LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Williams Not Fined For Shoving Ref.

Shop 49ers game tickets
I can't even wrap my head around this without the reality of it ruining the enjoyment of the sport I most care about.

F*ck you, God-ell.
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Feb 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM ]
Going to be the longest offseason in history. Oh well, I guess thats why they have baseball. To help us get by. No wonder its called America's pastime.
Originally posted by lordsilva25:
Going to be the longest offseason in history. Oh well, I guess thats why they have baseball. To help us get by. No wonder its called America's pastime.

I hear that. Now that we have a championship caliber team the week is just dragging without the anticipation of the game. I'm just dying to see what stop we're able to pull out next year.
Doesn't change anything, but still think it's a crock. If you can shove an official in the Superbowl, then you should be able to do it in any other game, right? I mean, no flag, no ejection, no fine? If it were a 49er shoving an official they would have tossed him like yesterday's trash. The loss is still only 7 days old, and I'm sure everyone is still upset about the loss. I hate the Ravens now more than ever.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
I can't even wrap my head around this without the reality of it ruining the enjoyment of the sport I most care about.

F*ck you, God-ell.

Couldn't have said it better myself. This is a disgrace.
They can't fine him, because if they did, it would imply that he should have made a call. If he should have made a call, it would imply that perhaps the whole game was poorly officiated.
The NFL understands politics as well as anybody.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM ]
The fix was on.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
They can't fine him, because if they did, it would imply that he should have made a call. If he should have made a call, it would imply that perhaps the whole game was poorly officiated.
That's a sorry excuse, but you're probably right.
what really gets me is.....

he didn't even get flagged for shoving the ref.
"To me, I feel like the 49ers are pretenders," Williams said. "They're fake tough guys. You got to play football. We do it physical and we do it between the whistles. They were diving on piles, shoving people from behind. They can try to pretend they're physical, but we really are."

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
"To me, I feel like the 49ers are pretenders," Williams said. "They're fake tough guys. You got to play football. We do it physical and we do it between the whistles. They were diving on piles, shoving people from behind. They can try to pretend they're physical, but we really are."

Watch the video.... williams was giving it to Davis before getting knocked off..... talk is cheap!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
It's called the NFL do what the NFL wanna do. And 10k fine for socks, but nothing for shoving a ref is laughable. I love hearing NFL responses. Like a bunch of idiots. But I'm over it, we got screwed, clearly screwed.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I know that is why, but damn! How many times this season did a player get fined for hits that didn't draw a flag?

I know Goldson did at least once and so did Brady.

Just my opinion, but it would have been a lot smarter of the NFL to fine Williams to maintain some semblance of credibility.
mike florio thinks they didnt issue a fine because it would bring even more attention to their failure to flag and eject williams
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

• nj9er
  • Veteran
The Ravens were 31st in penalties per game and 32nd in penalty yards per game. Then in the superbowl they ranked better than number one team the Falcons in penalties per game and penalty yards per game. How do you go from the last of penalties per game to better than the1st place team.

Just as a frame of reference the 49ers were about the same in the superbowl as they were during the regular season.
http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game
Share 49ersWebzone