There are 120 users in the forums

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bongoplyr:
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Flacco also missed Bolden on a 3rd and long late in the 4th that would have lead to an extra possession for the 9ers. But guess what happened? Unlike Kaep he was afforded ANOTHER CHANCE VIA PI CALL. You are a testament to why everyone shouldnt be able to talk football. You have no football understanding. And btw, Flacco had about 8 or 9 LONG completions that were horrible passes but his recievers made HUGE plays on the ball. If you had football knowledge you wouldnt dare put him in the same league as Kaep. Hell, I might consider Alex over him if he had a stronger arm.

They were showing that play on NFL Network last night. After the snap the DB makes contact at about the 8-9 yard mark, grabs his jersey a yard or two later, and finally makes contact again while the ball is in the air. How is that NOT pass interference. And to be fair, Torrey Smith was grabbed on virtually every route he ran, yet no other flags were dropped.

The Ravens where saved 3 times via penalty on the drive that gave them the 5 point lead.
WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US?! NOBODY!! #49ERS #QuestForSix
refs also turned a blind eye to what should have been a helmet to helmet contact penalty on the ravens. some ravens player nearly decapitated crabs.
[ Edited by scarletandgold on Feb 5, 2013 at 4:50 AM ]
You are so stuck in justifying them you cant see the point. My point is if the refs are going to "let them play", THEN LET THEM PLAY! Dont let them play on one side of the ball and throw the flag on the other. The contact on Crabs was more severe than the contact on Boldin. "And to be fair" Torrey Smith was NOT held on every play thats BS. You forget there is a such thing as DVR? I watched the game 3 times now.

I bet we lost everytime though didn't we?

This team has so much potential it's not even funny. The better team didn't win sunday, but the Ravens did play better. It'll never go down as a tainted super bowl, It hurts how close we were to winning. But I still congratulate the Ravens, they played a great game.
I really hate being THAT guy. I don't want to sit hear and claim officiating cost us the game. Fact is, we gave that game away in the first half and the officiating was the icing on the purple cake. That's going to be a loss I'll remember the rest of my life. Could have been the most monumental comeback of all time.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
f**k that! The refs did cost us the game!!
f**k being civil they f**ked us with no lube!!!!

Not showing up cost us the game
That Darrell Revis trade is looking tempting now....
Not showing up is one thing, but when the refs had their obvious hand in it, then that supersedes our game performance because we did eventually adjust to the Ravens.

Mistakes can be overcome and slow starts.

There's a black mark with this game because if a more experienced officiating crew was in there, would this have been a different game.
[ Edited by robniner on Feb 5, 2013 at 7:53 AM ]
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I really hate being THAT guy. I don't want to sit hear and claim officiating cost us the game. Fact is, we gave that game away in the first half and the officiating was the icing on the purple cake. That's going to be a loss I'll remember the rest of my life. Could have been the most monumental comeback of all time.

Unfortunately, it did.

We nearly gave that game away in Atlanta but alas we recovered and won.

Wow, Gee's for a minute I thought I was on a Seahawks site......... try to man up and show some class in defeat.... I didnt see Crabtree complain about being held. Ive been treated pretty bad on this website before the SB and got a timeout( ) so I was very happy to see SF have a come back after being spanked only to suffer the pain of what could have been, you fans earned it..... P.S. You be back next year
Might be time to lock this thread. If I hear or read Ray Lewis one more time I'm going to vomit.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Might be time to lock this thread. If I hear or read Ray Lewis one more time I'm going to vomit.

His interview with Sharpe was so disgusting. Hope a family member of dead guys shuts him up good
can somebody get that damn ravens superbowl champs ad off the webzone!,!
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
You are so stuck in justifying them you cant see the point. My point is if the refs are going to "let them play", THEN LET THEM PLAY! Dont let them play on one side of the ball and throw the flag on the other. The contact on Crabs was more severe than the contact on Boldin. "And to be fair" Torrey Smith was NOT held on every play thats BS. You forget there is a such thing as DVR? I watched the game 3 times now.

I bet we lost everytime though didn't we?

This team has so much potential it's not even funny. The better team didn't win sunday, but the Ravens did play better. It'll never go down as a tainted super bowl, It hurts how close we were to winning. But I still congratulate the Ravens, they played a great game.

What evidence do you have to say "the better team did win Sunday" other than the score? The better team does not always prevail. I congradulate the Ravens just as much as I congradulate the Seahawks for beating the Packers in week 2. Time after time I and others have pointed out how we were not outplayed, but fell victim to a Ray Lewis "going out party", and were made to be the "villians" of the story for the entire two weeks. Think about how much they will make on their NFL Films documentary on Ray Lewis or the 2012 Ravens. Thing is, im not afraid to believe whats in front of me. Im not too nieve or cool to connect something so obvious. Then they had the nerve to change the officials (to a less competent team, for unaddressed reasons) then, three opportunities to either tie the game or win was was chalked up to "no calls".

Thats not the end. Each of the penalties that were masked by "allowing them to play" were ALL called on the opposite side of the ball within the second to last drive and led to the three points that would have given us the lead at 1:45 rather than having to go for it on 4th. Now why didnt "the super bowl" influence the refs calls in such critical late 4th quarter moments? Now please share with us how this cannot be translated to the refs costing the 9ers the game? I know its translated as a "good sport" to take it in stride or "charge it to the game", but in my book its either fear or complete stupidity. What if the Saints and their players had not "whined" about an injustice? No matter how anyone cuts it, outplayed is not something that Ravens did Sunday. They were given the win but they did not outplay the 9ers.....Im sorry.
[ Edited by Puckdaddy on Feb 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone