There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chris Ault coming to 49ers?

ctrl ault del
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
We have no need for Chris Ault
Consultant and/or QB coach would be k with me.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
ctrl ault del

You were slow on this one.
Originally posted by JBrack:
Wouldnt be a bad idea to bring him in as a consultant in the off-season. Infact I think its a good idea.

they already visited with Ault when Harbaugh was at Stanford with his crew. and we have Kaep who ran the Pistol from its creation for four years in college. tehres nothing more Ault can teach Harbaugh about it
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Wouldnt be a bad idea to bring him in as a consultant in the off-season. Infact I think its a good idea.

they already visited with Ault when Harbaugh was at Stanford with his crew. and we have Kaep who ran the Pistol from its creation for four years in college. tehres nothing more Ault can teach Harbaugh about it

Ault invented the scheme. Don't you think it might benefit the team to have a creative mind to help evolve it as defenses adjust?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Ault invented the scheme. Don't you think it might benefit the team to have a creative mind to help evolve it as defenses adjust?

Also, it will give Colin continuity with a coach he knows well when Roman leaves. It also gives the staff another offensive mind.
dont we already have a thread for this?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
dont we already have a thread for this?

I think so. Why dig for it, though?
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Also, it will give Colin continuity with a coach he knows well when Roman leaves. It also gives the staff another offensive mind.

everything you said is true as a possibility. but then i feel our offensive staff has done such an excellent job even Ault says hes fascinated watching it play out on the big stage. Its the same as that high school coach who ran the fly sweep. Stanford staff has a day or two visit with him so he can teach them the concept behind that system. Either way we dont run a pure Pistol offense. we run elements of it but with our own twists on it. If were gonna get an offensive coordinator when Roman leaves one of the guys on the staff will be promoted. My money is Chryst. the guy who made the Vernon Post play.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

FYI Ault has never met Harbaugh. Roman came for a day-and-a-half. Since Kaep has been with the 49ers he has not talked to anyone on the SF coaching staff.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
everything you said is true as a possibility. but then i feel our offensive staff has done such an excellent job even Ault says hes fascinated watching it play out on the big stage. Its the same as that high school coach who ran the fly sweep. Stanford staff has a day or two visit with him so he can teach them the concept behind that system. Either way we dont run a pure Pistol offense. we run elements of it but with our own twists on it. If were gonna get an offensive coordinator when Roman leaves one of the guys on the staff will be promoted. My money is Chryst. the guy who made the Vernon Post play.

It's not really worth arguing about. Whatever Harbaugh thinks is best is fine with me.

I do think you make valid points, though.

LOL......so there's no place for a creative offensive mind?

Clearly Ault doesn't know anything about offense besides the Pistol formation, everything else is a complete blank..................................................

Who also was a f**king terrible playcaller with the Chargers.

He's the Mike Lombardi of offensive coordinators, no thanks jeff.
It's a no brainier to bring him in as a consultant. Both for Roman and then for Cryst once he's gone.

Keep him on the payroll and dial him up when needed.