LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Griffin or Kaepernick?

luck
Kaep seems more durable. Also, he has a higher ceiling.

I really think RG3 is going to have injury issues his whole career. He just plays too wreckless.
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
RG3 its not even close. I like Kap but this its not close.

It is close. RG3 appears to be slightly better but his durability is a big questionmark.
Probably RG3 now but Kaep in the long run.

How is it not even close? What has RG3 done that is so much better?

Kaep was 5-2 with wins against CHI on MNF, @NO, and @NE. He finished the year with the 3rd best QBR behind only Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

In fact, In the 5 years since they started tracking QBR, Kaepernicks total of 76.8 ranks as the 9th best season. The 8 seasons in front of him? Rodgers, P.Manning, Brees, P.Manning, P.Manning, Brees, Brady, Brady,..Kaepernick.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Kaep was 5-2 with wins against CHI on MNF, @NO, and @NE. He finished the year with the 3rd best QBR behind only Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

In fact, In the 5 years since they started tracking QBR, Kaepernicks total of 76.8 ranks as the 9th best season. The 8 seasons in front of him? Rodgers, P.Manning, Brees, P.Manning, P.Manning, Brees, Brady, Brady,..Kaepernick.

He only played 7 seven games so that start is irrelevant. RG3 is a better runner, passer, and he rarely turns the ball over. He and Kap will both be special but RG3 is superior as is Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck. Kap could eventually surpass them and I hope he does but right now they're better.
Originally posted by Niners99:

He only played 7 seven games so that start is irrelevant. RG3 is a better runner, passer, and he rarely turns the ball over. He and Kap will both be special but RG3 is superior as is Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck. Kap could eventually surpass them and I hope he does but right now they're better.

lol again, what are you basing that off of? Theyve all played just a handful of games. Kaepernick has the most raw physical ability of any young QB in football. Who else in the NFL has a cannon like that, with that kind of speed and size? Nobody. He is JUST as good a runner as RG3. remember the preseason run against the Vikings? Every time i see this, i cant believe hes a QB.

Just like Luck and RG3, he stepped right into his first NFL action as if hed been playing for a couple years. Hes been just as impressive as Luck, RG3, and Wilson so far. Hes certainly faced harder opponents. The Colts had the NFL's weakest schedule this year, Wilson was 3-5 on the road, and the hardest team RG3 faced was Baltimore.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
RG3, my god this board has lost all objectivity whatsoever

My first thought lol
Originally posted by Joecool:

It is close. RG3 appears to be slightly better but his durability is a big questionmark.

His durability is a question mark because the Redskins use him like a f**king running back. The Redskins' brass and HC are morons for running their future right into the ground so early in his career. He has the highest ceiling of any QB in the league, IMO. He's got the accuracy, arm strength, football IQ, touch, personality, the list goes on and on.

When talking about potential, both are on the same page. Keep in mind, however, that Kaep got to sit for a year and a half under Harbaugh— who can wave his dick around and turn a qb into a star—and started with an offense that possessed Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Randy Moss, Mario Manningham and one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

Griffin has started day one and took a mediocre team and turned it into a playoff team.

Both have extremely high ceilings, but what Griffin has shown in his first year is incredible.
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Jan 4, 2013 at 3:30 AM ]
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

His durability is a question mark because the Redskins use him like a f**king running back. The Redskins' brass and HC are morons for running their future right into the ground so early in his career. He has the highest ceiling of any QB in the league, IMO. He's got the accuracy, arm strength, football IQ, touch, personality, the list goes on and on.

When talking about potential, both are on the same page. Keep in mind, however, that Kaep got to sit for a year and a half under Harbaugh— who can wave his dick around and turn a qb into a star—and started with an offense that possessed Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Randy Moss, Mario Manningham and one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

Griffin has started day one and took a mediocre team and turned it into a playoff team.

Both have extremely high ceilings, but what Griffin has shown in his first year is incredible.

Kaep played half a season. If you take his numbers and average them out over a full 16 games...

Kaepernick- 272 for 436, 62.4% comp., 3,628 yds, 20 TD, 6 INT, 98.3 passer rating, 76.8 QBR

Griffin- 258 for 393, 65.6% comp., 3,200 yds, 20 TD, 5 INT, 102.4 passer rating, 71.4 QBR

Kaep had 415 rushing yards and 5 TD's. 6.6 ypc with 9 fumbles, 2 lost. but he was involved as a wildcat guy earlier in the year, so you cant just double it.

Griffin had 815 rushing yards and 7 TD's. 6.8 ypc with 9 fumbles, 2 lost.

Now obviously you cant just double Kaep's numbers and say this is what wouldve happened, because who knows if he wouldve been fully ready on week 1. But from the way he played this year in the chances he did get. In the 7.5 games as a starting QB, what he did was the part time equivalent to what RG3 did this year over a full season.

From the passing ability to the rushing ability, they are eerily similar. I see injury issues in Griffin's future. He plays too reckless, and isnt the biggest guy in the world. Kaep has the mobility, but has shown the ability to move around in the pocket and avoid big hits.

Some of you guys laughing about this comparison need to stop paying attention to the ESPN hype machine, and the Subway/Gatorade commercials. Kaep is looking very legit as well. Its just going under the radar.

Originally posted by vrabbit:
RG3, my god this board has lost all objectivity whatsoever

Yep, RG3. Kaep isn't nearly as good as him or Luck.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Maybe using him like a RB is what makes the field more open for him. I mean, he rushed for 700+ yards. Teams MUST change their defense to contain WAS run-game including RG3. What if they rarely ran with him like we are now doing with Kaep? Do you think he sees more full coverages?

Right now RG3 is the better QB because that's what he has shown. However, he isn't that much better. Also, if rushing for 700+ yards is what makes him a better passer, then I would take Kaep in a heartbeat over RG3 because those 700+ yard rushing seasons will only last so long.
KAEPERNICKING all the way to the HOF!!!!!
Why isn't Russell Wilson on this poll?

The brand new thorn in our side.
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Why isn't Russell Wilson on this poll?

The brand new thorn in our side.

Because we don't want a 5'10" QB. Russ is good but he is limited to being an unconventional QB due to his height. He won't have a long and fruitful career. If you keep him in the pocket and throw a blitz right at him, he can't produce consistently. Now doing that is easier said than done, but Washington did expose a couple of things today. Credit the Hawks for a superior effort today, but the Skins were truly hindered by a gimpy RG3 as well. Hawks deserved the win though no doubt
Share 49ersWebzone