There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Report: Browns restart search without Kelly - Kelly to stay at Oregon

Originally posted by vrabbit:
horrible fit with Weeden, and is honestly not that great of a fit for Richardson either, I've hated this scenario since it was rumored, will be yet another fail for Cleveland

Not a good fit for Weeden but I'm sure that the chance to get Chip Kelly was worth it. I expect the Browns to draft another QB in the mid rounds and possibly move Weeden. Cleveland needed to do something bold and this was it.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Weeden to Arizona? I'd think so if Shurmur got hired as OC?
I think Chip can alter his offense some to make it work with the players they have there.
good hire for publicity and excitement.

However, he will fail. It starts at the top and these patchwork solutions that the Browns are attempting is pitiful. They need TALENT.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
horrible fit with Weeden, and is honestly not that great of a fit for Richardson either, I've hated this scenario since it was rumored, will be yet another fail for Cleveland

Not a good fit for Weeden but I'm sure that the chance to get Chip Kelly was worth it. I expect the Browns to draft another QB in the mid rounds and possibly move Weeden. Cleveland needed to do something bold and this was it.

well they aint tied to Weeden Im sure they can get someone else and maybe trade him.
I can see Chip's attraction to the Brown's gig

Cleveland is a paradise. How many coaches have gone there to die?
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jan 4, 2013 at 5:28 PM ]
  • IT21
lol Chip Kelly

this is why the Browns always suck. they hire guys like Eric Mangini, Pat Shurmer, and Chip Kelly and fire their coaches every 2 years
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
lol Chip Kelly

this is why the Browns always suck. they hire guys like Eric Mangini, Pat Shurmer, and Chip Kelly and fire their coaches every 2 years

I would much rather hire Kelly than some retread NFL coach that has been fired elsewhere. If I was Cleveland I would rather take a shot on him than someone like Todd Haley or Lovie Smith.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
good hire for publicity and excitement.

However, he will fail. It starts at the top and these patchwork solutions that the Browns are attempting is pitiful. They need TALENT.

New owner and he's gotta be more committed to winning than the last owners. They got some really good young talent there and its a step in the right direction. I think Kelly will be a good NFL coach.
It's going to be very interesting to see how Kelly will adjust his offensive schemes in Cleveland to their current talent. On paper it seems like Cleveland's current roster is a bad match for his schemes and Philapdelphia would have been a better match, atleast in relation schematically to the existing personel. So either big changes are coming in Cleveland or big changes are coming to Chip Kelly's offensive approach. Either way it will be fun to watch it all unfold.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
It's going to be very interesting to see how Kelly will adjust his offensive schemes in Cleveland to their current talent. On paper it seems like Cleveland's current roster is a bad match for his schemes and Philapdelphia would have been a better match, atleast in relation schematically to the existing personel. So either big changes are coming in Cleveland or big changes are coming to Chip Kelly's offensive approach. Either way it will be fun to watch it all unfold.

I agree that Philly would have been the better match given McCoy, DJax, Maclin, and possibly Vick.. I think you will see the Browns draft a mobile QB as well as some quick playmakers and it is going to take more than 1 draft to get this team over the hump. Still... like the move.
Somebody start the thread for 2015 Cleveland possible coaching hires
Report: Colt McCoy has been told he's in Chip Kelly's plans: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/04/report-colt-mccoy-has-been-told-hes-in-chip-kellys-plans/
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

This isnt the Lakers
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

This isnt the Lakers

Speaking of the lakers: haha