LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Though I agree with what your saying, he seems even slower to me. It feels like he's getting caught shortly after he gets past the line of scrimmage, even when he has open green in front of him. Maybe I'm wrong, but i dont think so.

Also, please get this man some longer cleats. He's always slipping.

He gets caught from behind because he is trying to protect the ball. In his first couple of years, he just ran as fast as he could without looking back. Now, since the Nolantary regime made him terrified of fumbling, he is constantly looking behind while running and grabbing the ball with two hands. It's impossible to run with speed like that.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Though I agree with what your saying, he seems even slower to me. It feels like he's getting caught shortly after he gets past the line of scrimmage, even when he has open green in front of him. Maybe I'm wrong, but i dont think so.

Also, please get this man some longer cleats. He's always slipping.

He gets caught from behind because he is trying to protect the ball. In his first couple of years, he just ran as fast as he could without looking back. Now, since the Nolantary regime made him terrified of fumbling, he is constantly looking behind while running and grabbing the ball with two hands. It's impossible to run with speed like that.

I noticed that in a few highlights I was watching a few days ago. In one clip, he actually dove on the ground when the defenders started to catch up with him...
I think Frank's got 2 good years left in him
Wow. It's unbelievable how down on Frank people get. When this team was in the can, he was the only bright spot.

Now that he had a quiet end to the season (undoubtedly from being banged up) everyone wants to say how he's washed up (see banter from first 2 weeks of 2011, before he rattled off 5 straight 100-yd games).

I've had enough of the negative talk!

Is Frank the same back that he was in 2006? No.
Is he still damn good and can be even better if effectively managed throughout the season? Absolutely.

With the threat of our revamped WRs and our new stable of talent at RB, Frank will have a very effective season.

He's going to be kept fresh and, ironically, he's hungrier than ever for this season because he doesn't want to be kept fresh and get carries taken away.

People say he doesn't have the speed but he never had much to begin with. It's his initial quickness/burst that makes him so talented and above all, it's his vision.

The man still has a few good years left in him and I'll support him every day until he gets the ring he deserves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEFGoI7Uro0

3:46 in.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

That was pretty incredible, but it also was the first game of the year. His legs got tired toward the end of the year.

7:23 is another nice example of his burst, the vision and the anticipation of what's going to unfold in front of him.

I started this thread a 3 years ago and he wasn't getting due respect on these boards then either.

I know Gore still has it. Wait and see.

The heart, work ethic and competitive nature (dude played on a broken hip for christ sake). Furthermore, he's been through the ringer with his injuries in college and been fighting uphill ever since.

And yet he's still the 49ers leading rusher, a 3-time Pro Bowler, and a guy that defenses/coaches still fear--a constant focal point of their game-planning.

He's gonna get back to work this year and be one of many weapons. Hopefully that adds up to a sixth trophy.
Frank is one of the best to put on the scarlet and gold. He's lost a step no doubt, but it happens to the best. He'll lose some carries this season but knowing Frank, he's going to make the best of them. Hope he walks away carrying the Lombardi.
I think Frank Gore retires if the 49ers win the Superbowl this year.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
his name is what use for all my passwords

• gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
I think Frank Gore retires if the 49ers win the Superbowl this year.

It'd be cool to see him go out on top like that but I think he's too much of a competitor to just walk away. He seems like the type who will keep on putting the pads on until he physically can't anymore.
[ Edited by gage on Jul 18, 2012 at 6:06 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

That was pretty incredible, but it also was the first game of the year. His legs got tired toward the end of the year.

He ran for 5.7 ypc in the playoffs
I truly believe Gore will have a great ALL-AROUND year. To many timesthe media, and fans get caught up in the rushing yard stat to determine how great a RB is. Gore has been a top teir db since he became a starter. Some can argue he could have started form day one.

Gore has put out dominant all around his entire career. I believe Gore will be a top 10 RB this year.

Here is to Frank "the inconvenient Truth" Gore!!!!!!!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
We talking 'bout Gire?
I noticed that in a few highlights I was watching a few days ago. In one clip, he actually dove on the ground when the defenders started to catch up with him...

What was the situation... Frank tends to do that late in the game when he doesn't want the defender to push him out of bound to stop the clock.
Share 49ersWebzone