There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***NFL Wild Card Playoff Weekend Thread***

Schuab is chump
Originally posted by Niners99:
Watching guys like Schaub and Romo, you realize how fortunate we are to have a budding young QB like Kaepernick. 7 games into his career, and CK is already looking like a winner that can go into harsh road games in big spots and get it done. The Texas teams have been sticking with overrated mediocre QB's for years, and theyre never quite good enough.

Houston also has Yates on the bench, who looked pretty decent as a rookie last year
Originally posted by Jcool:
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons

Wow, Schaub is killing the Texans. And Kubiak is coaching scared. If gambling were legal I'd take the Bengals at halftime.

lol Simmons is addicted to gambling. He just cant admit it, or even talk about it because of his job.
Man I love playoff football...especially a stress free WC Weekend.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Watching guys like Schaub and Romo, you realize how fortunate we are to have a budding young QB like Kaepernick. 7 games into his career, and CK is already looking like a winner that can go into harsh road games in big spots and get it done. The Texas teams have been sticking with overrated mediocre QB's for years, and theyre never quite good enough.

Houston also has Yates on the bench, who looked pretty decent as a rookie last year

Yates is just a backup IMO. If he had real potential hed be playing and Schaub would be elsewhere.
question is what wc team do we want to beat atl so we can have the championship game in sf?

Yates is just a backup IMO. If he had real potential hed be playing and Schaub would be elsewhere.

Schaub just had a pro bowl year.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Man I love playoff football...especially a stress free WC Weekend.

Normally a bye week could mean rust, but between the Niners desperate need for some rest, and the fact that we had to fight down to the last week to win the division, I think we'll be ready.
Dalton is getting ZERO help from his receivers.
Marvin J !!!

He was a pro bowler because of yardage, but thats just from a million attempts.

I guess Yates is still a bit raw, I just feel like hes more of a "we'll see" type guy, not a "waiting in the wings" type guy. i could be wrong.
  • IT21

he never plays well in big games though
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
question is what wc team do we want to beat atl so we can have the championship game in sf?

Best case scenario:

GB beats MIN

WAS beats SEA

SF beats GB

WAS beats ATL

SF vs. WAS NFC champ game.

Highly unlikely, but thats the hope. I want no part of the Seahawks.

He was a pro bowler because of yardage, but thats just from a million attempts.

I guess Yates is still a bit raw, I just feel like hes more of a "we'll see" type guy, not a "waiting in the wings" type guy. i could be wrong.

Yates did a good job as a rookie to "manage" a playoff win last year in the wild card round.

Schaub also had 527 yard 5 TD game. Against Jax, but impressive in the NFL regardless.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

he never plays well in big games though

Yeah, they need to limit him and let Foster and the defense win the game.