LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 375 users in the forums

Crazy thought.... Aaron Rodgers was planning to sign with us after his contract ran out.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • fly15
  • Veteran
lol
By 2014, in this offense, I am hoping Kaep will be playing well enough to quiet this type of talk. I too, however, have always thought that if Rodgers were in a poor situation out there and we were in a favorable one at that juncture that he would definitely pay us a serious visit in free agency if Green Bay would let him reach that point. Thing is, I highly doubt the Pack would let him sniff free agency and then with this new CBA, they could always franchise him multiple times until he signed on the dotted line
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Sad to see this thread from a respected vet.

what do you think this thread is about?

edit- Its basically about how crazy it is that there is a chance that Kaep's performance not only ended Alex's career on this team, but might have also prevented Aaron Rodgers from playing here as well.

The only way Aaron Rodgers would have left Green Bay is if Brett Favre somehow didn't retire when he did... back in 2008. It's possible Rodgers would have requested a trade if McCarthy and Thompson had allowed Favre to return to the team after he announced his retirement.

If you think the Packers would have let Aaron Rodgers go, for any reason, after they won the Super Bowl in 2010, you're extremely naive.

If you think Aaron Rodgers, for any reason, would have left the Packers after winning the Super Bowl in 2010, you're extremely naive.

Colin Kaepernick's successes or failures have absolutely nothing to do with Aaron Rodgers' career.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jan 11, 2013 at 10:14 PM ]
Originally posted by KEGster:

Some of the best photoshopping I've seen in a long time.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KEGster:

LMAO great stuff.....
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Why hasnt this been locked when meaningful threads are?

seniority.

Naw, this should be locked.

Originally posted by dcsham:

i was drinking a beer when scrolling down and ended up spitting beer all over my couch when i saw this lol
No way Rodgers even smells free agency, he will be franchised right away. By the time it comes, the cap will raise more each year, making it easier to keep your own stars in house.
Even if they didn't franchise him, which they would, two words:

salary cap.
Kaep > Rodgers

In terms of height.

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Why hasnt this been locked when meaningful threads are?

seniority.

How is "seniority" relevant lmao. Suppose a senior member makes a thread about the possibility of cheerleaders being topless for all NFL games. Does that mean I shouldn't expect the thread to be locked?
Originally posted by goodthings19:
How is "seniority" relevant lmao. Suppose a senior member makes a thread about the possibility of cheerleaders being topless for all NFL games. Does that mean I shouldn't expect the thread to be locked?

They should start with Miami or San Diego
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Kaep > Rodgers

In terms of height.

and foot speed, vertical and tattoos
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Kaep > Rodgers

In terms of height.

and foot speed, vertical and tattoos

Kap also has a better fast ball.
Why not, we may need a backup qb in the future.
Share 49ersWebzone