There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

The Chiefs are a mess. They'll be drafting in the top-10 next year again.
Originally posted by strickac:
The Chiefs are a mess. They'll be drafting in the top-10 next year again.


Huh? I kinda thought they looked like us in 2010. All the talent is there (maybe not as much as we have)...just no coaching.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by strickac:
The Chiefs are a mess. They'll be drafting in the top-10 next year again.


Huh? I kinda thought they looked like us in 2010. All the talent is there (maybe not as much as we have)...just no coaching.

even with no coaching..we were able to win 6-8 games
Dwayne Bowe expects to lead the NFL in receptions and receiving touchdowns this season. Bowe also predicts teammate Jamaal Charles will lead the league in rushing. "When we get in full gear and pads and close to the season, it's going to be a show to watch," Bowe said. Bowe is clearly energized by the Chiefs' attempt to sport a living, breathing offense in 2013

rotoworld
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Dwayne Bowe expects to lead the NFL in receptions and receiving touchdowns this season. Bowe also predicts teammate Jamaal Charles will lead the league in rushing. "When we get in full gear and pads and close to the season, it's going to be a show to watch," Bowe said. Bowe is clearly energized by the Chiefs' attempt to sport a living, breathing offense in 2013

rotoworld

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Dwayne Bowe expects to lead the NFL in receptions and receiving touchdowns this season. Bowe also predicts teammate Jamaal Charles will lead the league in rushing. "When we get in full gear and pads and close to the season, it's going to be a show to watch," Bowe said. Bowe is clearly energized by the Chiefs' attempt to sport a living, breathing offense in 2013

rotoworld


He dont even know whats in store for him. Alex = RIP WRs stats
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Dwayne Bowe expects to lead the NFL in receptions and receiving touchdowns this season. Bowe also predicts teammate Jamaal Charles will lead the league in rushing. "When we get in full gear and pads and close to the season, it's going to be a show to watch," Bowe said. Bowe is clearly energized by the Chiefs' attempt to sport a living, breathing offense in 2013

rotoworld

http://chiefconcerns.com/2013-kansas-city-chiefs-otas-1-video/

some practice VID for KC....
Originally posted by susweel:
He dont even know whats in store for him. Alex = RIP WRs stats

lol He better learn how to play TE.
Couple comments from a lifelong Niners fan who's watched every game Smith's played: (1) Smith IS NOT cool and collected in the pocket. He simply throws the ball away the second he senses pressure coming, instead of moving in the pocket to extend the play; (2) Alex goes through the progressions BUT that's usually because he cannot reach his deeper targets and needs to look for the check down. Look, Smith can be a great QB, and will certainly be better than Cassell/Quinn, but the ENTIRE system must be designed around his limitations. The system must be based on the run game, with a passes coming off the play action and only targeting the short to short/intermediate range. The defense also must be SUFFICATING because Smith's lack of ability to go deep will result in many three and outs. If the defense can't make stop after stop and get the ball back to the offense there's no way an offense with Smith at the helm can put big points up to match the other team. The Niners never would've made it to the playoffs with even a good defense; the defense had to be great to win.

  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,155
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Couple comments from a lifelong Niners fan who's watched every game Smith's played: (1) Smith IS NOT cool and collected in the pocket. He simply throws the ball away the second he senses pressure coming, instead of moving in the pocket to extend the play; (2) Alex goes through the progressions BUT that's usually because he cannot reach his deeper targets and needs to look for the check down. Look, Smith can be a great QB, and will certainly be better than Cassell/Quinn, but the ENTIRE system must be designed around his limitations. The system must be based on the run game, with a passes coming off the play action and only targeting the short to short/intermediate range. The defense also must be SUFFICATING because Smith's lack of ability to go deep will result in many three and outs. If the defense can't make stop after stop and get the ball back to the offense there's no way an offense with Smith at the helm can put big points up to match the other team. The Niners never would've made it to the playoffs with even a good defense; the defense had to be great to win.


There are a lot of "lifelong Niner fans" who never watch anything but the ball.
This all seems very familiar...yet...displaced somehow! It's as if I have seen many of these comments over and over, but I just can't put my finger on...hmmm...yes, now I seem to recall...no, that was the Warriors...oh well!
I see the knee is bent in the video

Hope the dude has better luck with the Chiefs with injuries then we've been having with the Niners. Totally depress with the Crabtree injury right now.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM ]
"These (coaches) came from systems where they attacked. Nothing against our old system but there wasn't attacking. We're looking forward to this defense because (it allows the Chiefs) to attack, shoot gaps and push guys back and make plays."

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/22/4250537/tamba-hali-expects-he-and-justin.html

I love this! and it will only help Alex and the offense. Right away in the preseason games, we'll get a real sense of how well the KC offense has learned to counter the attacking styles of D. Going up against the Saints and 49ers defense will be a strong test (remember, the Saints now have Rob Ryan and he will be looking to test out his attacking style with the new team). The Chiefs better be on their A game for the pass block adjustments and receiver hot routes.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
"These (coaches) came from systems where they attacked. Nothing against our old system but there wasn't attacking. We're looking forward to this defense because (it allows the Chiefs) to attack, shoot gaps and push guys back and make plays."

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/22/4250537/tamba-hali-expects-he-and-justin.html

I love this! and it will only help Alex and the offense. Right away in the preseason games, we'll get a real sense of how well the KC offense has learned to counter the attacking styles of D. Going up against the Saints and 49ers defense will be a strong test (remember, the Saints now have Rob Ryan and he will be looking to test out his attacking style with the new team). The Chiefs better be on their A game for the pass block adjustments and receiver hot routes.

I remember the Chiefs' defense was one of the first team that gave a blue print for beating the high power offense of the Packers in 2011. So they aren't lacking in talent on D. Last season's record wasn't indicative of the talents they have on the field.