There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do You Want Delanie Walker Back?

Do You Want Delanie Walker Back?

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's more valuable to this team than a lot of people realize.

-Said circa 2011 about Manny Lawson and Nate Clements.

I think Walker could leave and the 49ers would replace him with a better overall TE and the offense wouldn't skip a beat. Moreso it would be more effective and much more dangerous in the red-zone having another guy who can catch the ball better than 60% of the time.

But people will keep talking about how he's "the jack of all trades" and how this team would be undefeated with him.....etc...etc.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM ]
Yes very much so and will allow us to draft other players not at the TE spot
[ Edited by Magzarillious on Mar 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM ]
Well how much you think he wants?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's more valuable to this team than a lot of people realize.

-Said circa 2011 about Manny Lawson and Nate Clements.

I think Walker could leave and the 49ers would replace him with a better overall TE and the offense wouldn't skip a beat. Moreso it would be more effective and much more dangerous in the red-zone having another guy who can catch the ball better than 60% of the time.

But people will keep talking about how he's "the jack of all trades" and how this team would be undefeated with him.....etc...etc.
do not forget, if he leaves, they will say,he will give away all of our secrets jamie winborn, arnez battle, manny lawson, otis arney, cody pickett, korey sheets, thomas clayton, walker, the names will change but they are all the same people. over rated by the webzone
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Yes very much so and will allow us to draft other players and save $$

in my opinion we can get a fourth round draft choice who can both block and catch. as we found out with ginn, a one trick pony will only take you to a few towns
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Well how much you think he wants?

A:More than he's worth?
He is somewhat over rated IMHO... Good not great. Hands suspect! I am campaigning for Ertz or Eifert!!!
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
He is somewhat over rated IMHO... Good not great. Hands suspect! I am campaigning for Ertz or Eifert!!!

Both will be gone before we need to think about picking up a back up TE..Jordan Reed will be a much better option in the 3rd, allowing us to grab three positions of need before him
hopefully he signs elsewhere and we draft a big 6'5+ TE with hands like Brent Jones. dwalker is probably the most overrated player on this forum.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
hopefully he signs elsewhere and we draft a big 6'5+ TE with hands like Brent Jones. dwalker is probably the most overrated player on this forum.

next to alex he is the most polarizing! but of course you are right. he cost us a game with the rams and if i have to hear the phrase "well if he could catch the ball he would be a beast" one more time,, well i just do not know. at the end of the season his protectors kept talking about how all he needed was more time with the jugs gun. I am sorry but when you are still talking about a guy working with the jugs gun, at the end of the season, ,,, he is never going to be any better than what he is right now
In spite of what he can do, he can only be a backup TE because of his hands. I want them to offer him a deal and I'd still draft one of the tight ends coming out in the draft this year. Offer him a 3-4 year deal. In a season or two, we'll have a guy ready to replace Walker by bringing everything he can to the table as well as receiving ability. For those that don't want to bring Walker back, unless he is too pricey, why not? We can at least wait until whoever we draft is truly ready to replace him before we let Walker go.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
In spite of what he can do, he can only be a backup TE because of his hands. I want them to offer him a deal and I'd still draft one of the tight ends coming out in the draft this year. Offer him a 3-4 year deal. In a season or two, we'll have a guy ready to replace Walker by bringing everything he can to the table as well as receiving ability. For those that don't want to bring Walker back, unless he is too pricey, why not? We can at least wait until whoever we draft is truly ready to replace him before we let Walker go.

i want him gone for the same reason i wanted akers gone. i can not trust him to make a big catch at crunch time. is he going to make the kick or is he not. will he catch that nice wide open ball ck throws to him for a touchdown or will he not? i do not want to go through that s**t again. he is as good as he is ever going to be. keeping people like him cuz he is cheap is not a good reason to keep them. he will not or should not command a big dollar from another team because he is not that good,
One of the best blocking TEs in the NFL. That and his versatility will be missed, but can eventually be replaced. Any team that signs him needs to get his ass in front of the Jugs machine as soon as he's done putting pen to paper on his contract.
dwalk is one of those guys that is in the right situation. he's valuable to the niners but might not excel in another system. i'd like him back at a reasonable price.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
One of the best blocking TEs in the NFL. That and his versatility will be missed, but can eventually be replaced. Any team that signs him needs to get his ass in front of the Jugs machine as soon as he's done putting pen to paper on his contract.
ah yes, the jugs machine. the infamous savior. he could sleep with that thing and it will not help get any better than he is right now. a with our first three picks you fix the defensive issues, then you get a tight end in round three that can catch, block and play special teams, thus removing mr juggs.