LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 199 users in the forums

Carson Palmer targeting 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258987/report-carson-palmer-targeting-49ers--and--cards

USA Today's Mike Garafolo reports Carson Palmer has placed the 49ers and Cardinals "atop the list" of his preferred suitors once he's cut.

Garafolo also confirms Palmer "will continue to resist overtures" from the Raiders, who still want to renegotiate his contract. Palmer has "no desire to return to Oakland," where he's gone 8-16 as a starter the past two seasons. He'll resist "even a minimal pay cut," preferring his outright release. Palmer, obviously, would be Colin Kaepernick's backup in San Francisco. If Palmer wants to be a starter in 2013, he'll sign with the Arizona Cardinals.
i wouldn't mind if its a cheap contract. i think he still has some gas in the tank and a veteran backup at QB is a good thing. remember, as bad as he was with the raiders (he wasn't god awful), it's the raiders. i'm convinced there are only 3 or 4 QB's in the entire league that you could put on the raiders and they would actually make a difference
LOL
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 15m
With the Raiders on verge of a trade for Matt Flynn, the Cardinals are nearing a deal for former Raiders starter Carson Palmer.
wut
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
With the Raiders on verge of a trade for Matt Flynn, the Cardinals are nearing a deal for former Raiders starter Carson Palmer.

Wouldnt this be tampering since he is under contract with the Raiders?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by j3xperience:

YES!!!! LOL
Originally posted by j3xperience:

If they're talking trade, i don't think it's tampering.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Mar 29, 2013 at 5:51 PM ]

fixed that

Originally posted by dhp318:

fixed that

thanks, i derp'd on that one
He would be a starter with Cardinals I see that more of a realistic chance
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
He would be a starter with Cardinals I see that more of a realistic chance

why would he come here over the cards lol? he would get paid more from the cards to be the starter.
Schefter's report runs in direct contracts to previous ones by Scout.com's Aaron Wilson and CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora. While Palmer remains on the fast track out of Oakland, it appears he'd be more willing to target a backup job than become a starter, since Arizona is the only team to whom he's been linked that needs a first-string quarterback. Palmer is 33 years old. It's possible he wants to finish out his NFL career as a clipboard toter.
I'll take him for the vet minimum as a backup, if he wants to start, I'll give him the Michael Jordan .gif
Share 49ersWebzone