Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Hopefully we find a sucker like the Cards and Raiders the last2 years
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimrat:
Hopefully we find a sucker like the Cards and Raiders the last2 years

I can't see Andy Reid doing it, he loves his picks. I really hope Smith goes to KC I think Andy Reid would be the right coach for him. My guess is Smith would love to go to the Raiders and stay in the Bay Area, but I don't think Dennis Allen is a good coach for him.
Anyone spend much time watching Syracuse? I'm wondering if Alex would fit in the offense w/Buffalo's new coach.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Jan 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Anyone spend much time watching Syracuse? I'm wondering if Alex would in the offense w/Buffalo's new coach.

He developed some nobody QB who looked pretty decent in his offense
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
As a passer no doubt, but believe what you will. So are you one of the ones that wants to take my bet.

Palmer is not even remotely close to Ben in any way shape or form. SO.. what bet?

Like I said you will believe what you will. So your gonna sit there and measure his greatness off of SB wins, and your gonna tell me he won those by himself? I'm not saying Big Ben isn't elite, but Palmer has had some better years then Ben. But again, we are side tracking from the point I'm making. You wanna win this argument OK your the winner. But like I said, I would bet any of you that Alex Smith won't be traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Someone wants to laugh cause I said a $100 itunes card but still doesn't have the guts to accept my friendly wager.

Never said he won those by himself. He made one of the most amazing clutch throws in SB history though to beat Arizona. Ben has been a great QB in this league for many years. Palmer has a couple of very good years but when he was traded he was not close to elite. The Raiders are just a stupid organization.

I dont think the Niners will get a 2nd rd pick but a 3rd rounder is a possibility. Getting a starting QB who has a cheap contract is easily worth a 3rd.
Whoever gives us anything good for Alex is an idiot

Unless they trade for harbaugh and some of our defensive players too
Originally posted by RonMexico:

49ers : " we want a 2nd rounder for Smith"
NFL teams : " does he. Come as a package with Harbaugh?"
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by RonMexico:

49ers : " we want a 2nd rounder for Smith"
NFL teams : " does he. Come as a package with Harbaugh?"

LulZ
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Anyone spend much time watching Syracuse? I'm wondering if Alex would fit in the offense w/Buffalo's new coach.

Just look up Ryan Nassib's highlights and make a judgement there.
personally i see alex going to the jets and join norv turner esp if gamble goes there as well.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
As a passer no doubt, but believe what you will. So are you one of the ones that wants to take my bet.

Palmer is not even remotely close to Ben in any way shape or form. SO.. what bet?

Like I said you will believe what you will. So your gonna sit there and measure his greatness off of SB wins, and your gonna tell me he won those by himself? I'm not saying Big Ben isn't elite, but Palmer has had some better years then Ben. But again, we are side tracking from the point I'm making. You wanna win this argument OK your the winner. But like I said, I would bet any of you that Alex Smith won't be traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Someone wants to laugh cause I said a $100 itunes card but still doesn't have the guts to accept my friendly wager.

Never said he won those by himself. He made one of the most amazing clutch throws in SB history though to beat Arizona. Ben has been a great QB in this league for many years. Palmer has a couple of very good years but when he was traded he was not close to elite. The Raiders are just a stupid organization.

I dont think the Niners will get a 2nd rd pick but a 3rd rounder is a possibility. Getting a starting QB who has a cheap contract is easily worth a 3rd.

3rd round pick and taking on the rest of Smith's contract which is somewhere around 20 mil, I don't think so.
Unless the player is elite status in the NFL, Randy Moss 10 years ago, Carson Palmer 2 years ago, you won't see no 2nd or 3rd round picks being thrown around. Again, wishful thinking. Trust me, I'd love to be proven wrong.....I would love it!!!

Carson Palmer was elite? WOW

So who would you consider elite back in 2010??

Elite? Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees,, Big Ben, Eli (close) Palmer wouldnt compare in his wildest dreams to these guys,

LOL Big Ben was the number 18th ranked passer back in 2010. If you consider that then Palmer was elite back then.

2 SB wins. Great player. I think greatness is not just measured on stats. SO, you think Palmer was better than Ben then? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Originally posted by titan:

I'm keeping a watch on this! 2nd or 3rd for Alex not going to happen.

Trust me I'd love to lose, cause that would mean our 9ers get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Just like when I bet, I bet against my 9ers....if my 9ers lose I win cash, if my 9ers win, its like I paid for a win. It would be the same thing as going to a 9ers game, I spend close to $100 when I did go to the games.....that was when 49erJim didn't hook me up with tickets of course.

Pete Kolohe? Eff that never bet against my team, if the matchup is not favorable then don't bet period. You should have your Mod privilages removed.
3rd round pick and taking on the rest of Smith's contract which is somewhere around 20 mil, I don't think so.

His salary is a bargain for a quality starting quarterback. I think people are drastically either overrating or underrating his value here. I'd say an early-mid 4th round pick for Alex Smith is just about right.

Just look up Ryan Nassib's highlights and make a judgement there.

Actually looks like a great fit, scheme-wise. Man, Nassib looked crappy against USC
Share 49ersWebzone