There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shawntae Spencer

Originally posted by scoobyduu24:
My question is, if he has been so good why hasn't he got a crack with the ones?

He is coming back from injury. Give him some time. But even now he is looking very good.

Our whole secondary was better with Spencer as the dime back last season before he got injured. After he got injured our secondary was not as good.
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:
My question is, if he has been so good why hasn't he got a crack with the ones?

probably because he hasn't had an interception...and lord knows it's all about interceptions. manusky probably wont play him because if he deosn't get interceptions, that will be 2 things his defense can't do...sacks, and picks...he'll get fired....shawntae can pick em though...he had 3 or 4 in his second year...
I don't think he's quite starter material. But with him playing dime, he's a decent CB.

Spencer is the defense's Battle.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I don't think he's quite starter material. But with him playing dime, he's a decent CB.

Spencer is the defense's Battle.

-9fA

It makes me proud that he faught back and didnt give up and earned the starting job.
I knew not to count him out.
I was as surprised as anybody that Spencer won the job, but its good to see he's still competing. I've always liked Spencer, but he did seem to level off after getting paid and then some injuries kicked in and I assumed he was just going to fade away.

Here's to a healthy and successful season, and a spectacular secondary!

Go Niners!

Originally posted by HessianDud:
I was as surprised as anybody that Spencer won the job, but its good to see he's still competing. I've always liked Spencer, but he did seem to level off after getting paid and then some injuries kicked in and I assumed he was just going to fade away.

Go Niners!

Uhmmmm.... "spectacular secondary" and "zero pass rush" do not compute, never have.
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Go Niners!

Uhmmmm.... "spectacular secondary" and "zero pass rush" do not compute, never have.

ahem...I'm saying "here's to us having a spectacular secondary", not "we have a spectacular secondary". It's a cheer, a wish, a blessing, a hope. Lighten up.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ezrider:
Spencer will be lucky to make the team. He makes too many mental mistakes to offset his good plays. Consistency is vital for a DB and he is not consistent.

I like how your statement contradicts the entire reason why Mike Singletary chose Shawntae Spencer as a starting cornerback.
Spencer isnt THAT bad but sure isnt anything special. Hes going to get roasted alot because 9ers still dont have a pass rush. Maybin looks pretty good now ...................................................
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
for those who keep saying he sucks or gets burnt.... can you give me a example(s) of him getting burned or sucking....

vs. Chicago, first series, 2007 preseason.

vs. New Orleans, 2007.

You're bringing preseason into this?

Figuring it was game 3 of the preseason and Spencer FELL DOWN trying to cover Bernard Berrian on the first series... yes I am bringing preseason into it.

Umm, that was Walt Harris ... on a double move by Berrian. Do you even watch the games? Do you even know what numbers belong to who?
Hahahahaha there's an interview up with Spencer at 49ers.com and all the profile pics they're showing during which are of him getting burned by people!

Ugghhh I'd rather take a gambler in Bly over an abysmal coverage guy who's afraid of injuring himself again.
I'm gonna say this again. I hope Boldin plays, we'll see what Spencer can do, then I will revisit this thread on Monday.
Originally posted by lamontb:
His play fell off once he got paid

EXACTLY!!! Once he got paid where has he been. on the back of every milk cartonn in the bay area!
book it. bly will star soon. he just needs to pick up the schemes. this is only because spencer knows the system.