There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Richard Sherman vs. Skip Bayless

Just as classless as his coach.
Wow Sherman was gunning for Bayless from the start, I'm surprised Stephen A didn't step in and say something
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,393
That was entertaining. We'll see how the season goes for him. I would figure you'd be a bit more humble in your third year when all it takes is tripping over a blade of grass to end your career. He's a good player doe, we'll see what happens.
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I wouldn't take sherman. That attitude is a ''me first''. THat will mess with the team comaraaaderie.
It is getting him attention doe so he's all for it but how many teams would shy away from dude if he was a free agent? Quite a few?

if sherman was a FA, he be on a lot of teams lists, including the 49ers....

I seriously doubt this.

I had reflected on this issue and the Niners roster make-up this past season. Womdering why Harbaugh would not have picked Sherman up in the draft when he knew him better than any other coach (having recruited and coached him at Stanford). It comes down to one thing: CHARACTER.

Sherman has a poisonous character that neither Ballke nor Harbaugh want contaminating the Niners locker room. A certain degree of deviance is, and has to be, tolerated. But there is a line that has to be drawn too. Sherman (and others) cross that line and will never be part of the Niners. I can think of several examples of the top of my head of free agents and draft prospects, excellent players, who can be, or could have been, had but will be, or were, passed on by the Niners. But that's another subject.

It's pretty obvious that the Seahawks have no such scruples, and especially their coach, being evidently cut from the same cloth. They aren't the only ones, either.
Oh what a dick(Sherman).. Boy he really crushed skip. Then he chopped him and snorted like his adderol.. Guy did look high( on himself and who knows what else) and nuts . We will see if the league lets him continue mugging w.r.s and if he can continue to produce the top level
Looking at Richard Sherman's stats now. Since he's acting like a turd. He intercepted Skelton 3 of his 8 times. Sam Bradford 2 of his 8. Mark Sanchez 1 of 8. So 6/8 were from pieces of s**t. 1/8 was from Brady and 1/8 from Kaep. All pro indeed.
Originally posted by hawker84:
despite your personal opinions about the guy, the first part of your statement is a bit on the ridiculous side.. if he indeed picked off a pass every game for 10 years he'd probably go down as the best corner to ever play the game...

as far as the rest of your post, i could post other vids of him when he's talking about his community and kids and his efforts there, but you don't want to hear about the other side of him, becasue it's much easier to hate him when he's on camera making an a** of himself every week.. he's a loud mouth , and egomaniac, whatever you want to call him, but off the field and away from all this media crap he keeps getting himself into, he's actually a good dude and does a lot for the kids in his community. unfortunately fans outside of Seattle will never know this because of these types of incident's...
That's all well and good, and I for one don't hate Sherman as a player. Every team has trash talkers but Sherm's talk gets amplified because he's actually really good and not some scrub.

For me, it's just sad to see a guy with so much talent show so little humility. It sends the wrong message to the same kids in his community he's trying to help. Yes, don't let other people's opinions affect your drive and ambition. But don't make personal attacks like "I'm better at life than you." That's just a horrible, vindictive way to go about life. If you truly want your actions or resume to speak for you, then do that and ignore the noise from guys like Skip. Sherm needs to realize how lucky he is that he gets paid to play a game. All of his physical gifts could be robbed from him instantly if he gets hurt.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
I seriously doubt this.

I had reflected on this issue and the Niners roster make-up this past season. Womdering why Harbaugh would not have picked Sherman up in the draft when he knew him better than any other coach (having recruited and coached him at Stanford). It comes down to one thing: CHARACTER.

Sherman has a poisonous character that neither Ballke nor Harbaugh want contaminating the Niners locker room. A certain degree of deviance is, and has to be, tolerated. But there is a line that has to be drawn too. Sherman (and others) cross that line and will never be part of the Niners. I can think of several examples of the top of my head of free agents and draft prospects, excellent players, who can be, or could have been, had but will be, or were, passed on by the Niners. But that's another subject.

It's pretty obvious that the Seahawks have no such scruples, and especially their coach, being evidently cut from the same cloth. They aren't the only ones, either.

and you know all this how... you have some inside scoop on the inner thinkings of the FO? Fact of the matter is, Sherman is one of the most like teammates in the locker room.. how do i know this, because of the things the other players have said about him.. he's a great teammate, and a great corner.. all the other things said about him may be true, but he is not a distraction to the team or locker room., and any GM would be crazy to pass on him if the price and situation was right.

as far as him and Harbaugh and what happened between them, speculate all you want, but you or i will never know the real truth.. other than Sherman asked to be switched to CB, not the other way around.. he wanted to get away from Harbaugh, he said that himself in interviews.. Why sit the bench as a reciever when you can play in the game as a CB? makes sense to me, and it seems to be working out.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Mar 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM ]
Originally posted by mickey49:
That's all well and good, and I for one don't hate Sherman as a player. Every team has trash talkers but Sherm's talk gets amplified because he's actually really good and not some scrub.

For me, it's just sad to see a guy with so much talent show so little humility. It sends the wrong message to the same kids in his community he's trying to help. Yes, don't let other people's opinions affect your drive and ambition. But don't make personal attacks like "I'm better at life than you." That's just a horrible, vindictive way to go about life. If you truly want your actions or resume to speak for you, then do that and ignore the noise from guys like Skip. Sherm needs to realize how lucky he is that he gets paid to play a game. All of his physical gifts could be robbed from him instantly if he gets hurt.

i can't disagree with any of that..
Originally posted by Youngone:
Looking at Richard Sherman's stats now. Since he's acting like a turd. He intercepted Skelton 3 of his 8 times. Sam Bradford 2 of his 8. Mark Sanchez 1 of 8. So 6/8 were from pieces of s**t. 1/8 was from Brady and 1/8 from Kaep. All pro indeed.

You can play this game with Revis as well,

In 2009, arguably Revis best season, he had 6 INT. Only one came against a good teamQb and that was Brady. 1 vs oak, 2 vs Carolina, 1 vs Buf, 1 vs TB.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Looking at Richard Sherman's stats now. Since he's acting like a turd. He intercepted Skelton 3 of his 8 times. Sam Bradford 2 of his 8. Mark Sanchez 1 of 8. So 6/8 were from pieces of s**t. 1/8 was from Brady and 1/8 from Kaep. All pro indeed.

You can play this game with Revis as well,

In 2009, arguably Revis best season, he had 6 INT. Only one came against a good teamQb and that was Brady. 1 vs oak, 2 vs Carolina, 1 vs Buf, 1 vs TB.

apparently the people who count the most, the voters/NFL players think he's 1st team all pro worthy.. your corners played the same QB's, how many pic's they get.?
Why did it seem like Sherman was on the verge of breaking into tears at any moment. His voice kept cracking and he kept resorting to 11 year old girl insults.


"I'm better than you are...so there.....uhhh...uhmmm...yeah!"


Weak as f**k cuz. If you gotta get intensely personal with someone like that, you're not really winning the argument. Dude came off sounding like a straight b***h.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Why did it seem like Sherman was on the verge of breaking into tears at any moment. His voice kept cracking and he kept resorting to 11 year old girl insults.


"I'm better than you are...so there.....uhhh...uhmmm...yeah!"


Weak as f**k cuz. If you gotta get intensely personal with someone like that, you're not really winning the argument. Dude came off sounding like a straight b***h.
One of the stupidest insults I have ever heard.
I'll just leave this here.


[ Edited by Protoman on Mar 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM ]
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Looking at Richard Sherman's stats now. Since he's acting like a turd. He intercepted Skelton 3 of his 8 times. Sam Bradford 2 of his 8. Mark Sanchez 1 of 8. So 6/8 were from pieces of s**t. 1/8 was from Brady and 1/8 from Kaep. All pro indeed.

You can play this game with Revis as well,

In 2009, arguably Revis best season, he had 6 INT. Only one came against a good teamQb and that was Brady. 1 vs oak, 2 vs Carolina, 1 vs Buf, 1 vs TB.

apparently the people who count the most, the voters/NFL players think he's 1st team all pro worthy.. your corners played the same QB's, how many pic's they get.?

I forgot we had you consistently posting in here.