There are 248 users in the forums

NFL Rule Changes

Shop 49ers game tickets
What do you think the new rule changes will be? Would you like to see things go back to tight coverage - what about taking bad rule changes away? What would you like to see?
[ Edited by TTTT9ers on Jan 19, 2013 at 10:05 AM ]
Wait why did you completely change your post? I thought that video was hilarious.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Take the frickin tuck rule away, lunging at the QB's knees away (Tom Brady rule), excessive celebration rule, and no contact pass 5 yards rule....take all that crap away.

Oh and pass interference should be able challenge.
Take away the damn excessive celebration rule. It's a game of football. It's supposed to be fun. I can't see why a little dancing can take away from the game.
helmet to helmet should be able to be challenged. How many times has a good clean hit been flagged, and the replay showed no helmet contact.

I hate when refs throw a flag when they arent sure.

Also, Pass Interference should be changed to where a little bump or push results in a 15 yard automatic 1st down penalty, but a grab, shove, hold, trip, etc. remains a spot foul.

The current PI rules make it way too big of a game changer when every little arm slap turns into a 65 yard penalty. Its a judgement call already, might as well use some common sense to decide how much the offender is penalized. Right now its almost a good strategy to just throw deep and play for a PI, because almost everything gets called.
Maintain possession of the ball on a TD. The crap where the ball just has to pass the line is stupid.

stopped forward progress

/thread
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Maintain possession of the ball on a TD. The crap where the ball just has to pass the line is stupid.

Gotta disagree with you there. Jerry Rice would probably have 50 fewer career TD's if that was the case.

Gotta disagree with you there. Jerry Rice would probably have 50 fewer career TD's if that was the case.
I expect the Tuck Rule to at least be heavily discussed, if not eliminated.

I also expect they'll alter the challenge rules. As it is, if a coach throws the red flag on a play that is already going to be automatically reviewed they not only get a 15 yard penalty, but then the play is not reviewed. They should at least remove the part where the play doesn't get reviewed.

Originally posted by zillabeast:

Did he just refer to the rule that has been in place forever to "The crap"? lol
Share 49ersWebzone