There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ricky Jean Francois

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Hearing there's no movement between 49ers and extension for DL Ricky Jean Francois. He could be a hot unrestricted free agent on March 12.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Hearing there's no movement between 49ers and extension for DL Ricky Jean Francois. He could be a hot unrestricted free agent on March 12.

If he's gonna price himself out of our range, I'd rather sign a vet like Seymour and draft a few young studs to groom the next couple years. RJF has shown flashes, but I trust the Niners management on this one.
Yet another reason why we will need those draft picks. We can't afford to keep everyone and RJF may be one of those guys we have to let walk. I suppose this brings Delanie Walker to the top of the FA list. I don't mind replacing a few vets and/or starters, but it would not be wise to let every key FA leave.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Yet another reason why we will need those draft picks. We can't afford to keep everyone and RJF may be one of those guys we have to let walk. I suppose this brings Delanie Walker to the top of the FA list. I don't mind replacing a few vets and/or starters, but it would not be wise to let every key FA leave.

Very good points. Perhaps we can get a late round DT gem like RJF was, because, IMHO, if we have to let RJF walk to make a solid bid for Walker then I would be in favor of that.
I like RJF but tbh I am in favor of letting most our fa's walk. I think we can resign Soap for decent money. I prefer RJF but he is going to be a hot commodity and price himself out of our range. I have heard his name linked to 3-4 different teams. Delanie is good, but not and I wouldn't mind seeing him walk. I like Grant but dudes a starter so he will go, Goldson is asking too much imo. The rest I am meh.

I could see losing 10 FA's this year and releasing Akers making 11 positions to fill.

I prefer to sign Goldson, but not for anything more than 6.5-7m a season. I prefer to keep Grant. I prefer to keep RJF but for a friendly contract and if not then Soap at a slightly friendlier contract. The rest can go, I would not tender the restricted fa's.
I agree with above. Soap will probably re-sign. At his age there probably won't be a high demand for him. He won't want to move his family for a couple 100Ks? They will probably draft and groom his replacement.
RJF was ok but couldn't really make plays when given a shot.

He was often getting blown up and not maintaining his gap very well.
He's been on Twitter regularly counting down until the start of Free Agency.

Ricky Jean Francois‏

@Freakyjean95: #MadHouse MidNight coming
@Freakyjean95: Open Market, come get it folks
@CaplanNFL: #49ers DL Ricky Jean-Francois has several teams in the mix for his services. Positional versatility is the reason why. Played all 3 DL positions. Not all the teams interested in Jean-Francois run a 3-4.
Originally posted by PTulini:
@CaplanNFL: #49ers DL Ricky Jean-Francois has several teams in the mix for his services. Positional versatility is the reason why. Played all 3 DL positions. Not all the teams interested in Jean-Francois run a 3-4.

No more peanut butter jelly time ...
I like RJF but I think he's overrated
He didnt push anyone out of playing time
And played average (overall) when he was out there.
I don't want to pay much for the depth. I recognise how important they are, but they are replaceable. You can't keep everyone. Keep the starters if you can and keep bringing in draftees and cheap vets.
We have a lot of picks (many high) these next few years so RJF will probably be gone. I think either Tukuafu or Dobbs could be cut later on as well. Guys better watch out we will be bringing in new young talent. RJF was a solid backup, nice late round find but could be replaced in the 1st few rounds. Not really any need to pay him 3-4 a year when we can draft a rookie for 4 years, 3-4 mil total.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by PTulini:

No more peanut butter jelly time ...