LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Ray Lewis to retire after playoffs

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I was leaning toward picking the Colts but this seals it, Ravens win and if they get to go to NE again, I give them a good shot to win that one also. At Denver would probably be too tough. Not that I think Denver is better than NE, but they match up with the Ravens a lot better.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Meh, it's about time. I could see him joining our coaching staff as a LB coach or assistant down the road...assuming he'd rather do that instead of being a sports commentator.

watching the "A Football Life' episode on him, i got the sense that he wants more family time. but who knows, after a year away, he might miss the spotlight.

Didn't catch that, family time makes sense, but he seems to be a competitive guy, seems the type to coach in some capacity after he's had enough time off.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Meh, it's about time. I could see him joining our coaching staff as a LB coach or assistant down the road...assuming he'd rather do that instead of being a sports commentator.

watching the "A Football Life' episode on him, i got the sense that he wants more family time. but who knows, after a year away, he might miss the spotlight.

Didn't catch that, family time makes sense, but he seems to be a competitive guy, seems the type to coach in some capacity after he's had enough time off.

that was a good episode, also captured his competitive nature for sure. but i agree, wouldn't doubt he goes into coaching eventually.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM ]
they said he wants to watch is son play football at The U

so he will likely work for ESPN since they are located on East Coast
  • Paul
  • Veteran
dude has played for such a long time... I think this is right for him to do at this point, especially considering how injury prone he's been this year. Great, great player.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Time for Bowman to take over as the Best MLB in the game

He'll have to pass Willis first.
He already did

Lol good one lol
Ray Ray is the man.

Bummed to see him go, he truly played with passion and was an amaing player. Cant wait to hear his HOF speech in 5 yrs
I don't know if he's the Greatest MLB of all time. There are others in the conversation. Butkus, Nithchke come to mind.

But he is the best in the last 10 years for sure.

Not only the best in the last 10 BUT he's an original - he brought something unique to the game and his team.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I don't know if he's the Greatest MLB of all time. There are others in the conversation. Butkus, Nithchke come to mind.

But he is the best in the last 10 years for sure.

Not only the best in the last 10 BUT he's an original - he brought something unique to the game and his team.

Last 20 years bro.

#maddencurse

one of the best motivators in the sports history.
Ravens have no option this offseason to replace Lewis. There only play is to trade up to the top 10 and take Manti Te'o.
Damn Ray really timed this one, that Ravens team will be on a emotional drive now. Ravens just got harder to beat.
I can not wait for his speech for the HOF FWIW IMO
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Ravens have no option this offseason to replace Lewis. There only play is to trade up to the top 10 and take Manti Te'o.

Share 49ersWebzone