There are 230 users in the forums

Possible landing spot for Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
i think it will be Buffalo

I hope not for his sake. He will get destroyed over there. Arizona and KC would be nicer gigs for him.
A.S. to K.C. for a 4th
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
i think it will be Buffalo

I hope not for his sake. He will get destroyed over there. Arizona and KC would be nicer gigs for him.

he will get destroyed in Buff? But the Cards would be better??? That's insane.

Us, Seattle and the Rams is much tougher than Pats, Fins, and Jets bro
Kc is best case scenario for both teams.
Alex to the browns for Haden with draft picks involved
Originally posted by GEEK:
First, let's take a look at the QBs that led their teams to the playoffs this past season:

- Over 80% of the playoff teams originally drafted their QBs; Manning and Schaub were acquired via free agency and trade, respectively.

- 50% of the playoff teams' staring QBs have 3 or less years of experience in the NFL.

- Of these six, 3 of them were picked AFTER the 1st round.

I think what we are going to see is new head coaches are going to pick "their guy" in the draft instead of giving up a 3rd or 4th round pick for a veteran QB like Matt Flynn or Alex Smith. Both of them became backups after getting unseated by young QB prospects that were 2nd-3rd round picks.

But, there are a few teams that have tried and failed in finding the right QB - Chiefs, Cardinals, Browns, and Jaguars. And there's one team that should be looking for an upgrade at QB - Vikings.

Andy Reid, Bruce Arians, and Leslie Frazier are three head coaches that need smart QBs that can help usher their teams to the next level.

Here's how I'd rank the best fit for Alex Smith:

1. Cardinals
- If you bolster their offensive line, Alex Smith will be successful and have plenty of weapons to utilize in Arizona. Floyd and Fitz could become the next Falcons White and Jones combo. Great decision making skills and accurate short and medium range throws, Smith could thrive under Arians system.

But would the 49ers trade him to a division rival? Maybe for a 2nd round pick at the least.

2. Vikings
- Add some weapons at WR, and you'll have a fully functioning offense for Alex Smith to step in and succeed. More of a power offense, the Vikings still run a variation of the WCO - Bill Musgrave has 49ers ties.

But Mike Singletary is very close to Leslie Frazier, and he shat on him during and after his tenure with the 49ers.

3. Chiefs
- They may be losing some key pieces this offseason, and who knows what their mental state will be after the death of one of their teammates. Andy Reid needs a smart QB behind center - McNaab and Vick took too many risks and made too many dumb mistakes. I don't think they'll be playoff bound in a year, but year 2 or year 3, they should be competitive.

Prediction: Chiefs select BPA and not QB in the draft, and trade for Alex Smith.

Never thought of him with the Vikes but the offense would fit him well. He would just need another WR to throw to even of Harvin stays.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Buff is a terrible organization with not much talent on O. The weather is s**t and you need a strong arm to play there. Kc and az are better situations IMO. More talent.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Buff is a terrible organization with not much talent on O. The weather is s**t and you need a strong arm to play there. Kc and az are better situations IMO. More talent.
arizona would be best for him but i doubt the niners trade him to a division rival since he has knowledge of the system and an added edge against us twice a year. plus you dont help out your division rivals
Originally posted by highway49:
A.S. to K.C. for a 4th

Baalke should resign if he agrees to that. That might have been the asking price a month or two ago, but now with the 49ers organization pushing the storyline that they might even keep Alex, with Philly keeping Vick, Alex's value has jumped. I'd say mid 2nd round right now, or a very early 3rd this year and a 4th rounder next year.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Baalke should resign if he agrees to that. That might have been the asking price a month or two ago, but now with the 49ers organization pushing the storyline that they might even keep Alex, with Philly keeping Vick, Alex's value has jumped. I'd say mid 2nd round right now, or a very early 3rd this year and a 4th rounder next year.

We really don't know what his value is. Keep in mind teams know that Alex will most likely get cut if the 9ers can't trade him...so the offers may not be as high. Also, I'm sure Smith may have some input on where he wants to be traded to. There are a lot of variables here.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Alex Smith - QB - 49ers
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Live Wednesday that the trade market for Alex Smith is "limited," and there is "not a large buzz" about Smith among quarterback-needy teams.

Specifically, Smith going to the Browns is a "long shot," per Mortensen. The Jets can't afford his contract, the Cardinals are the 49ers' division opponent, and the Chiefs might explore Nick Foles or Geno Smith first. Anyone who's kept tabs on Smith the past two years won't be surprised. Smith was available in 2012 free agency, and only the 49ers and Dolphins showed much interest in him -- both after missing out on other quarterbacks. Smith's physical skill set is just borderline starting-caliber, and he was benched this past season. The 49ers won't get more than a mid- to late-round pick on the trade market.

Like I said before a 2nd or 3rd round pick is wishful thinking.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
@Jcool0
@RapSheet Alex Smith trade market really "limited"?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
@Jcool0 We'll see. Teams in the wait-and-see mode this week, meeting on college prospects. His salary is hefty. Cutting wouldn't surprise me
Originally posted by Jcool:
@Jcool0

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
@Jcool0 We'll see. Teams in the wait-and-see mode this week, meeting on college prospects. His salary is hefty. Cutting wouldn't surprise me

lol @ his salary being hefty. Thats a bargain for a starter now a days
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Jcool:
@Jcool0

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

lol @ his salary being hefty. Thats a bargain for a starter now a days

Keyword : Starter

Landing Spot..CFL
If its not the Niners than it's going to be a...

Share 49ersWebzone