Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bills targeting QB Alex Smith?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Unless the player is elite status in the NFL, Randy Moss 10 years ago, Carson Palmer 2 years ago, you won't see no 2nd or 3rd round picks being thrown around. Again, wishful thinking. Trust me, I'd love to be proven wrong.....I would love it!!!

Carson Palmer was elite? WOW

So who would you consider elite back in 2010??

Elite? Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees,, Big Ben, Eli (close) Palmer wouldnt compare in his wildest dreams to these guys,

LOL Big Ben was the number 18th ranked passer back in 2010. If you consider that then Palmer was elite back then.

2 SB wins. Great player. I think greatness is not just measured on stats. SO, you think Palmer was better than Ben then? LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Most we would get outta him I believe is a 6th or 7th round pick, or maybe even a 2014 5th round pick. But no way would we get a 3rd for him, wishful thinking.

I think we could get a 3rd. It isn't likely, but it is possible.

Anyone thinking the Bills are gonna trade their first with ours because we're giving them Alex as well is wishful thinking.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Unless the player is elite status in the NFL, Randy Moss 10 years ago, Carson Palmer 2 years ago, you won't see no 2nd or 3rd round picks being thrown around. Again, wishful thinking. Trust me, I'd love to be proven wrong.....I would love it!!!

Carson Palmer was elite? WOW

So who would you consider elite back in 2010??

Elite? Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees,, Big Ben, Eli (close) Palmer wouldnt compare in his wildest dreams to these guys,

LOL Big Ben was the number 18th ranked passer back in 2010. If you consider that then Palmer was elite back then.

2 SB wins. Great player. I think greatness is not just measured on stats. SO, you think Palmer was better than Ben then? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

As a passer no doubt, but believe what you will. So are you one of the ones that wants to take my bet.
Check it out. in 2005 when we drafted AS instead of taking AR, supposedly, there were not any "quality qb's" in the draft where we could not trade down and get value in return. Therefore, the two aforementioned qb's were the only two "quality" qb's available (who knew AR would have a SB now). So now, we have an opportunity to trade him (AS) and possibly pickup some value that we could have gotten further down in the draft that year (D Ware-Dallas #11, R White-Atl #27, H Miller-Pitt #30). How friggin' ironic would that be? Especially after we win the bloomin' SB this year!!
As a passer no doubt, but believe what you will. So are you one of the ones that wants to take my bet.
Lol at you thinking that Palmer was elite in 2010...Lol² at you that your argument is based on his stats. Palmer/2010 was THE proof that stats alone are irrelevant...too many of them were produced during garbage time whereas he made too little when the score was tight/the game was not decided yet.

Palmer is not even remotely close to Ben in any way shape or form. SO.. what bet?
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Carson Plamer was never elite, and that was certainly true two years ago.

Oh come on, Palmer was an elite QB in 2006 and 2007, went to the Pro Bowl twice. His name upheld and that's what the Raiders paid for.

No, two words: AL DAVIS. Come to think of it, that might have been after AL? But still, that was the old regime.

Why do you people continue to deny and make excuses, fact is Palmer was a Pro Bowl QB, who was a household name that was traded for high picks.

You mentioned two years ago, then 2006-2007. There's a big difference there.

Well he was the number 6 ranked passer in 2010, needed 3 more yards to make 4,000 if it makes you feel better which it probably doesn't because people in here find it hard to agree with one another. I'd love to bet any of you that Smith doesn't get traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick...any takers?? $100 itunes gift card says he doesn't, again any takers??

A gift card? I'm not placing any bets. I think we can get a 3rd-4th round pick for Alex. Maybe a combination of picks?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by communist:
Lol at you thinking that Palmer was elite in 2010...Lol² at you that your argument is based on his stats. Palmer/2010 was THE proof that stats alone are irrelevant...too many of them were produced during garbage time whereas he made too little when the score was tight/the game was not decided yet.

OK whatever you people win is that what would make you guys feel better knowing that you were right.

So back to my bet if you guys think Alex Smith with be traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Carson Plamer was never elite, and that was certainly true two years ago.

Oh come on, Palmer was an elite QB in 2006 and 2007, went to the Pro Bowl twice. His name upheld and that's what the Raiders paid for.

No, two words: AL DAVIS. Come to think of it, that might have been after AL? But still, that was the old regime.

Why do you people continue to deny and make excuses, fact is Palmer was a Pro Bowl QB, who was a household name that was traded for high picks.

You mentioned two years ago, then 2006-2007. There's a big difference there.

Well he was the number 6 ranked passer in 2010, needed 3 more yards to make 4,000 if it makes you feel better which it probably doesn't because people in here find it hard to agree with one another. I'd love to bet any of you that Smith doesn't get traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick...any takers?? $100 itunes gift card says he doesn't, again any takers??

A gift card? I'm not placing any bets. I think we can get a 3rd-4th round pick for Alex. Maybe a combination of picks?

My god ok 100 bucks what, I mean this is a friendly wager, if you wanna go a grand I'd do that too. Whadda ya say PT??

To the bold -- That's what I thought.
He would be traded for a 4th at BEST. I can see a 5th but would accept a 6th. And Alex is my dude.
He'll go into FA. I don't think Alex is that hot of a commodity to be traded for.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
He'll go into FA. I don't think Alex is that hot of a commodity to be traded for.

No chance. They'll trade him for peanuts before they let him go to a division rival (AZ).
Bills must enjoy being s**tty
I wonder what are the effects on their cap if they were to dump Ryan Fitzpatrick this early on.
Career suicide for Smith. I would avoid them at all cost.