There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crazy thought.... Aaron Rodgers was planning to sign with us after his contract ran out.

With the way he is still bothered by us not taking him, and him being disappointed that Colin is now starting instead of Alex.

I'm wondering if he eventually wanted to play for us, if there was an opportunity. Alex had a yearly contract, and Rodger's contract was going to end in 2014. I'm wondering if in the back of his mind if he thought there was going to be a chance for him to sign with us.

But now with Kaep playing well (not Rodgers level) but playing well...and Colin only being in his second year...that might have threw a wrench into Aaron's Cinderella ending.

there have been some articles written about why Aaron should leave the Packers...

There was a recent interview with Rodgers where he said (paraphrasing here) "49ers are the team I hoped to play for"...it was different from other statements by him that came off as past tense...it seemed like he meant in the future still.

this all being said, I'm sure the Packers will offer him the largest contract in league history this offseason......but I'm just thinking crazy thoughts.

I'm a Rodgers fan....I have always liked his confidence, arrogance, smirk, and just his talent...and more importantly his openness about how he is still disappointed that we didn't take him.....I hope we destroy him tomorrow.

I hope Kaep can grow into his own level of talent that others could be compared to.....but its crazy wondering what could've happened a few years from now if Rodgers knew we didn't have a legit QB to open our new stadium.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
With the way he is still bothered by us not taking him, and him being disappointed that Colin is now starting instead of Alex.

I'm wondering if he eventually wanted to play for us, if there was an opportunity. Alex had a yearly contract, and Rodger's contract was going to end in 2014. I'm wondering if in the back of his mind if he thought there was going to be a chance for him to sign with us.

But now with Kaep playing well (not Rodgers level) but playing well...and Colin only being in his second year...that might have threw a wrench into Aaron's Cinderella ending.

there have been some articles written about why Aaron should leave the Packers...

There was a recent interview with Rodgers where he said (paraphrasing here) "49ers are the team I hoped to play for"...it was different from other statements by him that came off as past tense...it seemed like he meant in the future still.

this all being said, I'm sure the Packers will offer him the largest contract in league history this offseason......but I'm just thinking crazy thoughts.

I'm a Rodgers fan....I have always liked his confidence, arrogance, smirk, and just his talent...and more importantly his openness about how he is still disappointed that we didn't take him.....I hope we destroy him tomorrow.

I hope Kaep can grow into his own level of talent that others could be compared to.....but its crazy wondering what could've happened a few years from now if Rodgers knew we didn't have a legit QB to open our new stadium.

If he had any plan to sign with us, I think it would have more to do with being closer to family than it would due him being a childhood fan of the 49ers.
Rodgers owes the Packers for shutting the door on Favre, and he knows that.

Folks, the Packers were 15-1 last season before losing to the eventual Champions. He is 29 years old. If you asked me which franchise will be more successful for the next 5 years, it's a wash. They have the best player at the most important position. They have Michael Jordan or Messi. Huge advantage
Originally posted by Joecool:
If he had any plan to sign with us, I think it would have more to do with being closer to family than it would due him being a childhood fan of the 49ers.

Raiders then?...lol.

no I think it would've been to do to play for his favorite team growing up. Every kid imagines it.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 11, 2013 at 9:23 PM ]
Why hasnt this been locked when meaningful threads are?
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Why hasnt this been locked when meaningful threads are?


seniority.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM ]
Originally posted by dcsham:

There has never been a better post in any forum on any website. Laughed for 2 minutes seeing this.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
There has never been a better post in any forum on any website. Laughed for 2 minutes seeing this.

Ham or Bacon?
Sad to see this thread from a respected vet.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Joecool:
If he had any plan to sign with us, I think it would have more to do with being closer to family than it would due him being a childhood fan of the 49ers.

Raiders then?...lol.

no I think it would've been to do to play for his favorite team growing up. Every kid imagines it.

Good point. I do agree that at some point, the thought of playing for their childhood team has come across every players mind.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Sad to see this thread from a respected vet.

what do you think this thread is about?

edit- Its basically about how crazy it is that there is a chance that Kaep's performance not only ended Alex's career on this team, but might have also prevented Aaron Rodgers from playing here as well.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM ]