There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

RGIII Report

• titan
  • Veteran
He was limping beginning of the game! See the big a$$ brace on his leg?! What did you think that was for? That last injury he had was due to a crappy a$$ field that's how he tore his ACL/MCL. The previous scrambles that he had he was hurt but he had no tears. You clearly saw his leg buckle and went sideways when he planted to the ground.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
He def won't be playing next season if he needs surgery.

That would be the mother-of-all sophomore slumps.
Stupid f**king coaches...........
Originally posted by titan:
He was limping beginning of the game! See the big a$$ brace on his leg?! What did you think that was for? That last injury he had was due to a crappy a$$ field that's how he tore his ACL/MCL. The previous scrambles that he had he was hurt but he had no tears. You clearly saw his leg buckle and went sideways when he planted to the ground.

Partially torn ACL and LCL. If that´s true he got lucky, this way he should be ready to go in 6-8 weeks instead of 8-10 months.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Any new news on Griffin III?
Originally posted by JeuSF49:

Partially torn ACL and LCL. If that´s true he got lucky, this way he should be ready to go in 6-8 weeks instead of 8-10 months.

I dunno. Partial tears aren't much better then actual tears. Those things don't heal cleanly.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by JeuSF49:

I dunno. Partial tears aren't much better then actual tears. Those things don't heal cleanly.

ACL tears don't heal on their own. He'll need to have that stitched up and secured.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
ACL tears don't heal on their own. He'll need to have that stitched up and secured.

in complete tears, dont they use tendon from elsewhere in the body to replace the torn ligament all together?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

in complete tears, dont they use tendon from elsewhere in the body to replace the torn ligament all together?

Yeah, they replace it with a ligament from the leg.

Sometimes they replace it with one from a cadaver, like D Rose did. I believe it depends on the extent of the damage to the knee and each option offers different advantages/disadvantages.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smacII:

Sometimes they replace it with one from a cadaver, like D Rose did. I believe it depends on the extent of the damage to the knee and each option offers different advantages/disadvantages.

This. I think if a partial tear requires surgery they use a tendon or ligament from somewhere else in your body and full tears they usually opt for a cadaver ligament before they take one from elsewhere in your body.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by smacII:

This. I think if a partial tear requires surgery they use a tendon or ligament from somewhere else in your body and full tears they usually opt for a cadaver ligament before they take one from elsewhere in your body.

Yeah, sounds right.
Originally posted by schmons:
RIP RG3

I really hope not... I am a huge Niner fan, but went to Baylor University and followed RG3 throughout his years there. The guy is really fun to watch and I wish him the best. Besides, I hate the Cowboys so now I have an extra reason to cheer for the 'skins when they play them!
  • titan
  • Veteran
I hope he has a full recovery, I really would like to see his full potential.
Yahoo reporting he may not play all of 2013.

Holy f**k.