There are 223 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Any 49er fans in San Diego??

Originally posted by JedYork:
Is Typhoon Saloon still the spot?


Still the spot!!! I was there for the draft party! Nothing but a sea of red!!! You can't miss it... niner flags are out front!!!!
Originally posted by ManBearPig:
Originally posted by JedYork:
Is Typhoon Saloon still the spot?


Still the spot!!! I was there for the draft party! Nothing but a sea of red!!! You can't miss it... niner flags are out front!!!!

I did not know about the Typhoon Saloon or may not have spent all this money on getting DiretTVe upgraded to HD, NFL package and a new 60" HD TV...damn alway more fun watching with a bunch of screaming fans.
Originally posted by Loil49er:
I did not know about the Typhoon Saloon or may not have spent all this money on getting DiretTVe upgraded to HD, NFL package and a new 60" HD TV...damn alway more fun watching with a bunch of screaming fans and hot chicks.

*fixed*
Typhoon Saloon is the spot

join the group page for info + team news

Official San Francisco 49er Fans of San Diego
Typhoon Saloon in Pacific Beach is the 49er bar in San Diego. It will be a sea of red when you walk in and you can't miss the Niner flags outside. Check on youtube "Typhoon Niners". It's going to be crazy this Sunday. At Typhoons you can purchase tickets to 49ers vs Chargers, that includes a party bus to the game. Hope to see you all there
Man I an SO GLAD i found out about this bar! I'll definitely be hittin' it up this season (I just got stationed here last month after 3 years of crappy AFN coverage of mainly east coast teams over in Japan!) Now I don;t feel so bad my new apartment doesn't allow satellite dishes and I couldn't get Sunday Ticket. this'll totally save me hella $$$

I love this place. Was there for theast Monday night game and I'll be there this Sunday. See you there niners brethren!
I've been to numerous bars in the east bay, south bay and in the city of SF itself.

This place is a zoo. Biggest Niner bar in CA hands down.






Yeah, I said it.
Originally posted by oreck16:
I've been to numerous bars in the east bay, south bay and in the city of SF itself.

This place is a zoo. Biggest Niner bar in CA hands down.






Yeah, I said it.

sort of reminds me of a saying in the bible (Jesus?) "a prophet is not without honor except in his own country". it just may be the 49ers get more love down in SD than in any other bar in the Bay ....i wouldn't say it's a case "familiarity breed 'contempt' (that seems too harsh a word!)" but it does seem in this case that its the vary lack of proximity and local coverage that makes the fans down here in SD more boisterous!
Originally posted by 49ERS_REFERENCE:
Originally posted by oreck16:
I've been to numerous bars in the east bay, south bay and in the city of SF itself.

This place is a zoo. Biggest Niner bar in CA hands down.






Yeah, I said it.

sort of reminds me of a saying in the bible (Jesus?) "a prophet is not without honor except in his own country". it just may be the 49ers get more love down in SD than in any other bar in the Bay ....i wouldn't say it's a case "familiarity breed 'contempt' (that seems too harsh a word!)" but it does seem in this case that its the vary lack of proximity and local coverage that makes the fans down here in SD more boisterous!
yes
Originally posted by 5Time:
Typhoon Saloon in Pacific Beach is the 49er bar in San Diego. It will be a sea of red when you walk in and you can't miss the Niner flags outside. Check on youtube "Typhoon Niners". It's going to be crazy this Sunday. At Typhoons you can purchase tickets to 49ers vs Chargers, that includes a party bus to the game. Hope to see you all there
Hi dave
Now widely known as the biggest Niner bar in CA


boom






http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=568595098939
Ladies and gents, I also live in San Diego (used to live a few blocks from Typhoon in PB). Great place...I'll see you guys there one of these w/e's for sure!