LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Do you really think it's gonna be a close game?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Eddie D already said it, but what is obvious to me is the 49ers are playing against an old team. Flacco will be under pressure all game long and the Defense finally shows their true colors and might! I was really surprised Ahmad Brooks made key plays last game and this quiet guy will be the key player of winning it all again next weekend! Well, as for Bowman, Willis, and Aldon Smith, the media will be talking about them as the best four LBs on a team that played the Superbowl - these guys will shut down Flacco's pass game. Culliver will win the battle against Boldin. T-Brown will lock up Smith. it will still be exiting, but it will feel as if we are back in the 80's again my 49er friends.
Eddie D already said it, but what is obvious to me is the 49ers are playing against an old team. Flacco will be under pressure all game long and the Defense finally shows their true colors and might! I was really surprised Ahmad Brooks made key plays last game and this quiet guy will be the key player of winning it all again next weekend! Well, as for Bowman, Willis, and Aldon Smith, the media will be talking about them as the best four LBs on a team that played the Superbowl - these guys will shut down Flacco's pass game. Culliver will win the battle against Boldin. T-Brown will lock up Smith. it will still be exiting, but it will feel as if we are back in the 80's again my 49er friends.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Ravens beat the Broncos and Patriots on the road to get to the big game, I am not taking them lightly.
I believe it will be a close game ala Super Bowl's XVI and XXIII except a little higher scoring than those games were. The Ravens D is aging and is no longer the strength of their team, but I don't take them lightly. I know the 49ers can beat them, but until the Niners have the lead and the clock strikes 0:00 I won't celebrate.
I think it will be close, not taking anything for granted. Hope I am wrong and it's a blowout.
Yes. I think this will be a very close game. The Ravens are playing very well right now and had 2 huge road wins. Not to be taken lightly.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:

I hope you are right!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I just hope we don't jump out to an early lead and let it go like we did against the Pats.

Something about teams that jump out to early leads. It's like they stop playing hord. Then the other team gains all the momentum.
The game hinges on our D. If they show up, it will be a blowout. If not, then it will be a close game.
our teams are all almost exactly the same (excluding age differences) in talent except our QBs. Kap and Flacco will be the deciding factors in the game, whoever does the best will lead his team to the SB victory.

Flacco has more experience but i am really impressed with Kap's ability to play under pressure at high stakes. We have a QB who doesnt shy away from big obstacles and thrives on achieving goals that people say are highly unlikely.
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Jan 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM ]

I think the Niners can get after Baltimore through the air. Their corners are ok but not good or great. Our TE's could also give them serious fits. I think these two factors are going to play out in a big way. I also believe that the press is giving the Baltimore defense way too much credit. Yes, they beat both Denver and Baltimore, but they escaped Denver because the Denver secondary gave it away. And they beat the same patriot team we beat. The same Pats defense that Colin and Co. hung a ton of points on. I'm excited for the game because I think it will be one heck of a chess match. The Niners offense has really played with two totally opposite game plans the last two weeks. Should be fun to see what they come up with for the Ravens. Defensively, just play the same same game we did in the 2nd half against Atlanta. My lone concern is that they don't come out swinging like they can.
Originally posted by Seattle49er:
I think it will be close, not taking anything for granted. Hope I am wrong and it's a blowout.

At first, I saw the beginning of your username and I was like

Then, I saw the rest of your name and I was like
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:

What did Eddie say?
I think it's going to be a blow out, niners are superior in every way ( except for kicker)
Bump
Share 49ersWebzone