LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Possible landing spot for Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What will he be traded for then?

Less than what Kolb went for. Kolb can make all the throws, and therefore has a higher ceiling.

yeah he makes all the throws to the Defense though and thats why he blows
  • lazy
  • Veteran

Less than what Kolb went for. Kolb can make all the throws, and therefore has a higher ceiling.

no he doesn't.
Dude can't stay for the life of him.
Kolb's ceiling is the flo flo flo flo floor.
I think that swapping 3rd rounders with a team picking in the top 10 is about right.

its the equivalent of a late 3rd.

I would like to swap seconds as a first choice. If not swapping 3rd and 4ths would be all right assuming it is a team with a high draft pick.

Not if he's on the injured list for half of every season.
Lets be fair Jets are stupid and we could easy get their 2nd round pick. Rob Ryan is gone this year if he doesn't perform and Sanchez and Tebow are not gonna save him. No QB in the draft is gonna save him either.

Alex Smith and a 1st round running back may do.

Now, when they've offered us that pick the bidding war can start and we can go from there. See who's the most desperate.

I can definitely see us getting a good pick in 2014 draft instead of this one because we have 14 picks already and unless there's a couple first round prospects we want to trade up and get I can't see us bothering to get anymore this year.
Love how everyone states opinion as fact and acts all arrogant about it in here. The truth is, the market will set his value and nobody knows how the bidding will go. All it takes is two teams that don't blink and he could be worth a second round pick, or a third and a player....or there is just one suitor who wants to cut the line, and we barely dump him for a sixth. Hell if 4 or 5 teams sniff around who knows how it ends up. It's basic economics, supply and demand...we know supply is low, which makes most of think we get something in return. But anyone who claims to know the demand is just peeing on your leg and telling you it's raining.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Love how everyone states opinion as fact and acts all arrogant about it in here. The truth is, the market will set his value and nobody knows how the bidding will go. All it takes is two teams that don't blink and he could be worth a second round pick, or a third and a player....or there is just one suitor who wants to cut the line, and we barely dump him for a sixth. Hell if 4 or 5 teams sniff around who knows how it ends up. It's basic economics, supply and demand...we know supply is low, which makes most of think we get something in return. But anyone who claims to know the demand is just peeing on your leg and telling you it's raining.

lol Oh do tell.
i hope we make some sort of deal with the jets for Revis.

surgeon these days are excellent and i dont question his work ethic, he is the best for a reason.
i think he will come back strong and go back to sending WRs on all expenses paid trips to Revis island

but obviously money would become a big issue

oh well one can dream......

other than that i think KC is his most likely destination
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
i hope we make some sort of deal with the jets for Revis.

surgeon these days are excellent and i dont question his work ethic, he is the best for a reason.
i think he will come back strong and go back to sending WRs on all expenses paid trips to Revis island

but obviously money would become a big issue

oh well one can dream......

other than that i think KC is his most likely destination

Its not gonna happen. People can just forget about it. 1 Year contract, wants way too much money, and has already held out twice. He would want to be the highest paid player on the team. Its simply not logical for us to make a trade for that kind of player.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Its not gonna happen. People can just forget about it. 1 Year contract, wants way too much money, and has already held out twice. He would want to be the highest paid player on the team. Its simply not logical for us to make a trade for that kind of player.

This was my thoughts as well when came to Revis. Coming off a major injury, commands top dollar, no way we go after him. However. We did something similar last off season. Neck surgeries, $19.5 million..... I wouldnt put it past Trent to take a stab at it. With the other suitors that I've heard, Pats, Bills, Sea looking at Revis and their dire need for a qb, one cant rule it out. Pats and Bills play the Jets twice a year, SEA is stacked at CB so they wont offer a whole lot.

While I see Alex going to KC, that is the most logical, I really wouldnt be all that shocked if we started hearing stories about a possible trade to the NYJ.

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

lol Oh do tell.

I didnt mean it to sound so millitant...but man some of these guys act like everyone is an idiot who doesnt think it will play out exactly like they do. The truth is we wont know until it happens.

• Jets. Banking on someone else being stupid, is usually stupid.
  • Flynn and Kolb are the recent FA moves. Both failures. This will have an impact
  • Smith's bonus and other compensation, and the fact we might be forced to let him go ... will impact.
  • If many in the national press are talking low value..... ala 6th round value can adjusts FO expectations.
  • Fan tendency to think other teams will give up their stars for nothing and we will get the moon for ours.

Having said that, it only takes two teams to find interest to have is value greatly increased. They lock horns we could get ample return. If not, not much.
I think that is what makes this situation interesting. We could get some real nice compensation or not get squat. Both could happen.
Forget Revis - TOTAL waste of time. Will NEVER happen.

Alex to KC, Browwns seems possible. On the outside a 2nd BUT a 3rd is more likely.

For sure, Trants will milk it.
So glad we are having this dilemma this year, and not the last two years... the demand will be much higher than the past few years...
Originally posted by SJniner7:
So glad we are having this dilemma this year, and not the last two years... the demand will be much higher than the past few years...

oh so true
Share 49ersWebzone