There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cardinals | Kevin Kolb on the way out soon

bring him in and also Skelton but only if it's both, package deal.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I'll say it...sign him. Imagine Kolb vs. Tolzien vs. Rookie QB. Let the back up QB competition begin!

lol worst idea ever

please tell me that was a joke.
[ Edited by NinerGold39 on Mar 16, 2013 at 7:26 AM ]
Originally posted by ninermedic:
bring him in and also Skelton but only if it's both, package deal.

4 QB rotation no problem
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I'll say it...sign him. Imagine Kolb vs. Tolzien vs. Rookie QB. Let the back up QB competition begin!


what in the f**k?
Bet he ends up with the Jets....has he been cut yet?
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I'll say it...sign him. Imagine Kolb vs. Tolzien vs. Rookie QB. Let the back up QB competition begin!

lol worst idea ever

please tell me that was a joke.

Am I joking? I would say, but at all the responses so far.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I'll say it...sign him. Imagine Kolb vs. Tolzien vs. Rookie QB. Let the back up QB competition begin!

lol worst idea ever

please tell me that was a joke.

Am I joking? I would say, but at all the responses so far.

Funny how things change in a couple of years. Go back 2 years and everyone was on Kolb's nuts.
The Cardinals are just making dumb moves. Kolb's not great, but for crying out loud, they were winning with him last year. It's only when Kolb went down where they started to lose, really. Technically, he went 4-2 last year, but the 2nd loss was the game he went out due to injury from, and the first loss was the week before that to the Rams who, let's face it, none of us (Seahawks/49ers/Cardinals) looked good against last year.

Kolb was definitely earning too much money, but he was by far their best option. (Not that he was a great one, by any means; but mediocre is far better than total crap.)
So which is better, expensive mediocre or cheap total crap?
Originally posted by English:
So which is better, expensive mediocre or cheap total crap?

Whatever results in more wins. In this case, mediocre Korn-on-the-Kolb.
Kolb to the Raiders.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Kolb to the Raiders.

Nah, they want to create their version of our offense.
Originally posted by RolandDeschain:
The Cardinals are just making dumb moves. Kolb's not great, but for crying out loud, they were winning with him last year. It's only when Kolb went down where they started to lose, really. Technically, he went 4-2 last year, but the 2nd loss was the game he went out due to injury from, and the first loss was the week before that to the Rams who, let's face it, none of us (Seahawks/49ers/Cardinals) looked good against last year.

Kolb was definitely earning too much money, but he was by far their best option. (Not that he was a great one, by any means; but mediocre is far better than total crap.)

I agree, he's really not as bad as people say he is. Look at his numbers last year with the worst line and run game in the league and tell me he's poor. Anyone who says he played poorly last year is an outright liar.
Originally posted by RolandDeschain:
The Cardinals are just making dumb moves. Kolb's not great, but for crying out loud, they were winning with him last year. It's only when Kolb went down where they started to lose, really. Technically, he went 4-2 last year, but the 2nd loss was the game he went out due to injury from, and the first loss was the week before that to the Rams who, let's face it, none of us (Seahawks/49ers/Cardinals) looked good against last year.

Kolb was definitely earning too much money, but he was by far their best option. (Not that he was a great one, by any means; but mediocre is far better than total crap.)

Kolb is too expensive, and the Cardinals are in rebuilding mode. I think they will scrape by this year with Stanton and a QB draft pick.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
I agree, he's really not as bad as people say he is. Look at his numbers last year with the worst line and run game in the league and tell me he's poor. Anyone who says he played poorly last year is an outright liar.

Kolb is fragile (he only played in 15 games over the last two seasons - that's less than half of the number of games), and therefore too expensive for his price. There was no point for the Cardinals to suffer a $13.5 million cap hit in 2013. Cutting him saved them $7.5 million.
...