LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Williams Not Fined For Shoving Ref.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by nj9er:
The Ravens were 31st in penalties per game and 32nd in penalty yards per game. Then in the superbowl they ranked better than number one team the Falcons in penalties per game and penalty yards per game. How do you go from the last of penalties per game to better than the1st place team.

Just as a frame of reference the 49ers were about the same in the superbowl as they were during the regular season.
http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game

Wow! Nice find. So if I am reading that right the 2nd and 7th most penalized teams in the NFL combined for less than half of the average penalties per game.

DAYUM! Oh, and over the last three, the Niners were trending down, but the Ravens were trending abiu the same. Hmmmm...something is definitely fishy.
Originally posted by horsecore:
It doesn't matter if he knew he was shoving a ref, he may have had no clue, but that is no excuse for the two handed shove he gave to the ref. Justin Smith was ejected and fined for far less than that.

NFL is starting to be the NBA.....

+1
Originally posted by lordsilva25:
Going to be the longest offseason in history. Oh well, I guess thats why they have baseball. To help us get by. No wonder its called America's pastime.

And regaining its perch as the #1 sport in America. At least a fix can never happen unless the commish is part of it.
It does make you wonder...what the heck's goin' on out there, a famous quote from the great Vince Lombardi. Intentional or not, anytime you bump a referee, it should be an automatic flag. One thing I couldn't help but notice is it seems there are two officiating mindsets. One for the regular season, when seemingly every other play there's a yellow flag. During the playoffs/SB, it seemed as if they all of a sudden got armlock. A number of fouls committed that were automatic flags during the regular season, but not so in the playoffs. That's BS...if you're going to "let 'em play" in the playoffs, then the same should hold true in the regular season.
I would bet that Justin Smith would have been ejected for touching a ref in the Super Bowl as well. Which Niner would Goodell have hugged if the 49ers had won?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I would bet that Justin Smith would have been ejected for touching a ref in the Super Bowl as well. Which Niner would Goodell have hugged if the 49ers had won?

He (Goodell) would have been waiting by Ray Ray's locker to console him. Duh!
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Feb 12, 2013 at 6:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Jason:
I wanna know if Vegas had anything to do with this. This was the most bet on SB in history and that's a lot to leave to chance.

they probably had the power cut..............
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

He (Goodell) would have been waiting by Ray Ray's locker to console him. Duh!

Ray did say God was rewarding him.

the "ell" was silent though..................
Share 49ersWebzone