There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Browns hired Michael Lombardi

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Browns hired Michael Lombardi as their new GM.

I'm happy for him.
I think he would have been a good gm for us.but i'm really happy with Trent.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Update: Michael Lombardi's title in Cleveland will be VP player personnel.
[ Edited by hungarian9erfan on Jan 18, 2013 at 6:08 AM ]
woooow, haven't seen this reported anywhere but if it's true I would like to see how it turns out
[ Edited by 228niner on Jan 18, 2013 at 6:23 AM ]
Guess Alex Smith wont be a Brown
I dont care for him
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Good luck with that Cleveland!
I think he would have been a terrible GM for us.
What's gonna happen to LaCanfora? She's gonna have to eat a lot of ice cream and watch "Romy and Michelle's HS Reunion" about 200 times to get over this break-up. Maybe now she will stop trying to dress like a dude and get back on the treadmill. It's time to find a new boo, Jasika!
Just because his last name is Lombardi doesn't mean he'll bring you a Lombardi.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Just because his last name is Lombardi doesn't mean he'll bring you a Lombardi.

Originally posted by 228niner:
woooow, haven't seen this reported anywhere but if it's true I would like to see how it turns out

True ... just finished watching his Presser on NFLN.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
What's gonna happen to LaCanfora? She's gonna have to eat a lot of ice cream and watch "Romy and Michelle's HS Reunion" about 200 times to get over this break-up. Maybe now she will stop trying to dress like a dude and get back on the treadmill. It's time to find a new boo, Jasika!

Lol
He knows the management and is an easy fit. Not a bad choice for a team trying to steady the ship. Don't care for him as a GM but as a VP of Personnel I don't have a problem. He is not a leader in my opinion but a BS artist with good knowledge.
Nice pick up. Browns will be relevant again in a few years.
I hope he can get that mess turned around.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think he would have been a terrible GM for us.

I'd have to agree with you on this.

If you've ever taken the time to listen to him -- when asked his insight/opinion on anything 49er
related -- his remarks are: next-to never, hardly-ever, in accordance with what is being reported
on, or discussed, with respects to the 49ers.

I don't know if it's sour-grapes or not ... but I'll wager his vision for the team (had he been picked
as the new GM), would not have the 49ers in the position they finds themselves in at present, and
into the future.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home