LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Why hasn't Roman been cut yet?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Although Denver picked up a couple of starters for their defensive backfield in FA, I would not be surprised if Nolan tries to get Roman in Denver.

Bag of peanuts, pack of condoms, whatever--I've seen enough of him here. How about a 6th rounder in 2010? Anything.

I'd put him and Ulbrich in as "throw-ins" if we were to trade down with them....
just release his arse! waste of a roster spot. plus i don't think any other teams are willing to give up anything for him. Not even a 6th or 7th round pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Although Denver picked up a couple of starters for their defensive backfield in FA, I would not be surprised if Nolan tries to get Roman in Denver.

Bag of peanuts, pack of condoms, whatever--I've seen enough of him here. How about a 6th rounder in 2010? Anything.

Mark Roman and pick #184 for Josh Barrett!!!
No, he'll most likely be depth this season barring injury.
26 sucks if he sticks on the roster then theyll have the most experienced savvy turd of a backup in the league who probably wont be to happy to play on ST
  • p-dub52
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Allx9er:
26 sucks if he sticks on the roster then theyll have the most experienced savvy turd of a backup in the league who probably wont be to happy to play on ST

and i seem to remember a certain coach not wanting anyone who wasn't "sold out to be a part of this team"
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by Jax49er:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by Jax49er:
im going to laugh at all of you when roman starts again this season

Why would you laugh? If Roman starts for us, we're guaranteed another year of horrible FS play, ZERO interceptions and ZERO forced fumbles from that position.

If you're a 49er fan, I don't get how that's funny.

It just pisses me off that everyone is ready to toss him overboard without even having another safety to replace him.

I mean this with all sincerity and no disrespect to you or to Roman....but I don't think we could do much worse if I started at FS. That's how bad this guy is.

Ok, kidding aside, it's not going to take much to replace him since he hasn't been able to make any plays for us the last few years. He hasn't picked off a pass since 2006, and I don't even remember the last time he forced a fumble. Dude, it's Roman's time to step aside and let someone....ANYONE, take his place.

exactly
Hope So.
  • r28884
  • Info N/A
I hope he stays at least 1 more year, someone has to help Goldson. He has the ability but he is still young and needs some expeirence. Plus we dont need two young guys at that position, isnt Reggie a FS now also?
[ Edited by r28884 on Apr 21, 2009 at 4:38 AM ]
Originally posted by King49er:
If he wants to stay and be a back up,then why not,but I don't really want to see him on the field during regular season games....

What if he stays as a back-up at the cost of a roster spot that makes us cut someone who may be developed? In other words, if Goldson is the starter but we see enough flashes out of Jimmy Williams to show he could develop into a solid back-up or more, then I'd rather keep him around (or anyone else in that situation) than Roman.

We know what we have in Roman. I was screaming that he sucked when we signed him, and he has done nothing to show me ANY different. He is an average at best tackler, and a huge liability in pass defense. He hurts the team while on the field, so why keep him around at all? So what if he knows the system? So he knows where he "should" be and what he "should" do, but doesn't have the ability to execute it and BE in that position?

Roman was foolish for requesting a trade any damn way. What, did he think there was actually a market for his skill set? He requested a trade because he didn't want to be a back up here, but he damn sure ain't gonna start on another team.
[ Edited by P-52ENFORCER on Apr 21, 2009 at 6:31 AM ]
I understand everyone wanting him out, i really do. BUT we already know hes not going to start, so whats the harm of keeping him as a backup, hes only making 900,000$$$ and we really have nothing behind Goldson. As of right now he is the back-up FS. If we draft a safety THEN I would think about cutting him. Sorry guys but we really have no other alterative right now.
  • SS2K8
  • Veteran
Roman holds about as much trade value in the NFL as a used paper bag floating around in the wind in the parking lot of the stick after a blowout loss on a rainy day
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The answer lies here:

Quote:
--No team has called to ask about a trade for Mark Roman, who is on the trade block. If the 49ers are unable to deal Roman, he will remain with the team and compete for a job in training camp, McCloughan said.

I don't blame them!!!!
traded for what? a chin strap?
Share 49ersWebzone