LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Our defense will be nasty in '09

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
LAWSON, STEP UP! Will the really Vernon Davis please stand up. i want to see some int's this season! Willis or Lawson even Justin forcing a fumble, Harlson needs to show he's just as good if not better then Lawson in coverage, Lawson needs to show he can get to the qb if, justin and Harlson are coming from the other side with a few Willis plays, 10 tackles a game 5 sacks 4 int's 9 forced fumbles, Nate got sick trimmed down looks rusty but finish with 6 recovers for td's off fumbles, manny will block some kicks they will be taking for 7 rossum going to the house special teams number 1 in the nfl. Defense top 3. Willis,Justin,Franklin,Balmer,Manny,Harlson,Nate,Goldson,Tarrel Brown, Dr Dre, Issac better learn to be a nose Balmer could be are Furture B.Y. maybe more sacks, I think are dline could be stout.

I like frank, and heitmann doing there job's i just want hitting people in the mouth, gore going to be a stud, alex finally finally becomes are future qb figure's it out and looks good like jeff garcia with a stronger arm. Because vd alex manny willis if they want a nice fat contract i think the niners will pay if we hit the playoffs....morgan fat year wants money making alex look good, crabtree goes second team and first. Yes, they end up looking good because alex loves to check down and throw a screen. Simply look for V.D. Alex Plays LIGHTS OUT 30 TD"S 11 INT'S can he keep doing this...

If Morgan has a Moss type year and crabtree pulls a rookie jerry rice but with 1000 i expect alex, morgan and crabtree starting.

This would all be great for sure. I wouldn't mind if crabs caught what rice hauled in tho 900 + yards, lol and they called em butter fingers ha. But a 1000 would be better. Wow the season this would make, would be kickass! Lawson alone coming together in the passrush would be a big improvement on its own! Alex, well that would be some sick s**t as well
[ Edited by frankie on Jul 3, 2009 at 12:59 AM ]
ahem, cough...

BUMP

Game 1 Victory!!! Defense Nasty So Far
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Yeah, If we get some consistent pass rush, more turnovers and improved FS play.

+1
Ahem.....cough cough

• Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Ahem.....cough cough

You have been waiting awhile for that one!
Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by cwat:
We all had such high hopes for our D in '08, and well it was a huge disappointment. Nolan's big nickel garbage, complicating the gameplan week after week, not giving Manusky full reign was a headache. Since Singletary took over, he simplified things, made us strictly a 3-4, and let Manusky handle the playcalling. We improved dramatically during Interim Sing...

the future looks bright with P.Willis, J.Smith and rising stars such as T.Brown & P.Haralson. Here's to a badass top 5 defense next year!

We're not the Ravens or the Bears and any attempt to become a replica of these franchises will be futile. The fans will not buy into that type of boring football for very long. Defense is only there to serve as a p**s break between offensive possessions. Singletary is just a continuation of the awful, backwards ass Midwestern-East coast mindset that was forced upon us by Nolan.

Tell that to pittsburg. That is exactly what they are, a defensive constructed team that plays a ball control/smash mouth/high percentage offensive football. May seem boring but I think it works IMO.

Stop it right now. We're not going to be the next Pittsburgh Sleelers. Just like we were never going to become the next New England Patriots or Philadelphia Eagles or Baltimore Ravens. We flip flop so much over what we want to be. We are Wanna Be's, we are posers. We do not have the organizational competency to be anything other than a lucky 7-9. Our ownership is terrible, our front office is a joke and our coaching staff will continue to be the butt of David Letterman jokes until the religious fanatic is finally relieved of his duties. This team will be 2-14.

You certainly know what you are talking about..
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by cwat:
We all had such high hopes for our D in '08, and well it was a huge disappointment. Nolan's big nickel garbage, complicating the gameplan week after week, not giving Manusky full reign was a headache. Since Singletary took over, he simplified things, made us strictly a 3-4, and let Manusky handle the playcalling. We improved dramatically during Interim Sing...

the future looks bright with P.Willis, J.Smith and rising stars such as T.Brown & P.Haralson. Here's to a badass top 5 defense next year!

We're not the Ravens or the Bears and any attempt to become a replica of these franchises will be futile. The fans will not buy into that type of boring football for very long. Defense is only there to serve as a p**s break between offensive possessions. Singletary is just a continuation of the awful, backwards ass Midwestern-East coast mindset that was forced upon us by Nolan.

Tell that to pittsburg. That is exactly what they are, a defensive constructed team that plays a ball control/smash mouth/high percentage offensive football. May seem boring but I think it works IMO.

Stop it right now. We're not going to be the next Pittsburgh Sleelers. Just like we were never going to become the next New England Patriots or Philadelphia Eagles or Baltimore Ravens. We flip flop so much over what we want to be. We are Wanna Be's, we are posers. We do not have the organizational competency to be anything other than a lucky 7-9. Our ownership is terrible, our front office is a joke and our coaching staff will continue to be the butt of David Letterman jokes until the religious fanatic is finally relieved of his duties. This team will be 2-14.

You certainly know what you are talking about..

haha, what happened to that guy, he disappeared
NASTY!

First and foremost I would like to say GO NINERS! Also I'd like to say hello to my fellow Niner Faithful. And as this being my first post, I sure hope it pleases.

Our defense certainly is nasty. Through four games:

We are 10th in overall pass defense.
We are 4th in overall rush defense.
We are 6th in sacks.
We are 6th in interceptions.
We are 2nd in points scored.
We are 2nd in points allowed.
We are 6th in total yards allowed.

What does that equal? A dominating defense that us Niner folk haven't seen in years, if ever. That my friends means our defense is just filthy. And that is just fine with me.

Originally posted by PhilGood:
First and foremost I would like to say GO NINERS! Also I'd like to say hello to my fellow Niner Faithful. And as this being my first post, I sure hope it pleases.

We are 6th in sacks.

What does that equal? A dominating defense that us Niner folk haven't seen in years, if ever. That my friends means our defense is just filthy. And that is just fine with me.

Great first post fellow webzoner!
Westcoast called it back in February.
Originally posted by PhilGood:

We are 6th in sacks.

Welcome!

Well you had that right!! There have been some very pleasant surprises. Who would have thought that Spencer would come back looking better than he ever did? Or Manny would play at this level. Ray Mac, Goldston, Lewis... I could go on but, you get my point.. This D is the best we have had in years!! All we need is a little more pash rush and then we are set.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Well you had that right!! There have been some very pleasant surprises. Who would have thought that Spencer would come back looking better than he ever did? Or Manny would play at this level. Ray Mac, Goldston, Lewis... I could go on but, you get my point.. This D is the best we have had in years!! All we need is a little more pash rush and then we are set.

This defense has Singletary written all over it. It appears to me that the players have an overwhelming respect for coach Singletary and do not want to let him down as well as themselves. The whole team is taking care of and trusting one another. That is how you build championships.
Share 49ersWebzone