LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 205 users in the forums

Chris Ault coming to 49ers?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Would it be a good idea to bring Ault and his knowledge of the Pistol in as a coach this off season?
No.
Does he want to leave Nevada and be the QB coach and learn the rest of the ropes from Jim and Greg? That would be something. I haven't followed his offense much at Nevada. I don't know what kind of total Xs and Os package he has. It is an intriguing thought as a QB/OC coach for the future. But I can't take it further than that.
Fire Harbaugh. Hire Ault. BOOM
Theres rumblings in reno that he is going to the 9ers. Could be all b******t.
Originally posted by VA49er:
Does he want to leave Nevada and be the QB coach and learn the rest of the ropes from Jim and Greg? That would be something. I haven't followed his offense much at Nevada. I don't know what kind of total Xs and Os package he has. It is an intriguing thought as a QB/OC coach for the future. But I can't take it further than that.

That's what I was thinking. He actually ran a pro set offense until Kaep came in.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

he retired from Nevada
I wonder what Tom Rathman's long-term plan is and if he would be evaluated high by Harbaugh for his ability to become an OC.

He's retired now. He no longer works at Nevada ...
Wouldnt be a bad idea to bring him in as a consultant in the off-season. Infact I think its a good idea.

Jed will hire - Control Ault.
Jed will fire - Delete.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Theres rumblings in reno that he is going to the 9ers. Could be all b******t.

I still believe (despite all the coaching slots filled) a team like the Raiders could pull a 'Dolphins' type move and call Roman up after the Superbowl to see if he'd be legitimately interested. -Doubt we go full pistol though, can't go full-college retard in the NFL, despite your QB's ability to execute it.
Topic title should be re-worded. Seems to imply that the 49ers are thinking about bringing him in.
VERY Smart move to bring him in as a consultant.

1).
Sorry about that.

Benefit 1 - He could further develop the system in our organization making adjustments and tweeks along the way.

Benefit 2 - We'd be taking him off the market from any teams that may want to implement the system for themselves,
Share 49ersWebzone