There are 678 users in the forums
Bills targeting QB Alex Smith?
Jan 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM
- NinerTy
- Veteran
- Posts: 843
Check it out. in 2005 when we drafted AS instead of taking AR, supposedly, there were not any "quality qb's" in the draft where we could not trade down and get value in return. Therefore, the two aforementioned qb's were the only two "quality" qb's available (who knew AR would have a SB now). So now, we have an opportunity to trade him (AS) and possibly pickup some value that we could have gotten further down in the draft that year (D Ware-Dallas #11, R White-Atl #27, H Miller-Pitt #30). How friggin' ironic would that be? Especially after we win the bloomin' SB this year!!
Jan 5, 2013 at 7:08 PM
- communist
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,475
Originally posted by Kolohe:Lol at you thinking that Palmer was elite in 2010...Lol² at you that your argument is based on his stats. Palmer/2010 was THE proof that stats alone are irrelevant...too many of them were produced during garbage time whereas he made too little when the score was tight/the game was not decided yet.
As a passer no doubt, but believe what you will. So are you one of the ones that wants to take my bet.
Jan 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM
- Ninerjohn
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,444
Originally posted by Kolohe:
As a passer no doubt, but believe what you will. So are you one of the ones that wants to take my bet.
Palmer is not even remotely close to Ben in any way shape or form. SO.. what bet?
Jan 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM
- PTulini
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,412
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Unless the player is elite status in the NFL, Randy Moss 10 years ago, Carson Palmer 2 years ago, you won't see no 2nd or 3rd round picks being thrown around. Again, wishful thinking. Trust me, I'd love to be proven wrong.....I would love it!!!
Carson Plamer was never elite, and that was certainly true two years ago.
Oh come on, Palmer was an elite QB in 2006 and 2007, went to the Pro Bowl twice. His name upheld and that's what the Raiders paid for.
No, two words: AL DAVIS. Come to think of it, that might have been after AL? But still, that was the old regime.
Why do you people continue to deny and make excuses, fact is Palmer was a Pro Bowl QB, who was a household name that was traded for high picks.
You mentioned two years ago, then 2006-2007. There's a big difference there.
Well he was the number 6 ranked passer in 2010, needed 3 more yards to make 4,000 if it makes you feel better which it probably doesn't because people in here find it hard to agree with one another. I'd love to bet any of you that Smith doesn't get traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick...any takers?? $100 itunes gift card says he doesn't, again any takers??
A gift card?
I'm not placing any bets. I think we can get a 3rd-4th round pick for Alex. Maybe a combination of picks?
Jan 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Kolohe:Lol at you thinking that Palmer was elite in 2010...Lol² at you that your argument is based on his stats. Palmer/2010 was THE proof that stats alone are irrelevant...too many of them were produced during garbage time whereas he made too little when the score was tight/the game was not decided yet.
As a passer no doubt, but believe what you will. So are you one of the ones that wants to take my bet.
OK whatever you people win is that what would make you guys feel better knowing that you were right.

So back to my bet if you guys think Alex Smith with be traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
Jan 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Unless the player is elite status in the NFL, Randy Moss 10 years ago, Carson Palmer 2 years ago, you won't see no 2nd or 3rd round picks being thrown around. Again, wishful thinking. Trust me, I'd love to be proven wrong.....I would love it!!!
Carson Plamer was never elite, and that was certainly true two years ago.
Oh come on, Palmer was an elite QB in 2006 and 2007, went to the Pro Bowl twice. His name upheld and that's what the Raiders paid for.
No, two words: AL DAVIS. Come to think of it, that might have been after AL? But still, that was the old regime.
Why do you people continue to deny and make excuses, fact is Palmer was a Pro Bowl QB, who was a household name that was traded for high picks.
You mentioned two years ago, then 2006-2007. There's a big difference there.
Well he was the number 6 ranked passer in 2010, needed 3 more yards to make 4,000 if it makes you feel better which it probably doesn't because people in here find it hard to agree with one another. I'd love to bet any of you that Smith doesn't get traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick...any takers?? $100 itunes gift card says he doesn't, again any takers??
A gift card?I'm not placing any bets. I think we can get a 3rd-4th round pick for Alex. Maybe a combination of picks?
My god ok 100 bucks what, I mean this is a friendly wager, if you wanna go a grand I'd do that too. Whadda ya say PT??
To the bold -- That's what I thought.
Jan 6, 2013 at 2:15 AM
- marshulk
- Veteran
- Posts: 45,242
He would be traded for a 4th at BEST. I can see a 5th but would accept a 6th. And Alex is my dude.
Jan 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM
- 9erfanAUS
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,281
He'll go into FA. I don't think Alex is that hot of a commodity to be traded for.
Jan 6, 2013 at 8:03 AM
- WRATHman44
- Staff
- Posts: 16,956
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
He'll go into FA. I don't think Alex is that hot of a commodity to be traded for.
No chance. They'll trade him for peanuts before they let him go to a division rival (AZ).
Jan 6, 2013 at 8:04 AM
- A-broken-Mir
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,145
Bills must enjoy being s**tty
Jan 6, 2013 at 8:42 AM
- LifelongNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,763
I wonder what are the effects on their cap if they were to dump Ryan Fitzpatrick this early on.
Jan 6, 2013 at 8:51 AM
- niners94
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,650
Career suicide for Smith. I would avoid them at all cost.
Jan 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
As a passer no doubt, but believe what you will. So are you one of the ones that wants to take my bet.
Palmer is not even remotely close to Ben in any way shape or form. SO.. what bet?
Like I said you will believe what you will. So your gonna sit there and measure his greatness off of SB wins, and your gonna tell me he won those by himself? I'm not saying Big Ben isn't elite, but Palmer has had some better years then Ben. But again, we are side tracking from the point I'm making. You wanna win this argument OK your the winner. But like I said, I would bet any of you that Alex Smith won't be traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Someone wants to laugh cause I said a $100 itunes card but still doesn't have the guts to accept my friendly wager.
Jan 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM
- titan
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,292
Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by Ninerjohn:Originally posted by Kolohe:As a passer no doubt, but believe what you will. So are you one of the ones that wants to take my bet.
Palmer is not even remotely close to Ben in any way shape or form. SO.. what bet?
Like I said you will believe what you will. So your gonna sit there and measure his greatness off of SB wins, and your gonna tell me he won those by himself? I'm not saying Big Ben isn't elite, but Palmer has had some better years then Ben. But again, we are side tracking from the point I'm making. You wanna win this argument OK your the winner. But like I said, I would bet any of you that Alex Smith won't be traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Someone wants to laugh cause I said a $100 itunes card but still doesn't have the guts to accept my friendly wager.
I'm keeping a watch on this! 2nd or 3rd for Alex not going to happen.
Jan 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
As a passer no doubt, but believe what you will. So are you one of the ones that wants to take my bet.
Palmer is not even remotely close to Ben in any way shape or form. SO.. what bet?
Like I said you will believe what you will. So your gonna sit there and measure his greatness off of SB wins, and your gonna tell me he won those by himself? I'm not saying Big Ben isn't elite, but Palmer has had some better years then Ben. But again, we are side tracking from the point I'm making. You wanna win this argument OK your the winner. But like I said, I would bet any of you that Alex Smith won't be traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Someone wants to laugh cause I said a $100 itunes card but still doesn't have the guts to accept my friendly wager.
I'm keeping a watch on this! 2nd or 3rd for Alex not going to happen.
Trust me I'd love to lose, cause that would mean our 9ers get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Just like when I bet, I bet against my 9ers....if my 9ers lose I win cash, if my 9ers win, its like I paid for a win. It would be the same thing as going to a 9ers game, I spend close to $100 when I did go to the games.....that was when 49erJim didn't hook me up with tickets of course.
