LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Josh Morgan looks REALLY REALLY GOOD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I thought Morgan would have had a productive rookie year last year if he was on the field more and Martz involved him more in the offense

he was injured half the time
jay moore doing some things huh nice to hear that
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree. It's a wrap. This whole X,Y,Z s**t's gotta stop. Start em both!

I agree. There is no way Josh does not see the feild. Well see on Crabs once he is healthy.
Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree. It's a wrap. This whole X,Y,Z s**t's gotta stop. Start em both!

THIS.
I don't care who you want to call X or Z or whatever Morgan and Crabtree need to start for this team with Bruce as the #3 guy and let Hill and Jones battle it out for the left over playing time. Morgan is to good and to much of a deep threat to be on the bench and Crabtree has to much potential to waste even 1 game on the bench the others could be good (Hill/Jones) but with Bruce back they are going to have to wait 1 more year for a chance at signifigant playing time...isn't it odd being DEEP at WR?
just throwing out this reminder, 6th round pick Josh Morgan. Picking up starters in the 6th, that challenge the next years #10 pick means your GM is doing it right. Go Scott!
What I like hearing is Raye slapping the media in the face of convention by throwing them a curve ball in saying that he's is not just a "run-oriented" OC. Rather, he will vary from pass to run...a balance. My hope is that he does it at the appropriate time.

I believe that Singletary will have quite a bit of say into the game plan. If he wants Crabtree to have it or Gore or Davis, then Raye will do it and they both will collaborate on it. I can see Raye using Davis like Gonzales...it only seems reasonable give the history. I also see him trying to get his playmakers on the field at the same time both rushing and receiving. I believe that both Morgan and Crabtree will see the field together. I also see us using Davis to block for Crabtree at times down field.

What I love is that Raye will use the run or pass to start either. Gore and Coffee sound like a great one-two punch while bringing Sheets for the change up. Then a nice dose of Crabtree, Davis, Morgan, Bruce and Jones sounds great while good ol Hill uses the slot to his advantage.

Yes, our offense has gotten better over the offseason...don't even get me started on A. Brooks...
I'm quietly pumped about Bear Pascoe. Reports of him making athletic grabs and beating Reggie Smith to get open multiple times (though it doesn't sound good for Reggie Smith) are very very encouraging. Vernon better show up this year or next year we might have a more complete tight end on the roster. Not as fast, and maybe not a home run threat but an excellent blocker with sure hands who can be that safety valve our QBs have lacked over the past couple of years (not including the ubiquitous dump-off to Gore of course).
Pascoe catching serveral passes.

Look out VD
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

thats what im saying stop this nonsense of crabtree vs morgan stuff 49ers , they both should be on the field >

duh, get the playmakers on the field. Crabtree and morgan should be competing with bruce for time. Imagine, 3 wr set, bruce, Morgan, Crabtree.

• Nyner
I think we can concentrate on other areas now, we're looking pretty good at WR.

Get the best players on the field!
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
Doesn't matter who we have at Wrs, our QB is below average...
Originally posted by Dapro:

You beat that dead horse hard now, ya hear?

Originally posted by Dapro:

Only if Smith starts, but he won't.
Share 49ersWebzone