LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: New Uni's Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I got my Premier Willis jersey
Originally posted by mayo63:
Does anyone want to start a petition to get the uni's currected?

1. Fix the stripes on the sleeves. Make it just 3 solid stripes.
2. Widen the stripes on the pants. In between what it is now and the old school.

If we get enough people complaining maybe we can get someone's attention.

Acutally old school are narrow stripes. Check out the unis in the sixties.

The wide ones are Throwback
Originally posted by JeuSF49:

2. Widen the stripes on the pants. In between what it is now and the old school.

Acutally old school are narrow stripes. Check out the unis in the sixties.

The wide ones are Throwback

They addressed the stipes when the uniforms were first released...the problem with the bigger stripes was that it actually gave less so it mas more difficult for the players to move. Thats the only reason the stipe is as thin as it is now.

With the stripes, put them where they were on last season's jersey, but keep the red and white.

As for the pant stripe, its not going to happen. The players wanted the thinner stripe, its staying.
the jerseys are nice exactly how they are, no more upgrades, this isnt fashion school people, who cares if the stripes are wide or thin

Are you guys gonna get pissed when they get tackled and have grass stains on them too
The white pants years were by far our worst unis imo.

But every year my overall thought of our unis is they look damn good and I usually count them as one of the best in the league, if not the best.

BUT,

this years UNI, every now and then they look pretty bad, usually at a first glance especially from far away. They do have a bit of an eyesore effect when not properly zoomed in.
[ Edited by danimal on Aug 27, 2009 at 11:31 AM ]
Aren't the pants supposed to match the helmet? It looks funny.
I like this years uni's. I am glad to see them kind of going old school. IMO the worst was the 2004 superbowl uni's. Man those were kinda too much lol.
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Shade of red looked great in the sunlight during 1st quarter of raider game. Like many, I'm hoping the dull, greenish gold in the pants is just for preseason and the shiny pants will be worn for the regular season.

I totally agree. I took my sunglasses off and admired them in the sun. I made a comment to my friend. They look bright, just like our future does. And then I said, the last ones were getting darker every year, like our future had in the past.

Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I like this years uni's. I am glad to see them kind of going old school. IMO the worst was the 2004 superbowl uni's. Man those were kinda too much lol.

Yeah, but Deon alway's looked extra sharp every week.

2004!?
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Shade of red looked great in the sunlight during 1st quarter of raider game. Like many, I'm hoping the dull, greenish gold in the pants is just for preseason and the shiny pants will be worn for the regular season.

I totally agree. I took my sunglasses off and admired them in the sun. I made a comment to my friend. They look bright, just like our future does. And then I said, the last ones were getting darker every year, like our future had in the past.

Originally posted by verb1der:

2004!?

1994 damn i had a typo dream moment

2004!?

hahaha, I was about to get mad at myself for now knowing!

2004!?

hahaha, I was about to get mad at myself for now knowing!

Share 49ersWebzone