISE. The bowl of the stadium is actually smaller than Candlestick and closer to the field, yet the footprint of the stadium is twice the size of Candlestick. That creates SOOOO much more space in the corridors and clubs.

It was never designed to look like a spaceship like the stadiums in Dallas and Phoenix. It won't look like the Jawa Sandcrawler from Star Wars like the stadium in Minn. It won't look like a giant sphincter like the new stadium in Atlanta. Ya know why? It won't look like that because its not in Dallas, Phoenix, Minn, or Atlanta. It doesn't need a roof. It doesn't need walls. It reflects the area in which it was built...open to the elements and the first of its kind from a technology perspective.

I love the design. I see peeps complain it looks like a college stadium. EXACTLY. THAT'S the feel they want. Peeps who say that think its an insult. It's not. Its about getting that college football atmosphere and still getting all of the luxuries current NFL stadiums provide plus several more that will set the standard.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on May 27, 2014 at 10:06 AM ]
I think it's absolutely f**king beautiful, I wish I could spend 8 games a year plus playoffs there. Some folks are just ingrates.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Honestly, I think the peeps who complain about what it looks like are completely missing the point.

It's designed as it is for a purpose. Its wide freakin' open to enjoy the climate of the area. It has exposed metal girders and glass that do what? Reflect NOISE. The bowl of the stadium is actually smaller than Candlestick and closer to the field, yet the footprint of the stadium is twice the size of Candlestick. That creates SOOOO much more space in the corridors and clubs.

It was never designed to look like a spaceship like the stadiums in Dallas and Phoenix. It won't look like the Jawa Sandcrawler from Star Wars like the stadium in Minn. It won't look like a giant sphincter like the new stadium in Atlanta. Ya know why? It won't look like that because its not in Dallas, Phoenix, Minn, or Atlanta. It doesn't need a roof. It doesn't need walls. It reflects the area in which it was built...open to the elements and the first of its kind from a technology perspective.

I love the design. I see peeps complain it looks like a college stadium. EXACTLY. THAT'S the feel they want. Peeps who say that think its an insult. It's not. Its about getting that college football atmosphere and still getting all of the luxuries current NFL stadiums provide plus several more that will set the standard.

Good points. I'm sure the interior of the stadium and the experience for fans will be second to none. That is WAY more important.

Bottom line, the main thing is our team is staying in the area. Its not easy to get a stadium made anywhere. Now try to make one in California. This makes it a lot more difficult. I think we have forgotten the point: Levi's Stadium ensures we are here. Long term.

Props to the front office and others involved for the Niners on getting this done. Also, the Warriors, Giants, Kings and even Earthquakes. All of these Nor Cal teams are getting new stadiums (in the case of the Giants they already have their new digs). This is an exciting time for Nor Cal sports. If we are complaining about how the exterior of a brand new billion dollar football stadium looks, I guess that is a good first world problem.
To the point of looking like a college stadium, the Pac-12 Championship Game will be played there. Why? Because it's the best stadium in the Bay Area! It has the best technology Silicon Valley has to offer and will also be the "greenest" stadium in the NFL. Its open-air design takes advantage of the great weather in Santa Clara. What's not to like?

The exposed metal beams I was referring to was in regards to the ones on the outside of the stadium...behind the screen and to the lower left of the screen. Is that what you were referring to? I just recall the mock ups making it look like they were more covered up. Either way I love the stadium, that was really the only issue, if you can even call it that, I had
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I think it's absolutely f**king beautiful, I wish I could spend 8 games a year plus playoffs there. Some folks are just ingrates.

+1 Great explanation Marvin49. Thanks for making sense of what I was thinking.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

The exposed metal beams I was referring to was in regards to the ones on the outside of the stadium...behind the screen and to the lower left of the screen. Is that what you were referring to? I just recall the mock ups making it look like they were more covered up. Either way I love the stadium, that was really the only issue, if you can even call it that, I had

I was speaking about exposed metal in general. Metal reverberates in a way that concrete does not.
I think once you attend a game you'll truly appreciate it. I think it has the feel of openness to it. its inviting, this is california, not texas or arizona where being outside is unbearable most of the time.

You cant please everyone

This.
the ugliest f**king stadium in the league
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

This.

Yep
Share 49ersWebzone