LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Josh Morgan looks REALLY REALLY GOOD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Dapro:
Doesn't matter who we have at Wrs, our QB is below average...

You beat that dead horse hard now, ya hear?

esco, don't kick the dead horse, don't kick the dead horse, just....don't!!!
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Only if Smith starts, but he won't.

I honestly don't care which one of them starts...i have faith in Raygeltary (like it? i just made it up. ) and who ever starts i believe can get the job done this season

GO NINERS!!!!
I'm not surprised...he's probably the most athletic receiver we have. He was an outright steal in last year's draft...so props to Mac for that. He understands Singletary will give the youngters a good shot at making an impact...so he's going to make the most of it.
Originally posted by AkNiners:
just throwing out this reminder, 6th round pick Josh Morgan. Picking up starters in the 6th, that challenge the next years #10 pick means your GM is doing it right. Go Scott!

Besides what people think, Scott's Drafts have not been that bad. This is past one of course I would have to say is his best. He helped build the Seahawks, so I was willing to give him a chance when he got here.
  • the_woad
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree. It's a wrap. This whole X,Y,Z s**t's gotta stop. Start em both!

I agree. Put the best players on the field. Boldin and Fitzgerald play the same style of game, what's the big deal having Morgan and Crabtree out there?
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'm not surprised...he's probably the most athletic receiver we have. He was an outright steal in last year's draft...so props to Mac for that. He understands Singletary will give the youngters a good shot at making an impact...so he's going to make the most of it.

No doubt he played very good as last year. Barring injuries he has to be on the field. Knowing Mike Singletary, he will make that happen. Anything that is going make the team better he will do. Thats why I love that he is our coach. If you can play, you see the field. I have a great feeling this year, the first time since Mooch was coach. The fact that I finally hear people around me actually giving my Niners respect feels good. Time to bring back the glory days.
I think Morgan and Bruce will be the starting WRs by week 1. Morgan obviously, because of his play last season and his improving play in minicamps. Bruce, because he's the veteran who will be the QBs safety net. There were times last year when JTO or Hill would be forced out of the pocket, and Bruce knew when to break off his route so the QB could get him the ball easily. Plus, I really think Morgan is actually the deep threat on this team. Those two deep catches, one on MNF against the Cards and the game winning TD against the Rams, sealed that decision from me.

I think Crabtree will be in the slot, which will be so great for him because a nickel CB won't be able to cover him one-on-one. Plus, he's coming off the foot injury and won't be able to practice until TC so he'll be a step behind everybody in learning the playbook. Crabtree will probably be starting or at least splitting time with Morgan and Bruce by midseason.

And even though Vernon get a lot of criticism, he still commands a lot of attention from defenses because his speed in the middle of the field.

Teams will regret stacking the box with 8-9 men to stop Gore.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers18:

Raygeltary (like it? i just made it up. )

No .

SINGRAY is much better
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
man i'm pumped

-9fA

Originally posted by AkNiners:
just throwing out this reminder, 6th round pick Josh Morgan. Picking up starters in the 6th, that challenge the next years #10 pick means your GM is doing it right. Go Scott!

Pffft . . . my first grade son could have made that pick . . . Morgan fell into McCloughan's lap . . . .

Originally posted by ads_2006:
can he stay healthy though?

I think you have to remember that the reason Morgan was hurt was due to a staph infection he got from the team facility last year. The fact that he got the infection, lost all the weight, and got hurt proves to me that he's tough and not injury prone. I don't suspect morgan will be an injury prone pro.
Originally posted by 49ers18:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Only if Smith starts, but he won't.

I honestly don't care which one of them starts...i have faith in Raygeltary (like it? i just made it up. ) and who ever starts i believe can get the job done this season

GO NINERS!!!!

I think SingleRaye sounds better.
I agree with the thinking to put our best wideouts on the field. The whole XYZ thing seems secondary. Especially when it comes to Crabtree. If he is as good as the advertising it should not matter where he plays. He should be the best at the X, Y, or Z.
Also I really like Morgan. For my money he is the best wideout on the team right now. Crabtree may well overtake him as he adjusts to being a pro but I think Morgan has the potential to be special. With any luck we will be seeing those two make plays for years to come.
Originally posted by 49erWill:

the cap'n makes it happen. morgan and crabs will be the top 2, should be on the field every snap once crabs gets used to playing against pros
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Share 49ersWebzone