There are 204 users in the forums

Shawntae Spencer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by theginz2004:
On which corner did Reggie Wayne get most of his catches?

Primarily Spencer, and that's a fair argument.

Although, Reggie Wayne can explode vs any CB in the league, and it took a trick play to fool Spencer for a TD.

didn't reggie have a career day against us?

I don't think it was a career high type of career day but rather something like a career X game with X stat
I don't care what Wayne's stats were. Spencer is still our best cover corner. We're talking about Manning and Wayne here.

Spencer>Clements
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Let him get beat for a TD, then all the whiners will come out.
Originally posted by Antix:

Thing is, Spencer did get beat for big TDs this week and last week (Daniels TD) but he bit so hard on the run fakes that most people couldn't have guessed that it was his responsibility to cover the guys who scored.

He has done a great job otherwise, but those were two huge plays considering how close our last two games were.

Although, Reggie Wayne can explode vs any CB in the league, and it took a trick play to fool Spencer for a TD.

ANY receiver can have a career day when your QB is Peyton Manning and he has over 45 pass attempts.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

ANY receiver can have a career day when your QB is Peyton Manning and he has over 45 pass attempts.

There you go.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I donot blame Spencer for leaving his man to help on run support, but Addai is not a big threat.
I think Spencer is probably one of the most underrated CBs in the NFL.
Originally posted by znk916:

Thing is, Spencer did get beat for big TDs this week and last week (Daniels TD) but he bit so hard on the run fakes that most people couldn't have guessed that it was his responsibility to cover the guys who scored.

He has done a great job otherwise, but those were two huge plays considering how close our last two games were.

It's kind of tough to get on him at least for the one in Indy-Reggie Wayne told Spencer they haven't run that play for 9 yrs.
  • Agiant49er
  • Info N/A
You can play great for every play but one and its that one play that can cost you the game. Way to fall asleep on that one play Spencer!

Originally posted by Super5:

It's kind of tough to get on him at least for the one in Indy-Reggie Wayne told Spencer they haven't run that play for 9 yrs.

What pisses me the f**k off is that they scored a touchdown doing a HB pass, while we haven't even tried a WR reverse for weeks. WTF is wrong with our playcalling? Mix it up you f**king old piece of s**t, I thought we were practicing flea flickers in training camp? Just do a f**king i-form, have gore run up the middle toss it back to alex and he can try going deep to morgan, davis or crabtree. One would be open, no doubt in my f**king mind.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Super5:

What pisses me the f**k off is that they scored a touchdown doing a HB pass, while we haven't even tried a WR reverse for weeks. WTF is wrong with our playcalling? Mix it up you f**king old piece of s**t, I thought we were practicing flea flickers in training camp? Just do a f**king i-form, have gore run up the middle toss it back to alex and he can try going deep to morgan, davis or crabtree. One would be open, no doubt in my f**king mind.

LOL, we tried a reverse, remember?

We did with Bruce in preaseason. Needless to say it went for about a 5 yard loss. Good one Raye.

-9fA
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Why was it only against us?

[ Edited by RonMexico on Nov 3, 2009 at 00:25:17 ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
OL, we tried a reverse, remember?

We did with Bruce in preaseason. Needless to say it went for about a 5 yard loss. Good one Raye.

-9fA

And that's the other problem. Why are we running WR bubble screens to bruce, or like you said, reverses to bruce when the dude is so f**king slow? He shouldn't even be on the field, we need speed out there and bruce has none. For a guy known for his catching ability, he looks like he doesn't even care anymore.
Originally posted by The_Distort:
I found it odd that he doesnt have a recent thread. Spencer has gone from being a webzone whipping boy, to the best corner on the team.

After his reoccuring injuries, I think almost all of us niner fans either said he was a backup at best, or that he needed to be cut altogether. I'm not sure what he's done to change, but the guy just looks much more confident out there this season. So this is just a big congratulations to him for making such a nice comeback, and becoming our new #1 corner.

Spencer was not even mentioned as comp for a starting position in TC
(buddy of mine during that time had said don't count out Spencer).

He not only became a surprise starter but also has been the best CB on the team this year.
A big up to Spencer!

Now lets see what T.Brown is all about

Lets go TB!!
Share 49ersWebzone