LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

NFL to unviel second aptitude test

Shop 49ers game tickets
NFL wants another test so that some of these " college educated " athletes don't get exposed by the Wonderlic, lol. ( think Vince Young )
what kind of questions do you think it will ask? http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/8956870/report-national-football-league-implement-second-aptitude-test-combine
[ Edited by 16to87 on Feb 19, 2013 at 8:28 AM ]
Which color is blue? (Multiple choice test, with pictures)
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerForLife:
Which color is blue? (Multiple choice test, with pictures)

I would get that question wrong. I have a hard time distinguishing between blue and greens.

I worked a job in the Filmore, or maybe it was in the Western Addition, a reconstruction of seven Victorians. On the back side, they were three stories high.

The boss told me to demo the blue stairs. I did, or so I thought. I stairs I tore down were green.

My boss laughed his butt off.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM ]
Vince Young certainly was stupid, but poor scholastic aptitude tests doesn't mean the player will be crappy. In my opinion, they should create a football aptitude test (defensive coverage, offensive schemes/playcalling) to see how much of the game the player understands. Then they could pair it with aptitude tests to get a better idea of the players football IQ.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Vince Young certainly was stupid, but poor scholastic aptitude tests doesn't mean the player will be crappy. In my opinion, they should create a football aptitude test (defensive coverage, offensive schemes/playcalling) to see how much of the game the player understands. Then they could pair it with aptitude tests to get a better idea of the players football IQ.

Agree, I got close to straight A's in high school and college, but was one of the dumbest people on a football field. Guys that were taking remedial math in college and read at a 5th grade level had a way higher football I.Q. on the field than me. On your average I.Q. test I would score 140 and up, on a football I.Q. test I would have scored under 70. This was the 70's where we were running a 5-2 defense and that was over my head.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Each team invests millions of dollars on these kids. They can administer any test that they feel worthy. That goes for all the other sports too.
Originally posted by buck:
I would get that question wrong. I have a hard time distinguishing between blue and greens.

I worked a job in the Filmore, or maybe it was in the Western Addition, a reconstruction of seven Victorians. On the back side, they were three stories high.

The boss told me to demo the blue stairs. I did, or so I thought. I stairs I tore down were green.

My boss laughed his butt off.

Story of the day I have a tough time with certain colors as well so I probably find this funnier than the average person. Dark purples/blues, certain greens and browns, etc.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:
Each team invests millions of dollars on these kids. They can administer any test that they feel worthy. That goes for all the other sports too.
I think the point is these tests can't pick a person with football smarts from one without any. I think Frank Gore got a 6 on the Wonderlic but I think he has turned out ok.
Share 49ersWebzone