There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Update: Chip Kelly is Eagles new coach

Originally posted by NowImLost:
"There may be plenty of reasons the Eagles won't draft Geno Smith with the No. 4 overall pick. But Chip Kelly's belief that his offense can thrive without a franchise quarterback suggests that a team with many needs will pass on the West Virginia prospect." - Jeff McLane, Philadelphia Inquirer

This is why he will be a failure. If his coaching philosophy really includes not needing a franchise QB, dude is in for a rude awakening.

I think that is Kelley's way of saying" look we don't have crap for a QB and the draft isn't any better so I will make this work until something better comes along"

Had he said Vick was a franchise QB everyone would laugh at him and say he was crazy, if he said any of this years draft class of QBs had a franchise player he would be laughed at.

What else is he supposed to say?
[ Edited by kingairta on Apr 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM ]
Originally posted by kingairta:
I think that is Kelley's way of saying" look we don't have crap for a QB and the draft isn't any better so I will make this work until something better comes along"

Had he said Vick was a franchise QB everyone would laugh at him and say he was crazy, if he said any of this years draft class of QBs had a franchise player he would be laughed at.

What else is he supposed to say?

If that really is his meaning, then it's fine. However, if his philosophy really is that they don't need a franchise QB for his offense to thrive, then he's going to be an absolute failure.

I fully expect them to draft EJ Manuel at the top of the 2nd, anyways.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
it's true....

Harbaugh 5 years - $25 million
Carroll 5 years - $33 million
Fisher - 5 years - $35 million

And so many out there say our coach has a huge ego. Looking at his earnings would suggest he is more worried about winning then becoming the highest paid coach. I'm not seeing the ego.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000160197/article/oregon-reportedly-admits-to-violation-under-chip-kelly

Hmm!! Pete Carroll part deux!!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214880/article/chip-kellyera-violations-at-oregon-punished-by-ncaa

Seahawks, you have company