LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Singletary new Rams DC?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
please god let him get the job.

It's x a trillion
Never going to happen. The Rams didn't even have a DC last season and look how good that defense played. Fisher knows defense and how to call a game and thats why Dingleberry will not get the job. Mike knows defense he just knows so little about offense that he hasn't a clue on how to call a game on defense. Worthless as anything more than a motivational lb's coach IMO.
For the Rams' sake, they shouldn't make that move...for the Niner's sake, I hope they do. I think it's finally sunk in that until he has some coord experience, he won't get another legit shot at a head coaching position.

Originally posted by NinerG94:
Never going to happen. The Rams didn't even have a DC last season and look how good that defense played. Fisher knows defense and how to call a game and thats why Dingleberry will not get the job. Mike knows defense he just knows so little about offense that he hasn't a clue on how to call a game on defense. Worthless as anything more than a motivational lb's coach IMO.

I know nothing about him, but I do know the DC who was under him in SF and there was no love lost there.

This thread made my concerns even worse. Is he really that bad?

I don't think the Rams will hire him, or Fisher would have it done by now. Fisher wants control, might be a hard position to fill.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Feb 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM ]
Originally posted by RedAlice:
I know nothing about him, but I do know the DC who was under him in SF and there was no love lost there.

I don't think the Rams will hire him, or Fisher would have it done by now. Fisher wants control, might be a hard position to fill.

How do you not know anything about Singletary?
Originally posted by frozen49er:
How do you not know anything about Singletary?

Good question. I just don't. I started following the Niners closely again when Harbaugh became your coach.

I probably also did not pay as close attention to things when a good Rams' game was one where they caught a ball.
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Singletary was a terrible head coach, but I have no idea if hed be bad as a DC. He was the captain of arguably the greatest D of all time, and he was a great LB coach. No clue if that translates into being able to run a successful defense, but his struggles at head coach have very little to do with a coor. job. A HC has to manage a team. A coor. has to manage a playbook.

He could be a solid DC, but i would guess he would need time to build experience. He seemed stuck in the past when he was here, thinking he could win with an 80's Bears style team in todays NFL.
This is the normal regression for a position coach. Not straight to HC.
i hope so, but fishers not an idiot lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope so, but fishers not an idiot lol

We can only hope!

Share 49ersWebzone