Originally posted by GolittaCamper:Originally posted by Trajik1:
Yeah Battle's a good as gone. I would even keep Ziegler over him.
And yes cut Simms, cut Keasey.
Yes definitely Keasy and Simms and sadly Battle. I like Battle he has worked his ass off on some pretty crappy teams, dude deserves better, but this pro football a serious business.
Battle if cut will play elsewhere, he is a fierce downfield blocker and is a consummate pro, he is a go to guy on third downs who seems to know where the sticks are, all that said I think we do have better talent on this roster so it is nothing personal it is all about the business of winning, I will miss Battle especially on 3rd downs!
Battle was only clutch on 3rd downs for one season. Why? Because of Antonio Bryant's presence. We need to stop acting like Battle was always big on 3rd downs because that simply is not true. Also, people need to stop acting like he has hands of glue because they read he didn't drop a pass in 06. So what? On most of the passes he caught he was open because of the double coverage and extra attention given to Antonio Bryant (after the first 2 games teams were afraid of him as a deep threat) so he had no business dropping any. Let's not forget the very next season Battle was competing with D-Drop for the most drops on the team.

