There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Andy Reid Close to Chiefs Deal

I called it 2 months ago that he and Vick will be in KC.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
lol cards lol

Cardinals are truly Charlie Brown with Lucy always pulling the football. Last night on the news here it was all active discussion about how the offense would look under Andy Reid.
All this coaching talk brings back memories of when we were all on Harbaugh watch. Very stressful times...
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
All this coaching talk brings back memories of when we were all on Harbaugh watch. Very stressful times...

lol. i remember when he flew out to miami to interview, this place was on suicide watch.
Reid demoted Vick in Philly, no way in the world that Vick would sign with the Chiefs.

Alex would be a logical chioce.

KC has a solid RB, TE and WR.
Reid's system is very QB friendly, he revived Garcia's career, Kolb got a fat contract due to his play in Philly, revived Vick's career.

With that they could afford either to draft a QB and not play him immediatley, or go with another position ( OT? ).
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Reid demoted Vick in Philly, no way in the world that Vick would sign with the Chiefs.

Reid's system is very QB friendly, he revived Garcia's career, Kolb got a fat contract due to his play in Philly, revived Vick's career.

With that they could afford either to draft a QB and not play him immediatley, or go with another position ( OT? ).

he demoted Vick once they were already out of the playoffs. Week 8/9 or so right?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Reid is a solid coach and could the Chiefs closer to the playoffs than some may think... They do have talent, just need proper coaching & they have the top pick which would lead me to believe they would take a QB. Here's to Andy doing well
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by JeuSF49:

he demoted Vick once they were already out of the playoffs. Week 8/9 or so right?

They could sign Alex as stop gap, trade out of the #1 slot, draft the best available LT and draft Tyler Wilson in the back end of round 1 or early round 2. Develop him behind Alex.

That way Reid can buy himself a few years by saying "You have to give me enough time to develop my guy" -- Pretty much guarantees him a 3 year stay at minimum, especially because Alex is so efficient I doubt they do worse then a 7 win season next year, especially if they keep Bowe, Baldwin progresses and they can get some defensive help by trading down and out of the #1 spot.

The Cards at #7 and Bills at #8 are viable trade partners that might be desperate enough to trade up to #1 for a QB. Only problem is none of the top QBs look to be worth the same haul that Washington gave up to get RG3.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

lol. i remember when he flew out to miami to interview, this place was on suicide watch.

I have to admit that I was guilty of hitting the panic button when that went down. It didn't help that a lot of sportswriters were claiming victory for Miami in the Harbaugh sweepstakes. The life of a fan right?
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I have to admit that I was guilty of hitting the panic button when that went down. It didn't help that a lot of sportswriters were claiming victory for Miami in the Harbaugh sweepstakes. The life of a fan right?

It was a very funny time!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason

KC BBQ restaurants release statement welcoming Andy Reid: "The void left by Whitlock's move west has finally been filled. Thanks, Clark."
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
lol cards lol

lol theyre interviewing Todd Haley

I wonder who the QB of the Cheifswill be next year

If this happens. It will be the only jersey that I have ever purchased that isnt a Niners Jersey.
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
lol cards lol

If this happens. It will be the only jersey that I have ever purchased that isnt a Niners Jersey.

ever since we traded Montana to the chiefs, they just love bringing in everyone's backups.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If Alex Smith went to KC under Reid, oh boy watch out for KC next year. They got a good team already all they needed was the right HC and QB. They got a decent enough defense to back up Smith. So if Reid and Smith happen I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 9-7 or 10-6 at best.
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
lol cards lol

So ur gonna buy an Alex Smith Chiefs jersey? lulz