There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Raiders release WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, DB Huff and DE David Tollefson;

I'm on the fence of DHB
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"Camp Fodder"
I might give Huff a look. He's like the complete opposite of Goldson though. Very solid in coverage, not a great tackler or playmaker.

DHB? I'll pass. I'd much rather give the PT to Jenkins, Williams and Manningham (if he can recover)
Huff is consistent. We need help with coverage. I am sure we will feel him out and see if the price is right.

DHB would be ok, but I wouldn't want to give him much money at all. He could be used for some downfield plays.
kyle williams > DHB
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
I'd take Huff @ FS @ the right price......

I'd probably take him over woodson
Dhb . I thought he was showing slow signs of developing over the last few years. At least give him a chance for training camp. But in reality I think I'd take Kyle Williams
Me
[ Edited by matthewabbit on Mar 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM ]
I'd take Huff over Dahl for sure
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for DelCed2486.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I might give Huff a look. He's like the complete opposite of Goldson though. Very solid in coverage, not a great tackler or playmaker.

DHB? I'll pass. I'd much rather give the PT to Jenkins, Williams and Manningham (if he can recover)

Absolutely give Huff a look. I'll issue the disclaimer that I know PFF isn't the final word on who's "great" or not, but with the metrics they use to rate players, Huff graded out as their #2 safety in 2010...he was also voted All-Pro. Then in 2011, because of injuries in Raiders secondary he was forced to play corner and cover the slot. He did it well. In 2012, injuries again forced a move to corner, this time to left corner. Rough first 2 games vs. Roethlisberger and P. Manning, but then he got himself straight and ended up having a solid season, including a great game vs. Falcons/Ryan.

You're 100% correct he doesn't bring the wood like Goldson, but with how the NFL is evolving, I think a ballhawking FS who is versatile and with good coverage skills is more valuable than the guy who makes NFLN/ESPN highlights with a couple big hits. Plus Huff is only 30...would much rather pay him a lot less than Reed or Woodson with the potential that if he plays well he's not just a 1 or 2 year rental.
Originally posted by NTeply49:
I'd take Huff over Dahl for sure

So would I, but unless Dahl transforms and just blows HarFan away during camp, I don't think he was brought here with any thought of him being a starting S...he's here for ST and S depth.
Id go after Huff n Bey. The speed and size they have plus potential is something we should go for imo.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Lol, this was funny!

+1
Why we haven't taken a look at all 3 is beyond me, esp. Huff. Huff and Toelefson would help us a lot, DHB I can see since we got Bolden, we might not give a thought, but he's still better than some of the guys have now.
i can see Kaeps passes bouncing off Beys hands now......