LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Mookster:
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Mike Peirera the king of offical rulebook felt it was a good no call.

of course he did. Whats the scandal like if he steps up and says it was a blown call? Anyone ask him about the hold on Jacobys return? or the hit on the ref? or what the ruling would be for offensive holding in the end zone?

Exactly. He's there to massage the controversy, and pretty much ignores anything that he knows damn well is wrong.

As an aside, I've never heard of "Oh I thought it was a player" being a valid excuse for shoving a ref.
It is what it is. We lost because of us plain and simple. Not because of the refs. We didn't play Niner football.
Mooch and crew tried to make that same argument in their analysis and backed of it because Crabtree did not push off...... Mooch started to describe it and the video clearly showed otherwise.... Sap was even laughing at him.

Peirera would say that.

A good call is no call. It should be his trade mark. Its all so weak. Because its saying that if the refs are unsure they dont call it, despite officials being in the best position to make that call, even with replay evidence. Was this even the best crew at the SB?

Reports suggest they were not.
Originally posted by baltien:
Exactly. He's there to massage the controversy, and pretty much ignores anything that he knows damn well is wrong.

As an aside, I've never heard of "Oh I thought it was a player" being a valid excuse for shoving a ref.

If A niner player shoved the ref and got ejected and then said "I thought it was a player" everyone here would be the 1st to say "OMG rigged, he thought it was a player, stupid refs!"

I don't mind the player not getting ejected or penalized as long as it's the same for both teams. I thought it was fine for him not to get ejected.
If A niner player shoved the ref and got ejected and then said "I thought it was a player" everyone here would be the 1st to say "OMG rigged, he thought it was a player, stupid refs!"

I don't mind the player not getting ejected or penalized as long as it's the same for both teams. I thought it was fine for him not to get ejected.

Dude, please. You're making assumptions about what would happen in a hypothetical situation.

I'm talking reality here.

A Niner player didn't shove a referee last night. A Raven player did. By rule, that player should have been ejected. Oddly, he was not penalized at all.

What do you not understand about that?
Dude, please. You're making assumptions about what would happen in a hypothetical situation.

I'm talking reality here.

A Niner player didn't shove a referee last night. A Raven player did. By rule, that player should have been ejected. Oddly, he was not penalized at all.

What do you not understand about that?

There's nothing not to understand. Ref didn't call it. Not a big deal. Ravens went for a fake FG and we got the ball back anyways. If he was flagged they probably go for a real FG. Doesn't benefit us.
Mooch and crew tried to make that same argument in their analysis and backed of it because Crabtree did not push off...... Mooch started to describe it and the video clearly showed otherwise.... Sap was even laughing at him.

Really Mike Peirera? This dude is notorious for backing up calls but reasons that are not in the rulebook. You have to do better than that.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Really Mike Peirera? This dude is notorious for backing up calls but reasons that are not in the rulebook. You have to do better than that.

I really don't. It was a fun game, officials weren't the cause for the final score and we just lost. Terrible playcalling was a big reason.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
No, they dont stop the play for holding. Neither did I ever say they did. I said at the point in the game a penalty would have enabled the refs to adjust the time and penalty correctly.

Where does the rule book ever say that? You don't adjust the time on a hold. There is nothing in the rulebook to support your case.

You just showed it. It would have been STOPPING THE CLOCK WHEN THE PENALTY TOOK PLACE.
Now I know why the call you guys forty whiners fans LOL.

• Tical
  • Veteran
more like the NFL/Vegas didn't want a SUperbowl blowout, so they gave the Niners an extra 35 minutes to regroup and cool the Ravens off even more. Don't want to hear any crap about a fix in the Ravens favor
There's nothing not to understand. Ref didn't call it. Not a big deal. Ravens went for a fake FG and we got the ball back anyways. If he was flagged they probably go for a real FG. Doesn't benefit us.

The ref didn't call it, exactly. That was my only point. Now where was Pereira and his infallible knowledge of the rule book on that?

Oh that's right. Silent as a mouse. Which only helps to prove my point.

He's very selective about what he comments on and when he does speak on something, it is always in support of the league.
Originally posted by Hopper:
They missed calls, but the refs for most part didn't put us in that 28-6 hole.

We did that to ourselves. But when we got close to taking the lead it was ridiculous to see the lack of flags for offsides and holding. The game was fixed for the Ravens to win.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Please. It was holding AND possibly PI on Jimmy Smith. He was holding Crabs the whole way and NEVER looked back for the ball. That's literally the textbook definition of interference. Watching the play in full motion, you clearly see Crabs trying to get his arm free and that's why his hand touches Smith's helmet.

Stating the obvious doesn't make you a sore loser or a whiner.

So far I've seen only Mike Pereira (known NFL apologist) and a bunch of Niner haters on various forums around the web say it was the right call.

Check out this thread on the Huff Post. Virtually every sports media personality said it was a bad no-call:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1514765-did-jimmy-smith-hold-michael-crabtree-on-4th-and-ballgame

Some of these same people picked us to lose, so while I'm sure there is still some bias, I doubt everyone would just up and decide to tell the same lie.

I won't go as far as to call it rigged, but it was obvious that the NFL wanted to see Ray Lewis (who was a complete non-factor in this game btw) go out with a bang.

The league is always pulling for some "feel good story" crap.
It certainly felt like it was rigged even though I don't believe that leagues do that. But, how else can we explain the play calls & questionable rulings.

of course he did. Whats the scandal like if he steps up and says it was a blown call? Anyone ask him about the hold on Jacobys return? or the hit on the ref? or what the ruling would be for offensive holding in the end zone?

Just Smith didnt get that credit last year.
Share 49ersWebzone